Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171733 times)

da_notorious_mack

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #690 on: February 01, 2008, 04:36:48 AM »
theres no way hyppia will go in january....only available cover is skrtel now hobbs has gone back out on loan...agger still a month off full fitness

plus you missed skrtel,sissoko

looks like mascherano's stayin now 8) .....really pleased with that...know were not doing great now..but we have a lot of quality players at young ages that will come to make the back bone of the team imo

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #691 on: February 01, 2008, 05:29:54 AM »
theres no way hyppia will go in january....only available cover is skrtel now hobbs has gone back out on loan...agger still a month off full fitness

Okay, u might be right, but I believe that Sami will leave in the summer. He's passed his peak.

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #692 on: February 01, 2008, 06:03:32 AM »

Okay, u might be right, but I believe that Sami will leave in the summer. He's passed his peak.

yeah i think your right...id prefer him to retire @ l'pool though and take up a coaching role...for the last ten years hes been a great role model for younger players and a collosus at the back

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #693 on: February 01, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »
Nothing too special in the transfer window.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #694 on: February 01, 2008, 02:52:48 PM »
Nothing too special in the transfer window.

We needed a left-back and possibly a centre-half.

Strachan buys us 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Awesome.
NO MORE WAR

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #695 on: February 01, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
this is mainly directed to the Scottish heads in here, i just wanted to know your thoughts on Alan Hutton? i dont catch much SPL highlights but from what i saw from him during the euro qualifiers he seems a bright prospect, suprised to see rangers let him go.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #696 on: February 01, 2008, 05:02:31 PM »
this is mainly directed to the Scottish heads in here, i just wanted to know your thoughts on Alan Hutton? i dont catch much SPL highlights but from what i saw from him during the euro qualifiers he seems a bright prospect, suprised to see rangers let him go.

He has really come on leaps and bounds the last 6 months but to be honest he wasn't up to much the last 2/3 years.

In my (probably biased) opinion, he is good going forward but isn't particularly excellent defensively.

He will be tested a lot in the EPL and I'm anxious to see how he gets on. :)
NO MORE WAR

Invincible

« Reply #697 on: February 01, 2008, 07:14:01 PM »
Great freekick from ronaldo !

Damn right. Spurs away today. The amount of goals they score at home is slightly worrying. But I think we'll get through it.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #698 on: February 01, 2008, 08:25:50 PM »
In my opinion, Celtic needed a striker, a right back, a left back and a creative midfielder. 3 out of 4 aint bad. We'll take the league with these signings.

Directed to "it is what it is"......

"Hutton went to Spurs for 9 million, seeing as he has only came good these lst 6 months i think its crazily over priced, but maybe in 3 years it will look like a bargain. Talk of him being long term replacement for Gary Neville"

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #699 on: February 02, 2008, 06:54:47 AM »

Damn right. Spurs away today. The amount of goals they score at home is slightly worrying. But I think we'll get through it.

hopefully, im pissed off though. Found out i aint guarenteed a ticket for united arsenal in the cup. The arsenal fans will have my seat so instead of just relocating me like they did last season, i have to apply and hope i get one.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #700 on: February 02, 2008, 09:09:57 AM »
you jammy bastards....

Bradford picked up 3 points away @ Macclesfield. nice!

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #701 on: February 02, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »
Thank you Carlos!!

Spurs should have deserved three points though....Hutton was brilliant...

Invincible

« Reply #702 on: February 02, 2008, 10:43:01 AM »

hopefully, im pissed off though. Found out i aint guarenteed a ticket for united arsenal in the cup. The arsenal fans will have my seat so instead of just relocating me like they did last season, i have to apply and hope i get one.

Shit, that sucks. I wouldn't wanna miss that game. United v Arsenal in the cup is usually a great match. Then again so is every match against the 2 teams.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #703 on: February 02, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »
Damn that Tevez fool ;)

We crushed City though! :D

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #704 on: February 03, 2008, 02:52:30 AM »

Shit, that sucks. I wouldn't wanna miss that game. United v Arsenal in the cup is usually a great match. Then again so is every match against the 2 teams.

Hopefully i will still get one im just annoyed that there is a doubt because last year they just gave you a different seat.

Got lucky yesterday, didnt play well at all !

Tevez is becoming a bit of a big game player scoring some crucial goals, liverpool, chelsea and spurs.

He is one scary looking guy though

you jammy bastards....

Bradford picked up 3 points away @ Macclesfield. nice!

was dean windass a gypsy ?