Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171737 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #405 on: November 06, 2007, 03:09:38 AM »
Great game. Made up for the blues though, 4 wins on the run. WHOOO!

Did you see the bit with Bill Kenwright on MOTD 2 ?

no what happened?

they basically followed him around on match day and showed what he did.

It would also show him each time everton scored so you would see him jumping around like a mad man.

He seemed like an alright guy and a bit more relaxed than most chairman.

Ive never really had a problem with him, alot of Everton fans will disagree. Hes a good chairman, done alot for Everton, loves the club, but hasnt got enough money to take us forward anymore. Thats his only problem. Hes get alot of stick though for things which people below him should be criticised for. Like messing up tickets, players not performing, us as a team not doing well etc.

Oh, news today from Everton. UEFA have banned all Everton fans who have booked a ticket through Nurenmergs website or through their phone system deeming it a high risk match. Many Everton fans where expected to travel and sit with the home fans but now UEFA have put a stop to it and said all fans will get a refund. Two of my mates are with that unlucky few who are now going to Nurenberg without a seat in the ground, gutted. Theres apparently 10 000 Everton fans making the journey. If thats not passion, I dont know what is.

Thats proper bad luck, guessing they are going to head to the touts ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bez

« Reply #406 on: November 06, 2007, 03:49:54 AM »

no what happened?

It would also show him each time everton scored so you would see him jumping around like a mad man.

Ive never really had a problem with him, alot of Everton fans will disagree. Hes a good chairman, done alot for Everton, loves the club, but hasnt got enough money to take us forward anymore. Thats his only problem. Hes get alot of stick though for things which people below him should be criticised for. Like messing up tickets, players not performing, us as a team not doing well etc.

Oh, news today from Everton. UEFA have banned all Everton fans who have booked a ticket through Nurenmergs website or through their phone system deeming it a high risk match. Many Everton fans where expected to travel and sit with the home fans but now UEFA have put a stop to it and said all fans will get a refund. Two of my mates are with that unlucky few who are now going to Nurenberg without a seat in the ground, gutted. Theres apparently 10 000 Everton fans making the journey. If thats not passion, I dont know what is.

Yes everyone will now.

Its s ahme allEnglish fans get labeled as hooligans though. As an Everton website said, go and ask Villareal and Kharkiav fans if we are hooligans. Shame.Its actually fucked that UEFA think that just by doing that they are going to minimilise any impending trouble. All this is going to do is lead potentially to more trouble through Everton fans buying on the black market etc.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #407 on: November 06, 2007, 09:28:11 AM »

no what happened?

Yes everyone will now.

Its s ahme allEnglish fans get labeled as hooligans though. As an Everton website said, go and ask Villareal and Kharkiav fans if we are hooligans. Shame.Its actually fucked that UEFA think that just by doing that they are going to minimilise any impending trouble. All this is going to do is lead potentially to more trouble through Everton fans buying on the black market etc.

yeah its fucking irrating how all english fans are still labelled hooligans just because of what happened during the early 80's.. UEFA constanstly single us out no matter what kind of game, champ league, uefa, world cup european cup etc when its clear to see that the state of english football hooliganism has changed dramatically.. But yet other big countries like Spain, Russia etc are allowed to get away with racist chants and atmospheres time and time again  >:( >:(

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2007, 02:35:04 AM »
If anything its the reputation of your city rivals that is preceding you, hence the 'high-risk' label that has been attached to the game. Its unfortunate, but in reality the home seats are for the home fans, so it is hard to feel sorry for Everton fans who bought tickets in that end of the ground only to have them taken away. The ticket quotas are there for a reason, mainly being that they cannot guarantee to have the necessary police resources to deal with more fans than the allocated number if anything does kick off (this applies to all away fans, not just English).

bez

« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2007, 04:02:36 AM »
Yeah its fair enough really. I have no complaints. I just think the tickets shouldnt of been sold to Everton fans in the first place.

And I understand why, Everton fans are no angels. Last time we was in europe it kicked off against Feyernood.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »
FA Cup 2nd Round here we come.

Bradford 1-0 Chester

Ten-man Bradford recorded their second win in five days over Chester and booked their passage into the second round of the FA Cup.

Peter Thorne was the Bantams' hero when he headed in Paul Evans' cross into the top corner of the Chester goal.

Chester's best effort came in the 30th minute when Nathan Lowndes' header was saved by keeper Donovan Ricketts.

Bradford were reduced to 10 men when striker Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu was sent off for a second bookable offence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7076467.stm

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »

Bradford 1-0 Chester

Ten-man Bradford recorded their second win in five days over Chester and booked their passage into the second round of the FA Cup.

Peter Thorne was the Bantams' hero when he headed in Paul Evans' cross into the top corner of the Chester goal.

Chester's best effort came in the 30th minute when Nathan Lowndes' header was saved by keeper Donovan Ricketts.

Bradford were reduced to 10 men when striker Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu was sent off for a second bookable offence.

:laugh:

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »

Bradford 1-0 Chester

dont knock him, hes our top scorer!! lets hope he signs a permanent deal.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #413 on: November 11, 2007, 03:52:36 AM »

Bradford 1-0 Chester

dont knock him, hes our top scorer!! lets hope he signs a permanent deal.

No diss, was just that he had a funny name ;)

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #414 on: November 11, 2007, 04:42:09 AM »
^ahhite, no worries.

hoping for an upset at Old Trafford today. even though it is scummy Blackburn..

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »
^ahhite, no worries.

hoping for an upset at Old Trafford today. even though it is scummy Blackburn..

8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2007, 09:37:30 AM »
... was talkin to my dad about the game, we thought blackburn would do alright away from home and with Rooney injured, Saha returning from injury and Tevez playing the role of provider I said that Ronaldo and Giggs would be threat in front of goal. seems i was sort of right. how was the performance? i didnt get to watch it...

on another note, Tranmere at home in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 09:39:12 AM by es-jay »

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2007, 10:09:55 AM »
Spurs finally won a league game  :) 4-0 thumping of wigan.. i wont get too far head of myself cos i know wigan aren't that hardest team to face at the moment, but the good news was that Berbatov wasnt meant to have played a blinder and unlike in recent weeks had a postive attiude  :) hopefully this is a start of things to come from him again.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2007, 11:54:24 AM »
Yeah, Berbatov was definitely on form today and seemed to be enjoying himself too. Here's to a swift climb up the league now.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #419 on: November 11, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
... was talkin to my dad about the game, we thought blackburn would do alright away from home and with Rooney injured, Saha returning from injury and Tevez playing the role of provider I said that Ronaldo and Giggs would be threat in front of goal. seems i was sort of right. how was the performance? i didnt get to watch it...

on another note, Tranmere at home in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

Unfortunately couldn't see the game  :-\