Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171729 times)

Invincible

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #990 on: April 13, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »
YES !!!!!!!!!!!

Word.

Great result. To come from behind aswell.

I even had the nerve to stick United on a bet too. I never usually put them on a bet. £40 comin my way.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #991 on: April 14, 2008, 01:30:09 AM »
Lovely goal by Hagreaves  :-\

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #992 on: April 14, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
YES !!!!!!!!!!!

Word.

Great result. To come from behind aswell.

I even had the nerve to stick United on a bet too. I never usually put them on a bet. £40 comin my way.

congrats, i never bet on united as i worry i will curse them. Yes, i have that much power over the result !
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:33:17 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #993 on: April 14, 2008, 02:27:29 PM »
can't believe Chelsea fucked up...

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #994 on: April 14, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »

Lol, one of my friends was at the game.. cant wait to speak to him bout it tomorrow.. big up Emile!

Invincible

« Reply #995 on: April 14, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »

At home to Wigan. Me neither. You would of expected a comfortable 3-0 victory or something, but thats football. Thankyou very much Emile.

Elano

« Reply #996 on: April 15, 2008, 12:07:26 AM »

DISTRAUGHT Frank Lampard dashed away from a vital match last night after hearing his mother was seriously ill.

Lampard, 29, had been warming up for Chelsea’s game against Wigan when he was told the news about his beloved mum Pat.

The ashen-faced midfield ace, dressed in a white Chelsea polo shirt and blue tracksuit bottoms with a white training top tied around his waist, sprinted down the touchline, past some fans in their seats and out of the ground to his car.

After driving to the hospital he joined other distraught family members were at the bedside of 58-year-old Pat as she fought pneumonia.

Doctors were keeping her under observation. It was not known whether her condition was life-threatening. Lampard’s agent Steve Kutner said last night: “It is a family matter. There is an illness in the family and that’s it.”

Last night sources close to the footballer told The Sun that Pat was “gravely ill”.

Elano

« Reply #997 on: April 15, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #998 on: April 15, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »

in english ?

There is absolutly no chance of real buying ronaldo this year, fergie is never gonna sell the best player in the world.

Plus ronaldo has emphasised loads of times how happy he is at united !

EDIT

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has warned his former club Real Madrid that even £96million would not be enough to prise away Cristiano Ronaldo.

Spanish giants Real Madrid have been continually linked with a move for United ace Ronaldo with reports suggesting they are preparing a mega bid for his services in the summer.

Ronaldo is regarded as the best player on the planet after a remarkable season at Old Trafford and United are thought to be considering offering the 23-year-old a new improved deal to keep him at the club.

The former Sporting Lisbon ace has never hidden his desire to one day try his luck in Spain, but Queiroz insists even a world-record transfer fee would not tempt United into selling their prized asset.

"We would not sell him for 120million euros," Queiroz told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"You can offer all the money in the world, but there is no amount that can buy him
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:45:17 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #999 on: April 16, 2008, 03:03:57 AM »
emblema=symbol

Elano

« Reply #1000 on: April 16, 2008, 03:06:12 AM »
Villa: I'd sign for the Gunners
DAVID VILLA is ready to snub Chelsea and move to Arsenal.

The £20million-rated Valencia striker, 26, shot to the top of Avram Grant’s summer hitlist after netting 63 goals over the last three seasons.

Chelsea chief Grant is thought to have made contact over a move.

But Villa insists he would rather be a Gunner.

Villa said: “I watch the Premier League a lot and the team I’m most attracted to is definitely Arsenal.

“Their brilliant one and two-touch football and the whole style of rapid counter-attack which dominates the top level of the Premier League now is the one which suits my game best of all.

“I think I’m made to succeed in England but of course it’s one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it.

“The Valencia president always told me he wouldn’t sell me until summer 2008. If an offer comes in I’m hungry to test myself in England.”

If Villa cannot agree a deal with Arsenal, his next option would be to join fellow Spain international Fernando Torres at Liverpool.

He added: “It’s great playing alongside Fernando. We understand each other totally and we get on brilliantly off the park.”

Elano

« Reply #1001 on: April 16, 2008, 03:13:51 AM »
Mourinho: I was the best

JOSE MOURINHO says Roman Abramovich will never be able to replace him at Stamford Bridge.

The Special One insists he is no longer Chelsea boss because he was a victim of his own outstanding early success. Owner Red Rom is ready to call time on Avram Grant’s reign this summer if the Blues fail to capture any silverware. And Mourinho has turned up the heat by reminding the billionaire Russian that even Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger struggle to match his record in England. Guus Hiddink, Frank Rijkaard and Henk Ten Cate have all been touted as possible new managers but Mourinho does not feel anyone can measure up to him.

Looking back to the end of his three-year reign, Mourinho said: “When Chelsea dropped points to Manchester United, for months everyone had their right to speculate.
“They said Chelsea were no longer dominant. In three months, without Chelsea having lost anything, they invented 14 future managers of the club to replace me.
“I was the first manager in Premier League history to become a champion in his first season. “Perhaps I won too soon. I felt I was the victim of my own success, that the victories in championships and cups came too early.”
In a book called ‘Jose Mourinho: Born Winner’ he adds: “The percentage of wins by Arsene Wenger in his first 100 games in the English league is 50 per cent.
"And Alex Ferguson, in the same number of games, barely managed to achieve three points in half of them.
“And my Chelsea beat those numbers completely, with well over 70 league wins, two titles in a row without blinking and leaving the directors of the Premier League on the verge of a nervous breakdown?
“Does that make me a better manager than Wenger or Ferguson? “No. But it does not make me a worse manager than them.”

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1002 on: April 16, 2008, 05:05:29 AM »

The £20million-rated Valencia striker, 26, shot to the top of Avram Grant’s summer hitlist after netting 63 goals over the last three seasons.

Villa said: “I watch the Premier League a lot and the team I’m most attracted to is definitely Arsenal.

“Their brilliant one and two-touch football and the whole style of rapid counter-attack which dominates the top level of the Premier League now is the one which suits my game best of all.

“I think I’m made to succeed in England but of course it’s one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it.

“The Valencia president always told me he wouldn’t sell me until summer 2008. If an offer comes in I’m hungry to test myself in England.”

If Villa cannot agree a deal with Arsenal, his next option would be to join fellow Spain international Fernando Torres at Liverpool.

He added: “It’s great playing alongside Fernando. We understand each other totally and we get on brilliantly off the park.”

Source?

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1003 on: April 16, 2008, 07:07:03 AM »

Source?

The  :sun:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1004 on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »
emblema=symbol

well it looks like there giving up for now

"I just don't care what the whole world seems to want to say about me or speculate about my future," Ronaldo told The Sun.

"I've said it a thousand times and, by now, people should realise...I'm totally happy at United.

"Right now it is impossible to sign Cristiano Ronaldo," Mijatovic told Marca.