Author Topic: So Basically Jordan prevented KG to come in LA  (Read 119 times)

wcsoldier

So Basically Jordan prevented KG to come in LA
« on: August 05, 2007, 05:58:32 AM »
Sid Hartman: Celtics were only major player for KG
Wolves owner Glen Taylor also said he had a lot of talks with Kevin Garnett about the future of the team, and in the end, it resulted in the trade to Boston.

By Sid Hartman, Star Tribune

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said that while different media sources were speculating about trade possibilities for Kevin Garnett for some time, the only trade that even came close before the actual deal was made was an earlier conversation with the Celtics before the June NBA draft. "Had the Celtics being willing to give up their fifth pick in the first round and the player we wanted [Florida's Al Horford] been available, plus Al Jefferson, we might have considered that trade," Taylor said. "But they didn't agree to that. Furthermore, at the time, Kevin's agent said he wouldn't go there. They didn't want to make a commitment to him unless he was committed to them." Taylor said a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers was never close because there was a third team, Charlotte, involved, and the Bobcats never agreed.

the Lamar for Wallace + pick trade was the 1st step to get KG ... Jordan denied it

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So Basically Jordan prevented KG to come in LA
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 06:28:21 AM »
c'mon man, is this now the part where we are supposed to be like "damn, jordan don't want kobe to top his legacy"
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »
^^^^ I never said that , you did

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
LOL...Yea...there was a 3way in talks with the Bobcats, but Jordan wasn't down... :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 02:14:22 PM »
Burn in hell MJ. I've always hated you!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"