Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171672 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
I see what es-jay is saying.

When ronaldo first arrived in the premiership he would run down into blind alleys and do too many tricks.

There would be no end result, no cross or shot.

Now a days at times he still does that but the difference is he has earned the right to try a audatious shot or hold on to the ball when he should pass. He has scored so many goals and created so many he gets that le way to make a bad decision now and then.

He is only 21/22 so he will still make wrong decisions but hopefully he can improve on that aspect.

thanks for the response. i have raised my points to some Man Utd supporting friends but they don't take notice really, they're just happy with him scoring occassionaly. like you pointed out he is still young and im 96.42% sure at some point he will realise what he is doing wrong and start helping to create more chances/goals than wasting chances.

i think one of the main problems is the media though, they're always hyping him up focusing on a goal he'll score rather than the 7 other goals he could've set up if he'd passed etc.

it best to always ignore the media, i cant take what they say about ronaldo seriously.

especially those on the bbc, during the euro's you had shearer saying rooney should hit him and how ronaldo was a disgrace to football.

Throw in linker saying that he shoud leave the country and now a year later all they can do is praise him.

all the pundits on MOTD change their opinions on stuff from week to week...

i was more focusing on the papers, then again The Sun, Daily Star etc are always full of shit.

btw: with Rooney being the 'hot-head' he is im quite suprised he didnt smack him one.

lol.

Yeah the papers are full of shit, luckily i manage to avoid them most of the time.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »
^^^Yeah i agree, the english media r possibly 1 of the worst, so full of shit! And as for MOTD pundits well, i think hansens "theyll win nuffin with kids" sayin says it all really!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #842 on: March 08, 2008, 06:46:56 AM »
WHAT THE FUUUUUCK!!!!!  >:( >:(

I'm so fucking frustrated, how the fuck we lost that!!!

Even more frustrating looking the replays, rooney didn't see anderson pointing that there is a free guy in the middle....FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

Invincible

« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
WHAT THE FUUUUUCK!!!!!  >:( >:(

I'm so fucking frustrated, how the fuck we lost that!!!

Even more frustrating looking the replays, rooney didn't see anderson pointing that there is a free guy in the middle....FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

The real questions are how the fuck was the tackle on Ronaldo not a penalty and how did Carrick not score. Bad day at the office for United.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »
No idea how we lost.

We had the chances, 2 off the line, hit the post and a couple of good saves. On another day we would have won easily but if you dont take ya chances theres always a chance this will happen.

Missing the chances was our own fault but the performance of the ref isnt something you can help.

I aint got no complaints with the penalty , but it was debatable whether it was a sending off as we had two covering. Id give him the benifit of the doubt with that though. How we didnt get given a penalty in the first half i'll never know. Apparently not playing the ball or even attempting to and then barching into someone is fine  :-\

Hopefully vds isnt too badly injured, not sure how many games kuscack is suspended for. Id guiess we will have to rush foster back or maybe put rio in goal again(if he'd stuck his arm out a bit more he might have got to the pen).

Just watched Barnsley beat chelsea , which brightened my day up a bit. Avram grant is gonna be under a lot of pressure, in all honesty with the big four out now it will be a refreshing change.

Also just want to say now all 4 are out there will be no more talk from united, arsenal, or chelsea about trebles. The way the players and managers talk its as if its really easy to do, they seem to forget its only been done once in a hundred odd years !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #845 on: March 08, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »
Wow, United and Chelsea both tumble out.. Made the competition a whole lot more interesting. I'd like to see Harry Redknapp lift the throphy with Pompey, done a good job there and deserves some silverware for himself after all these years.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #846 on: March 09, 2008, 07:09:19 AM »
Wow, United and Chelsea both tumble out.. Made the competition a whole lot more interesting. I'd like to see Harry Redknapp lift the throphy with Pompey, done a good job there and deserves some silverware for himself after all these years.

word would be a just reward for turning down newcastle

now i need to see all the chelsea fans i was takin stick from when barnsley knocked us out... ;D

oh yas 3-0 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #847 on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »
Wigan 0 Arsenal 0  ;D

bez

« Reply #848 on: March 09, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »
come on blue boys!!!

bez

« Reply #849 on: March 12, 2008, 05:14:40 AM »
Come on Everton. A good performance and a clean sheet and who knows what can happen. Just hope everyone will play to their best tonight and get a good result. Come on!!!!!

Invincible

« Reply #850 on: March 12, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »
Come on Everton. A good performance and a clean sheet and who knows what can happen. Just hope everyone will play to their best tonight and get a good result. Come on!!!!!

Yer good luck to them. Everton have impressed me this season. Hope you can beat Liverpool to that 4th spot, but I can't see it happening.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #851 on: March 13, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
great away win for City yesterday, 1-0 @ Chester!!

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #852 on: March 14, 2008, 05:26:34 AM »
the Champions League draw has been made:

Champions League quarter-final draw:

Arsenal v Liverpool
AS Roma v Man Utd
Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Champions League semi-final draw:

Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea
Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Man Utd

Elano

« Reply #853 on: March 14, 2008, 05:31:07 AM »

AND THERE IS A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD  ::)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #854 on: March 14, 2008, 05:49:39 AM »

AND THERE IS A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD  ::)

and this is a thread for Football in general  ::)