Author Topic: IM TIRED OF THE WEST NOT GETTIN RESPECT  (Read 566 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
IM TIRED OF THE WEST NOT GETTIN RESPECT
« on: August 08, 2007, 04:58:35 PM »
Fuck that shit man im tired of watchin mtv and bet and not ever seeing any westcoast videos im tired of listinnin to the radio not hear any westcoast g shit man and now i hear that julio g got fired what the fuck i hope that shit aint true man someone has to do something we aint gettin our respect man i mean when people think of the west right now they only think of two people and ya know who they are man i feel we got to start a chanel or a radio station or something man cuz this shit is so depressing :pimp:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:00:38 PM by Fatdodger »

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: IM TIRED OF THE WEST NOT GETTIN RESPECT
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »
true that homie they be playing to much pussy shit on the radio and on mtv we need some westcoast shit

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »
The westcoast media is part of the problem because they support everyone BUT the westcoast. But the people out here are as much to blame as the radios are. Mike Jones made that "My 64" song to give props to the West. Why? Because his marketing people found out that the largest percentage of his sales came from Cali. What a fuckin surprise. The state with far and away the most people, cant manage to make its own artists a factor. Shame.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
true that homie they be playing to much pussy shit on the radio and on mtv we need some westcoast shit

Like Bishop Lamont said, the radio is only for women between the ages of 16 and 35.  And they don't like that gangsta shit.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:37:56 PM »
That's why I don't listen to the radio or watch BET anymore (and I sure as hell don't watch MTV). But if you want the honest truth, 90% of WC rappers don't deserve respect. Blame the outlets all you want (and they do deserve a lot of blame), but before you can make a change, the "fans" need to take the first step.

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:57:32 PM »
yup yup cuz the radio be playing one hit wonders instead of some dope westcoast shit :-\

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
Why do you listen to the radio and watch BET ? useless ....

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 11:24:44 PM »
The only time I listen to the radio is at work. Aside from the Clyde Carson and Fixxers songs they play, nothing but pure garbage.

SGV

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 12:00:27 AM »
yup yup cuz the radio be playing one hit wonders instead of some dope westcoast shit :-\

West Coast shit is only dope to the people who are into West Coast music. Reality is, the majority of the rappers out here aren't making music that hits outside of their general area. Blame the artists, not the radio.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 04:33:08 AM »
LOL even west coast fans are sleepin on dope west coast music
RIP west coast music scene  8)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 09:36:35 AM »
Expacally if julio g is of the radio R.I.P westcoast radio

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

~Lucien~

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »

West Coast shit is only dope to the people who are into West Coast music. Reality is, the majority of the rappers out here aren't making music that hits outside of their general area. Blame the artists, not the radio.

yep. 10 points

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
I don't even listen to the radio at this point. I think the dope shit does get respect out west and other places. It may be a chosen few that get more exposure than others but people around the world still appreciate good music from the west.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 05:56:08 PM »

But mainstream artists have never made music for other areas. Rap has always been about "rep where you are from".

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 07:24:19 PM »

But mainstream artists have never made music for other areas. Rap has always been about "rep where you are from".

Its a combination of the media, and the fans. Anybody can say blame the rappers, but lets be real. Down South rap is the hottest shit out right now. Can anyone honestly say that Down South rappers are the best rappers? lol I can count on one hand the amount of Down South rappers I would consider really good. The rest are just riding the wave of knockin beats and bootyshake music. We all already know, the rappers who sell the most records usually arent the best rappers. Theyre just the most marketable out of the group.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"