Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171673 times)

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #915 on: March 26, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »
Amazing own goal :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/oX1zSCfK_Ns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/oX1zSCfK_Ns</a>

Invincible

« Reply #916 on: March 26, 2008, 10:03:36 PM »
Amazing own goal :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/oX1zSCfK_Ns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/oX1zSCfK_Ns</a>

Thats good, but I suggest you to make a seperate thread for that. This thread is about current happenings.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #917 on: March 27, 2008, 06:37:08 AM »
i was watching it in the pub so i only saw torres get booked and mascherano ask whats happening?...so i cant really defend him other to say i see players get away with it on a weekly basis....i.e Rooney Ferdinand and plenty of other players..it was still stupid though and im not defending him

and lol @ that pic...this is why outside criticism aimed @ Rafa never really stands up under scrutiny...18 years???...well i suppose he could have rang Roy Evans and gave him some tips??...or maybe he should have helped Houiller decide on which transfers to pursue instead of concentrating on Valencia who he happened to be contractually obliged to at the time...can only judge the man on his time there...2 CL finals...FA cup winners...and decent league positions plus a spine to a young team that will hold us in good stead for years..maybe you forget Fergie took 5 years to win anything with Utd...and their were calls for him to be sacked..and we're still closer to the leaders this year than we were before so theres been progression despite outside belief to the contary.its like the myth that he rested torres every other game at the start of the season when he only missed a game and a 1/2 when he was match fit....everyone but l'pool fans seems to want Rafa to go but really who gives a toss what they think???

i mean i wanted Mourinho to go.... ;D

t

Rafa may not have been in charge 18 years but that is the last time you won the league and with Rafa in charge ypu will never win the league.

For that reason i hope he isnt fired.

Yes it took time for fergie to win anything but during that time he wasnt claiming that they were going to win the league like rafa and the majority of your squad.

Yeah ive seen rooney and rio have a moan at the ref but im yet to see them do it on a continual basis throughout a whole half.

A ref will except a player may lose there temper or have a moan about an incident but not over and over again.

show me a quote where rafa said we will win the league???...ive heard him say we have a squad capable but never we will WIN the league

and thats like fergie says every year man u should win the CL,the quadruple etc

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #918 on: March 27, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »
i was watching it in the pub so i only saw torres get booked and mascherano ask whats happening?...so i cant really defend him other to say i see players get away with it on a weekly basis....i.e Rooney Ferdinand and plenty of other players..it was still stupid though and im not defending him

and lol @ that pic...this is why outside criticism aimed @ Rafa never really stands up under scrutiny...18 years???...well i suppose he could have rang Roy Evans and gave him some tips??...or maybe he should have helped Houiller decide on which transfers to pursue instead of concentrating on Valencia who he happened to be contractually obliged to at the time...can only judge the man on his time there...2 CL finals...FA cup winners...and decent league positions plus a spine to a young team that will hold us in good stead for years..maybe you forget Fergie took 5 years to win anything with Utd...and their were calls for him to be sacked..and we're still closer to the leaders this year than we were before so theres been progression despite outside belief to the contary.its like the myth that he rested torres every other game at the start of the season when he only missed a game and a 1/2 when he was match fit....everyone but l'pool fans seems to want Rafa to go but really who gives a toss what they think???

i mean i wanted Mourinho to go.... ;D

t

Rafa may not have been in charge 18 years but that is the last time you won the league and with Rafa in charge ypu will never win the league.

For that reason i hope he isnt fired.

Yes it took time for fergie to win anything but during that time he wasnt claiming that they were going to win the league like rafa and the majority of your squad.

Yeah ive seen rooney and rio have a moan at the ref but im yet to see them do it on a continual basis throughout a whole half.

A ref will except a player may lose there temper or have a moan about an incident but not over and over again.

show me a quote where rafa said we will win the league???...ive heard him say we have a squad capable but never we will WIN the league

and thats like fergie says every year man u should win the CL,the quadruple etc

i doubt fergie has ever said we will do the quadruple , like we would win the league cup  ;) Anyway unlike benitez , ferguson has done the double and treble so there is more credability to what he says.

Lol at you trying to get me on a technicality of course no manager will come forward and say we will win the league but by saying you have the squad its clearly insinuating its possible.

The problem is liverpool clearly dont have the squad for it, you dont hear everton suggesting they can win the league even though they have basically been as good as liverpool these last few years.

Liverpool say it because of there history and its what the fans want.

