Author Topic: Will.i.am is officially SELLOUT  (Read 1302 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: Will.i.am is officially SELLOUT
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 07:50:39 AM »
I think dude is talented and has always been about doing fun music.

This track is a clear example of that... those chicks might have gotten it from their mamas, but will.i.am got the sample from an old school 80's club/dance track called "Don Quichotte" by a French group called Magazine 60.

(fast forward to 1:50 for the exact sample)

I think hip hop has many faces and is always changing... that's what makes hip hop great.  And will.i.am is definitely an L.A. rep.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 08:26:47 AM »
man...u can say whatever u want..but he is one of the most talented producers nowdays...most of his shit went to number 1 ! so good that michael jackson called him and they were workin together for the new MJ album! FUCK RAP and bein underground if u can work with MJ and get $$$$ u feel me  8) 8)

True!!!

Lol@ you guys saying Dude ain't westcaost..balh..blah..blah, and catching feelings!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 09:46:18 AM »
i gues yall don't know tha history...eazy-e and will i am...the relationship they had!!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »
If I ever made a music video, I'd make it exactly like that.  I don't know about you guys, but that looked like the tightest place in the world to be!  He's been making "pop garbage" ever since Fergie came in the group, so why change now?  He can bring heat when he wants to (Nas, Game tracks,) but there's nothing wrong with this song.  It's mindless fun, and it's not as irritating as "My Humps."  And there's definitely nothing wrong with this video.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:16:45 AM by Eddie »

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 10:15:28 AM »
Lol, he already sold out years ago when he said "fuck the real hiphop fans, lets make sum corny music that millions of 12 year old girls all over the world will like".
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:25:19 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Konvict

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 10:20:56 AM »
he should've did more gangsta shit and stayed on ruthless records  8)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 10:34:21 AM »
i like the fact that he does whatever he feels like doing, whether its making the hip hop is dead song for Nas or doing songs that get played on KIIS FM.

He has taken himself out of the box that many artists are stuck in .... or are afraid to take themselves out of.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

no1wammy

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »
Quote from: Westcoastfanatic
Lol, he already sold out years ago when he said "fuck the real hiphop fans, lets make sum corny music that millions of 12 year old girls all over the world will like".

(I'm a kill myself for this statement)

Jokes: "Let's just hope the 12 year old girls who listen to his music come to their senses. We don't want another R. Kelly incident, now, would we?"

*shrugs*

Quote from: Konvict
he should've did more gangsta shit and stayed on ruthless records

1. Was he Will.I.Am back then, or did he go by a different alias?
2. Did he ever work with Slow Pain or any of the Chicano rappers while at Ruthless?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 11:56:28 AM »
Who ever considered this nigga HIP HOP to begin wit??

LMFAO.

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
I think if BEP would have started out their music that way I don't think it would turn off that many people to them. But their 1st 2 albums were dope as fuck, they were like a westcoast Tribe Called Quest to me back then lyrically and musically. That stuff is no were near the stuff they do now for the most part and for most that is why they are considered Sellouts. But on the production tip, Will ain't no joke on them boards.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:17:38 AM by D~Nice »

Elano

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 04:15:43 AM »
And there's definitely nothing wrong with this video.

This thread is not about the video  ::)

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007, 06:56:10 AM »
he should've did more gangsta shit and stayed on ruthless records  8)

yeah right LOL  8)

Quote from: QuietTruth

Who ever considered this nigga HIP HOP to begin wit??
LMFAO

he's more hip hop than all your favorite teen rappers will ever be expecially that clown in your signature  8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007, 08:42:09 AM »
^ I know, right. ::)

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
I think if BEP would have started out their music that way I don't think it would turn off that many people to them. But their 1st 2 albums were dope as fuck, they were like a westcoast Tribe Called Quest to me back then lyrically and musically. That stuff is no were near the stuff they do now for the most part and for most that is why they are considered Sellouts. But on the production tip, Will ain't no joke on them boards.
this is true......hell, primo produced one of their dopest songs........so yes, they were considered underground LA hip hop for the majority of the late 90's and repped LA well, heck, industry insider magazine(remember that? i gues only if you lived in LA and werent 8 at the time) named them LA hip hop group of the year back around 01'........and yes, they are now as pop as it gets, but give him credit for still making the occasional good hip hop song
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD