Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171732 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1110 on: May 10, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »
Word on the streets is that Milan offered Matthieu £144.000 per week.  :o

no wonder he went, more money , bigger club  ;)

Yeah, may he make big money and rot on the bench that disloyal french faggot

kemizt

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1111 on: May 11, 2008, 05:33:24 AM »
Today's a big day....

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1112 on: May 11, 2008, 05:42:55 AM »
Today's a big day....

Not really, just another game.

kemizt

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1113 on: May 11, 2008, 05:49:40 AM »
Today's a big day....

Not really, just another game.

..well, you can always watch our game and the moment when we lift the trophy  8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1114 on: May 11, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »
Lol at Avram Grant wanting playoffs. There's a reason for goal difference.

Congratulations to Fulham scraping through :D

kemizt

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1115 on: May 11, 2008, 09:53:36 AM »
Lol at Avram Grant wanting playoffs. There's a reason for goal difference.

Congratulations to Fulham scraping through :D

Pzih!! @ Grant

And yeah, Fulham did something I didn't expect....Gongrats to Fulham and Hodgson...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1116 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
Wenger - 220 players want to join Arsenal

If you believe all that you read, it seems that Europe's top clubs are picking at the carcass of an unsuccessful Arsenal season hoping to gobble up the most tasty morsels.

Mathieu Flamini has gone and, they say, Alex Hleb plus even Cesc Fabregas may follow.

But it was a perception rubbished by Arsène Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday. The Arsenal manager says the players who have gone already will be the only ones to depart and he has had calls from 220 players who want to join his side.

The Club could not stop Flamini agreeing to join Milan this week. The out-of-contract French midfielder was offered an attractive deal by Arsenal but chose to go to Italy. Jens Lehmann is also going because his deal also ends in the summer. However, according to Wenger, they will be the only players using the Emirates Stadium exit this season.

"Look, [apart from Lehmann] there is one player who is free," the 58-year-old. "He has already left. For me, 98 per cent of the squad will be here next season. And the two per cent have already gone.

"The rest are all under contract. If anybody wants to buy a player he has to call me. I can give you my number if you want because maybe some ignore that I have a phone.

"What is unbelievable is I’m sitting here [at the press conference and it is] like we have killed all the players. Yet when I go to my office I have 220 calls from players who want to come in."

It has been suggested that Hleb may employ the new Webster clause and buy out his own contract.

"That is not as simple as it looks," retorted Wenger. "And you should not forget that what players can do to us we can do to them.

"The Webster clause is not easy, you can't come in next day and buy out. There is no rule that says what it is all about.

"You have to go to a tribunal and then to FIFA and if you don't agree with FIFA [you] have to go to ACAS. It takes a lot of months. And you can be banned for the whole period if it is not done in a proper way."
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=491280&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+220+players+want+to+join+Arsenal

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1117 on: May 11, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »
deserve to be champions roll on moscow !!

Fergie has confirmed we will be buying a striker, he has already ruled out owen. So at the mo it looks between huntelaar, fabiano, berbatov and Marcelo Moreno who reckons we have already offered him a deal.

Congrats to roy hodgsn for the job he did at fulham.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Intriago33

« Reply #1118 on: May 11, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »

Fergie has confirmed we will be buying a striker, he has already ruled out owen. So at the mo it looks between huntelaar, fabiano, berbatov and Marcelo Moreno who reckons we have already offered him a deal.

What about Manucho, how has he done in Greece?

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1119 on: May 11, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »

I think Manucho is playing in our pre-season games...he has scored 4 goals in 6 games or something, so he keeps doing well....

Marcelo Moreno?? Any info on that one kuruption??

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1120 on: May 11, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »

I think Manucho is playing in our pre-season games...he has scored 4 goals in 6 games or something, so he keeps doing well....

Marcelo Moreno?? Any info on that one kuruption??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3533163,00.html

The third player is Bolivian striker Moreno - currently plying his trade in Brazil with Cruzeiro.

The 20-year-old claims he has offers to move from both United and Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk.

Moreno says that he and his club are waiting for the end of the Copa Libertadores before deciding on his future.

"We know that we can dream of winning this trophy," he said.

"So when I received the proposals [from United and Shakhtar], I spoke with the directors of the club and we decided to wait until the end of the Copa Libertadores to see what we will do."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Moreno_Martins

Marcelo Moreno Martins or Marcelo Moreno, (born in Santa Cruz de la Sierra on June 18, 1987) is a Bolivian football player, currently playing for Cruzeiro.

Born in Bolivia to a Brazilian father and Bolivian mother, Marcelo Moreno has played for the Brazilian U20 national team at the youth level, but chose to play for the Bolivian senior national team as a professional.

Due to his recent success playing for Cruzeiro, he received his first call-up for a friendly match against Peru on September 12th, 2007. The 20-year-old has impressed for both club and country, and he is considered as the future of the Bolivian national team.

Moreno is also well known for his trademark goal celebration. After scoring, he gets down on one knee and acts as though he is shooting a machine gun.

According to Jornal do Brasil, he is currently being watched by several European clubs. According to Brazilian newspaper Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam have shown their interest. It has been reported that Liverpool have also been interested. He has publicly claimed himself contact from Manchester United

Vitoria 36 games 24 goals

Cruzeiro 32 games 19 goals

Bolivia 4 games 2 goals

he looks better as the vid goes on

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/9GJAuymxGBY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/9GJAuymxGBY</a>

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1121 on: May 11, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
Alright, thanks man

Invincible

« Reply #1122 on: May 11, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »

Definitely worthy champions. Moscow here we come. With chelsea having no defenders, we must be favourites.

I just want Huntelaar out of them. Dutch strikers never dissapoint in the premiership.

And Fulham, the way they have been playing recently (winning their last 3 away games) deserved to stay up. Tough on Reading after winning 4-0 but they have been playing shit, they had it coming.

Elano

« Reply #1123 on: May 14, 2008, 05:23:19 AM »
EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has put Barcelona and AC Milan on red alert by admitting he is "pleased" to hear they are interested in him.

The Togo international had a sensational season for Arsenal but failed to help the Gunners win any silverware.

Arsene Wenger has now endured three successive trophyless seasons and pressure is mounting on the Frenchman to keep his young side together.

With Mathieu Flamini quitting the Emirates for Milan and Alex Hleb set to join Inter, the Gunners could now also face losing their star striker.

Adebayor said: "For a young Togolese, a 24-year-old, to see Barcelona or Milan follow you is very flattering. It pleases me.

"For the moment, I am happy at Arsenal. One will see what will occur thereafter."

Adebayor scored 30 goals this season and was named in the PFA's Premier League Team of the Year.

And two superb performances against Milan in the Champions League quarter-finals have seen the £7million signing from Monaco catch the eye of Europe's big boys.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1124 on: May 14, 2008, 06:06:49 AM »
U hardly ever paste the links to your news....

Adebayor - Reports I want out are 'rubbish'

Following media reports this morning, Emmanuel Adebayor wanted to put the record straight by making the following statement.

"I am very happy here. Reports which suggest I have threatened to quit are rubbish. I love the club and the fans.

"We have a great set of players here with a fantastic team spirit. We have had a good season but next season we want to go one better by winning a trophy."
[ Friday, May 09, 2008]
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=491302&cpid=703&title=Adebayor+-+Reports+I+want+out+are+%27rubbish%27
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:39:20 AM by K.Dub »

kemizt