Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171750 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #540 on: December 20, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
^well yeah, true, but dont you think he looks like a troll doll (or at least the hair)???

yeah the hair is a bit out there

Insane tackle by Crouch yesterday :o

very stupid aswell after what had happened in the spurs game

Everton have a better chance of winning the league than Liverpool, haha!

you have no business discussing the top of the table...you support everton...stick to the uefa cup

as long as were not 30 points off the winners this year then we are still continuing to progress...anyone who thought we were going to win it this year was slightly deluded at best

do you not think you should have progressed further by now ?

Benitez has spent a lot of money and has had plenty of time to develop his team and the way they play.

Personally im glad he is your manager because i think he costs you points.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #541 on: December 20, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
^ He rotates the squad a bit too much, and I've heard that Benitez has asked for more transfermoney

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #542 on: December 21, 2007, 01:10:56 AM »
he spent 46m and brought 26m back in so thats 20m in all

we havent been in the sameboat as utd and chelsea to be spendin 20+ million on one player over the last year...we cant do it one season and suddenly expect the league...if anything benitez is punished for over-succeeding in the cl in his1st year

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #543 on: December 21, 2007, 03:12:17 AM »

we havent been in the sameboat as utd and chelsea to be spendin 20+ million on one player over the last year...we cant do it one season and suddenly expect the league...if anything benitez is punished for over-succeeding in the cl in his1st year

he spent a lot more previous seasons and didnt recoup, in total £127 mil spent and 51 mil brought back http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/11/23/rafa-benitez-s-transfer-history-100252-20150499/

thats more than enough to build a team to challenge for the title.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #544 on: December 21, 2007, 03:36:23 AM »

he spent a lot more previous seasons and didnt recoup, in total £127 mil spent and 51 mil brought back http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/11/23/rafa-benitez-s-transfer-history-100252-20150499/

thats more than enough to build a team to challenge for the title.

how much have utd and chelsea spent buildin on sides that have already won titles though???...im not sure but rio=28m rooney=25m hargreaves=18m??...carrick 16m....tevez....shevchenko???...essien etc etc....were playing catch up though i do agree with the squad now we should be challenging,,,but that isnt necessarily wiinning it...as long as the gap is nobigger than 12 points it will be another season of progression...the new players also need time to bed in so thats a factor

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #545 on: December 21, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »
we just bought an Angolan striker Manucho  8)
24 years old, has played 8 times for his national team, and has scored twice....

From manutd.com

United has reached agreement with Petro Athletico of Luanda to sign Mateus Alberto Contreiras Goncalves – "Manucho."

The 24-year-old Angolan international striker, who has scored twice in 10 appearances for his country, has agreed personal terms and will join the Club in January on a 3-year agreement.  An application for a work permit will be made in due course.

He was top goalscorer in the last two seasons of the GiraBola, finishing with 16 goals for Petro Luanda in 2006 and 15 goals this year. Manucho will be part of the Angolan squad for the African Nations Cup in January.

Sir Alex Ferguson is delighted by the new arrival, saying: “We have had Manucho here for a 3-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a 3-year contract.

"He is a tall, agile and quick forward and through contacts that Carlos [Queiroz] has was brought to our attention around six months ago.”

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #546 on: December 21, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »
i know nothing about this guy other than what i have read today.

It will be interesting to see how he settles in, whether he will be involved with the first team or playing with dong in the reseves.

Wont find out for a while due to african nations.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #547 on: December 21, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »
Big game tomorrow!
Spurs is goin dooooown  8)

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2007, 03:21:07 AM »
Big game tomorrow!

bring it on homie.. todays the first installment of a big three games against you's inside a month.. may the Ramos Movement strike you down and remove you from our path!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #549 on: December 22, 2007, 03:26:17 AM »
Big game tomorrow!

bring it on homie.. todays the first installment of a big three games against you's inside a month.. may the Ramos Movement strike you down and remove you from our path!
Hahah,*snap* :D

It's at Emirates!

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2007, 06:46:31 AM »
so, Arsenal win 2-1. will need to tape MOTD this evening.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #551 on: December 22, 2007, 07:05:03 AM »
We won again!
Daaamn such a good feeling!
The day, the weekend and christmas has been moved up 3 notches!
1. we won!
2. we beat those shitty spurs
3. they had the chance to win, but failed big time!

PS: Berbatov is a fuckin whiny bitch, fuck him!

;D

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #552 on: December 22, 2007, 07:37:23 AM »

BIG BEN  8)

kemizt

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #553 on: December 22, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »

BIG BEN  8)

I saw that on the BBC website, some picture.

When you think about how high he has jumped and has to stoop down to head that ball.
NO MORE WAR

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2007, 08:52:33 PM »

BIG BEN  8)

I saw that on the BBC website, some picture.

When you think about how high he has jumped and has to stoop down to head that ball.

IMO Bendtner should play more often.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 04:37:22 AM by K.Dub »

kemizt