Benitez is already falling into the same trap

"If I think it’s impossible, maybe I could look at other options. But I’m not thinking about that. I think we can win titles, and win the Premier League. Not this year – it would be almost impossible – but in the future "

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/02/02/rafa-benitez-i-m-at-liverpool-to-win-the-league-title-64375-20427450/

I dont think we will ever agree i think benitez and liverpool are shit, you dont. I dont think either of us will change are opinions !!

Props anyway !

Gallas made me laugh today he came out with another classic comment

Arsenal captain William Gallas has revealed he has no "mates" at the Emirates. "They are more like acquaintances," he said. "Really, it's the guys at [former club] Chelsea. It always gives me pleasure to see them again."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #919 on: March 28, 2008, 04:08:09 AM »
The Mascherano red card was bullshit. Ruined the game. Man Utd were never gonna lose after that.

I understand you saying it might have been for "constant" dissent. But I don't think a player should ever see a red card for calmly saying "what's happening?" twice.

Steve Bennett acts like a School Headmaster on the football pitch and that is not the right way to referee a football match.

That being said, I don't think the Liverpool fans were complaining in the last 2 CL games when Inter were harshly reduced to 10 men so they get no sympathy from me even tho Steve Bennett IS an arsehole and WAS wrong.
NO MORE WAR

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #920 on: March 28, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »
^^^^^^the sun are really doing my head in with it as well....

and yeah kuruption its kl....u can retract your statements when we win the league ;D

bez

« Reply #921 on: March 28, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »
How was it a bullshit red card? I had said to my father about 15 mins before it happened, hes guna get sent off. He got booked and never let it go. The camera went on him a few times and you could see him shouting fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, you cant say that to a ref. If it was rugby he would of gone the first time that happened.

The ref was in his right to send him off. Kinda makes up for the fact he should of been charged with violent conduct against Boro tho. He argued and carried on argueing, I would of sent him off aswell. He had no need to go over and moan about it. He was looking to get sent off.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #922 on: March 28, 2008, 12:45:13 PM »
^^^^^^the sun are really doing my head in with it as well....

and yeah kuruption its kl....u can retract your statements when we win the league ;D

lol, hopefully i wont have to. Id feel like a right idiot if you did win the league !

The Mascherano red card was bullshit. Ruined the game. Man Utd were never gonna lose after that.

I understand you saying it might have been for "constant" dissent. But I don't think a player should ever see a red card for calmly saying "what's happening?" twice.

Steve Bennett acts like a School Headmaster on the football pitch and that is not the right way to referee a football match.

That being said, I don't think the Liverpool fans were complaining in the last 2 CL games when Inter were harshly reduced to 10 men so they get no sympathy from me even tho Steve Bennett IS an arsehole and WAS wrong.

just out of interest , if Bennett had sent him off on one of the earlier occasions where he told him to fuck off etc. would he have been wrong ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:10:32 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #923 on: March 28, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
im not making excuses for his conduct but i will point out when he scored his first goal for the club he ran off screamin "fuck off fuck fuck off" lol some people just literally cant help swearing..the amount of times i shout oh for fucks sake when something dosent go my way in a day is obscene...i think of the 6 incidents(dont take me word for word as ive worked very hard to forget the match lol) only about 2-3 of said dissents could be claimed to be directly @ the ref...i do hate it when players do that card thing though...

1st player weve had sent off in the league this season as well

Elano

« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2008, 07:34:15 AM »
"old" but i never get tired of this clip
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vmv1l1oUHUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Vmv1l1oUHUA</a>
I LOVE THIS GAME  ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #925 on: March 29, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »
 ;D

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #926 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vmv1l1oUHUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Vmv1l1oUHUA</a>
I LOVE THIS GAME  ;D

viera got put in his place by keane.

great goal by ronaldo today and a brilliant team performace.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #927 on: March 29, 2008, 07:31:59 PM »
Aye, love that video. "Your always talking about Senegal this, Sengal that....you dont even play for them!!"

The Maestro

Invincible

« Reply #928 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
I LOVE THIS GAME  ;D

viera got put in his place by keane.

great goal by ronaldo today and a brilliant team performace.

Yeah classic clip.

Yer today we looked pretty comfortable and eased to a 4-0 win. i love it when we play like that.

and ronaldo right now just can't be stopped.  8) 8) 8)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #929 on: March 30, 2008, 03:23:33 AM »
Lol.. Derby County offically the worse Premier League campaign ever.