Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171741 times)

Elano

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1035 on: April 29, 2008, 11:49:45 PM »
Oasis' Noel Gallagher has slammed Manchester City FC owner Thaksin Shinawatra for his apparent plan to sack the club's current manager, Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Gallagher an avid City fan, said that sacking the manager, which Shinawatra is expected to do soon, would be against all the wishes of Manchester City fans.

Speaking to BBC Radio Five Live Gallagher said: "To get rid of him [Eriksson] after the best season I can remember is ridiculous. It can't be for any footballing reasons.

"For a club that's been going nowhere fast for the last 25 years, with a manager who's the best out there bar Jose Mourinho… he turned it around and gave us a bit of style and dignity and grace. He bought some great players. The fans have got pride back in the club… I just think it's beyond a joke.

"We've got a manager who's got style. If the owner thought they could come in and qualify for the Champions League straight away then he's tripping. It'd be like sacking David Moyes at Everton or Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa because they didn't qualify. It takes more than one season.

"Eriksson is a graceful and dignified man. This guy Shinawatra has come in and he seems like a bit of a nutcase. The only thing that will get him off the hook is if he's got Mourinho lined up. Apart from Mourinho Eriksson's the best thing out there.

"I'd be amazed and appalled if I met a City fan who thought getting rid of Eriksson was a good thing. They all love him up there. I'd give him a big kiss and say, 'You know what, you take them to the cleaners.'"

bez

« Reply #1036 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:08 AM »
Shouldnt be sacked. End of.

LOL at Ferdinand for England captain. This is a guy that almost got sent off in the Chelsea game. Hes not an England captain.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #1037 on: April 30, 2008, 07:08:46 AM »
Sven-Goran Eriksson has done a good job at City.. I hate it when Foreign Owners attempt to gett involved with something they dont know about or concerns them...

Elano

« Reply #1038 on: April 30, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »
Shouldnt be sacked. End of.

LOL at Ferdinand for England captain. This is a guy that almost got sent off in the Chelsea game. Hes not an England captain.

LOL ?  ::)
Between ferdinand and terry......i'm with rio  8)

bez

« Reply #1039 on: April 30, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »
But its clearly Terry all the way.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1040 on: April 30, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »
But its clearly Terry all the way.

lol ferdinand all day everyday.

as for whats going on at city, shinatwra is a muppet . They nearly got relegated last year where as this year erriksson is guiding them to there best perfornance eve in the prem league.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1041 on: April 30, 2008, 04:10:12 PM »
Why you dicuss the  team captain when your players spend  the summer with watching tv?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1042 on: April 30, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »
Why you dicuss the  team captain when your players spend  the summer with watching tv?

Oooooh.....A low blow from the German.

+1

The Maestro

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1043 on: May 01, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »
Erikkson should not be fired, he has done a great job this season. no one can expect him to be pushing for a champions league spot in his first year in charge. success takes time...

its the same with Avram Grant. the tabloids were laying into him about what a poor performance he'd put in for Chelsea, this btw was 2 weeks ago, look what he has done!? its ridiculous.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #1044 on: May 01, 2008, 04:08:13 AM »
its the same with Avram Grant. the tabloids were laying into him about what a poor performance he'd put in for Chelsea, this btw was 2 weeks ago, look what he has done!? its ridiculous.

The difference here is that Erkisson is a proven club manager, who's won alot things and handled the likes of big named players.. Where as Avram is bascailly a no1 interms of club football and has barely won anything, so it's always going to be a lot harder for him trying to gain the respect from the clubs big named players, fans and tabloids.. Personally i dont think he's done too bad a job there, but he's definatley no Chelsea manager. I'll put money on him not being there @ the start of the season.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1045 on: May 01, 2008, 04:30:02 AM »

Haha, that's a good one :D

Anyway - Eriksson should not be fired.

kemizt

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #1046 on: May 01, 2008, 05:07:40 AM »

+1

I enjoyed that. Are England still holding out on playing Scotland or has this match got the go ahead?

[img]

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1047 on: May 01, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »

+1

I enjoyed that. Are England still holding out on playing Scotland or has this match got the go ahead?

2010 maybe there saying.

preferrably i wish england never played any games.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1048 on: May 02, 2008, 05:40:48 AM »
Leeds didn't get there points back... gutted. i don't think they deserved to lose 25 points, but hey they're the rules, apparently....

Leeds United have failed in their bid to claim back the 15 points they were deducted by the Football League.

The decision by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators means Leeds will not win automatic promotion from League One, though they are in the play-offs.

An independent three-man arbitration reached its verdict behind closed doors in London, ruling the League had not acted unfairly when docking the points.

The penalty was a punishment for breaking competition insolvency rules.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1049 on: May 02, 2008, 05:44:49 AM »
also, anyone watch Fiorentina vs Rangers game?

i caught extra time, pretty intense final 30 minutes. Cousin should never have 'butted' that guy... he shoulda known he'd go down. oh well, they still went through on penalties.