Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171748 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #825 on: March 05, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »
i see Christiano "I have 27 shots each game, score 1 and am hailed the best player in the world" Ronaldo has scored for United...

That's a tad harsh and I think we can all admit in reality he would walk into any team in the world. Including Bradford City.
NO MORE WAR

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #826 on: March 05, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »
i see Christiano "I have 27 shots each game, score 1 and am hailed the best player in the world" Ronaldo has scored for United...

That's a tad harsh and I think we can all admit in reality he would walk into any team in the world. Including Bradford City.

i'm sure Bradford would jump at the chance to sign him (even in 20 years when he is looking at retiring...)

if you dont shoot you wont score my friend.

onto the seriousness of my post:

THIS IS MY OPINION, I REALISE THAT MOST PEOPLE WON'T AGREE WITH ME BUT I HOPE THIS POST HELPS YOU TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO HIS FLAW/S

i know its a bit harsh, and sort of uncalled for but i have a big issue with the media and Manchester United fans overhyping of Cristiano Ronaldo.

I agree, in full that the boy has talent, that is undeniable. However, I feel that he is holding himself back from being possibly one of the best players ever...

do you remember when you were in Primary School playing football in the yard? there was always that one kid who had to be the captain, he would always take penalties and freekicks, not necessarily scoring them, would run around with the ball, refusing to pass so that they themselves could shoot, and if you ever won the ball from them fairly they would go down like a sack-o'-spuds??

do you see the parallells to Ronaldo?

perfect example: last nights game (granted i didnt see it all, just some highlights...) but Ronaldo was able to dribble his way into the box, Rooney's marker leaves him to join a teammate in challenging Ronaldo. Rather than passing to a unmarked Rooney (i'm pretty sure he would have scored from his position) he continues to piss about with it before firing a shot at the goalkeeper... wasted...

the point of this post i guess is that he needs to grow up, advance his game and start to use his skills to assist the team rather than he, himself trying to be the team.

*hopes for serious discussion as appose to serious Karma drop*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:30:43 PM by es-jay »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #827 on: March 05, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »
I see what you mean.

He needs to become more of a team player and slightly more unselfish, like Rooney even.

DISS!!!!! :P
NO MORE WAR

bez

« Reply #828 on: March 05, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
you cant argue with Ronaldo this season mate, no fucking way. The kid is on fire. Hes lit the league up this season.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #829 on: March 06, 2008, 03:55:22 AM »
TORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEESSSSSSS

6Goals in 2 games!!....2 of last nights were class

on a side note....Gerrard is a self-centred arrogant prick

scorin in the 86min frm 30yards when i had money on a 3-0 win

i actually feel tosend him my betting slip asking for the money >:(

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #830 on: March 06, 2008, 04:06:23 AM »

It was fairly obvious it was gonna be a 4-0 win.
NO MORE WAR

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #831 on: March 06, 2008, 07:28:32 AM »

It was fairly obvious it was gonna be a 4-0 win.

hard to predict anything with us @ the moment...it was just the timing and the way he scored that pissed me off lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #832 on: March 06, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »
I see what es-jay is saying.

When ronaldo first arrived in the premiership he would run down into blind alleys and do too many tricks.

There would be no end result, no cross or shot.

Now a days at times he still does that but the difference is he has earned the right to try a audatious shot or hold on to the ball when he should pass. He has scored so many goals and created so many he gets that le way to make a bad decision now and then.

He is only 21/22 so he will still make wrong decisions but hopefully he can improve on that aspect.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bgko1

« Reply #833 on: March 06, 2008, 09:10:45 AM »
As much as i hate man u Ronaldo is good but i think nani is havin a better first season than Ronaldo's first

wcsoldier

« Reply #834 on: March 06, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »
Manchester kinda remind me Barcelona (the year they won the CL, especially against Benfica) .. lots of great opportunities wasted because their forwards want to score in a complicated way or pass the ball whereas they are in a better position to shoot it ... it was obvious Man U was superior to Lyon but the qualification was still threatened coz of the lack of efficiency in attack ... teams like Man U and Arsenal have to stop fucking around , just score the damn ball when they are supposed to and put the game away ..

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #835 on: March 06, 2008, 02:21:25 PM »
^
yeah but I think ManU is already more effective than Arsenal. If they can handle that they both can make it to the final.

bgko1

« Reply #836 on: March 06, 2008, 02:34:49 PM »
I think barcelona Chelsea in Cl final

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2008, 10:09:37 AM »

When ronaldo first arrived in the premiership he would run down into blind alleys and do too many tricks.

Now a days at times he still does that but the difference is he has earned the right to try a audatious shot or hold on to the ball when he should pass. He has scored so many goals and created so many he gets that le way to make a bad decision now and then.

He is only 21/22 so he will still make wrong decisions but hopefully he can improve on that aspect.

thanks for the response. i have raised my points to some Man Utd supporting friends but they don't take notice really, they're just happy with him scoring occassionaly. like you pointed out he is still young and im 96.42% sure at some point he will realise what he is doing wrong and start helping to create more chances/goals than wasting chances.

i think one of the main problems is the media though, they're always hyping him up focusing on a goal he'll score rather than the 7 other goals he could've set up if he'd passed etc.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »

thanks for the response. i have raised my points to some Man Utd supporting friends but they don't take notice really, they're just happy with him scoring occassionaly. like you pointed out he is still young and im 96.42% sure at some point he will realise what he is doing wrong and start helping to create more chances/goals than wasting chances.

i think one of the main problems is the media though, they're always hyping him up focusing on a goal he'll score rather than the 7 other goals he could've set up if he'd passed etc.

it best to always ignore the media, i cant take what they say about ronaldo seriously.

especially those on the bbc, during the euro's you had shearer saying rooney should hit him and how ronaldo was a disgrace to football.

Throw in linker saying that he shoud leave the country and now a year later all they can do is praise him.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2008, 10:35:02 AM »

it best to always ignore the media, i cant take what they say about ronaldo seriously.

especially those on the bbc, during the euro's you had shearer saying rooney should hit him and how ronaldo was a disgrace to football.

Throw in linker saying that he shoud leave the country and now a year later all they can do is praise him.

all the pundits on MOTD change their opinions on stuff from week to week...

i was more focusing on the papers, then again The Sun, Daily Star etc are always full of shit.

btw: with Rooney being the 'hot-head' he is im quite suprised he didnt smack him one.