Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171737 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #435 on: November 17, 2007, 07:12:30 AM »
English football in crisis  :(

Word. We're lookin bad at the mo, but i cant make my mind up y. Cos all the players r playin gr8 4 their clubs but not together 4 england. Now 1st thing that comes 2 mind is 2 blame mclaren cos hes the manager and the players arent workin well 2gether, but 95% of them hav bin playin 2gether for a while now, so I dont cant really say mclaren is 2 blame 4 it. Sumfin needs 2 b dun tho, n I fink havin a quota of english players in each premier team is a gud start.

I dont agree with a quota, in the history of football england have only ever won one major tournoment. Its not like in the other 90 years there was lots of foreigners in the league. England players just arent technically good enough, there is not enough emphasis on expressing yourself on the pitch. 

The reason why a lot of these players look so good for there side is because they are surrounded by foreign players who have the technical ability to pick the right pass or create space for a team mate.

Im not saying england dont have some good players, but there game will improve surrounded by more ronaldo's and fabregas's and less marcus bents.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #436 on: November 17, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »
English football in crisis  :(

Word. We're lookin bad at the mo, but i cant make my mind up y. Cos all the players r playin gr8 4 their clubs but not together 4 england. Now 1st thing that comes 2 mind is 2 blame mclaren cos hes the manager and the players arent workin well 2gether, but 95% of them hav bin playin 2gether for a while now, so I dont cant really say mclaren is 2 blame 4 it. Sumfin needs 2 b dun tho, n I fink havin a quota of english players in each premier team is a gud start.

I dont agree with a quota, in the history of football england have only ever won one major tournoment. Its not like in the other 90 years there was lots of foreigners in the league. England players just arent technically good enough, there is not enough emphasis on expressing yourself on the pitch. 

The reason why a lot of these players look so good for there side is because they are surrounded by foreign players who have the technical ability to pick the right pass or create space for a team mate.

Im not saying england dont have some good players, but there game will improve surrounded by more ronaldo's and fabregas's and less marcus bents.

word end of they day we can only pick a 22 man squad anyway...if anythin the influx of foreign players just raises the bar so only the best talent breaks through...aaron lennon,walcott...aybhonglehor(sp ;D )...ashley young are all masnagin to make a name for theirselve..i believe like a lot of things the media blow up the issue up to sell papers

oh an isreal 2-1 wooooooooo....

now watch england lose to croatia

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #437 on: November 17, 2007, 03:18:02 PM »
^^^Yeah it wud b just englands luck!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #438 on: November 18, 2007, 05:46:43 AM »
i was estactic at the Irseal result yesterday, they've nearly got us out of a very sticky situation.. Big thanks and props to all the Irseal nation and people on here!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2007, 06:30:38 AM »
I can understand why everyone is pleased about the Israel result but does anyone think we can actually make a major impact at euro 2008 with mcclaren in charge ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
^ nope.. but ill still rather crash out in the actual tournament then flop it the qualification, simple as..

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #441 on: November 19, 2007, 01:09:12 AM »
^ nope.. but ill still rather crash out in the actual tournament then flop it the qualification, simple as..

I don't think they have much chance of winning it but it's still better to be there than not.
NO MORE WAR

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #442 on: November 19, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »

I don't think they have much chance of winning it but it's still better to be there than not.

yeah i know.. thing is though we dont really deserve to be init considering our overal performances in the qualifications.. where as you boys had every right to be and deserved too proceed into the tournament  :-\

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #443 on: November 20, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
bring on Croatia! realistically i think we will draw, but a win would be awesome. still say McClaren to get the axe.

pity i have to work tho... but i will be listening to the radio and then straight to the pub @ 9pm for the 2nd half.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2007, 10:02:38 AM »
pity i have to work tho... but i will be listening to the radio and then straight to the pub @ 9pm for the 2nd half.

damn that sucks.. i was meant to be having driving lesson tomorrow around 7'30, but i quickly knocked that on the head and changed it  8) can hear the pub calling my name from here :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:11:00 AM by It'Is-What-It'Is (a.k.a.) Educated Thug »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »
lol, there is a pub 200yards from my job. i will be parked in front of the tv at 9:01pm. :cheers:

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #446 on: November 21, 2007, 03:13:53 AM »
^^^Lucky 4 u! I gotta work til 10.30 so its strictly radio 4 me!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #447 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:18 AM »
we have got the live feed from a chinese television channel on one of the PCs at work. we will be all gathered around that one machine dead on 8. i will curse anyone who rings me wanting to book a holiday.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #448 on: November 21, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #449 on: November 21, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
bollocks. piss poor performance from a side who didnt deserve to qualify... i always had hope, what with being English n all, but that was terrible. McClaren, fuck off!