Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171705 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1215 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »

when barca say a bid has been made then i will pay some attention to it, till then the papers, websites can speculate as much as they want.

honestly,i don't care if you believe it or not.
if you think its gossip  ::)
giovani will play for tottenham or m.city

why dont you tell us something we dont already know.

The issue is your quoting shit as if its happened when it clearly it hasnt.

To be honest there aint no point posting links unless there is a direct quote from A) The player B) his agent C) The clubs involved

Sven-Goran Eriksson leaves Manchester City   02/06/2008 09:00

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6610690

Sven-Goran Eriksson and Manchester City Football Club have parted company by mutual consent, the Club announces today.

Chief Executive, Alistair Mackintosh said, “The Board of Directors and all at Manchester City would like to thank Sven for his efforts and contributions throughout the season and we wish him all the best for the future. Sven remains a friend of the Club.”

Sven Goran Eriksson added,  “I have enjoyed my time at Manchester City very much indeed and in particular, I would like to thank the fans, players and staff for their amazing support over the season. I wish the Club, and everyone associated with it, much success in the coming years.”

The Club will make no further announcement in relation to the managerial position until after a successor is appointed.

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes has been given permission to hold talks with Manchester City after Sven-Goran Eriksson parted company with the club.

The Welshman has guided Rovers into Europe twice, but recently indicated his long-term ambitions might not be satisfied at Ewood Park.

A Blackburn statement said City had made an approach to talk to Hughes.

"Mark has made it clear to the board he would like the opportunity to talk to Manchester City," it said.

"In view of this, the board have decided reluctantly to give permission subject to terms and conditions acceptable to Blackburn Rovers being agreed with Manchester City in advance."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7431155.stm

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1216 on: June 02, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »
Imo Rovers is on the same level as City except financially, so I don't know if that's a good move for Sparky

edit
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 03:42:43 PM by K.Dub »

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #1217 on: June 02, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
Imo Rovers is on the same level as City financially, so I don't know if that's a good move for Sparky

nah it isnt really.. Hughes has got a good thing at blackburn, he has no pre'standards set except maybe a european place.. and he's doing a good job progressing his current squad, i liked to see how well Santa Cruz does next season because he was one of the buys of last season!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1218 on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:16 PM »
Imo Rovers is on the same level as City financially, so I don't know if that's a good move for Sparky

nah it isnt really.. Hughes has got a good thing at blackburn, he has no pre'standards set except maybe a european place.. and he's doing a good job progressing his current squad, i liked to see how well Santa Cruz does next season because he was one of the buys of last season!

I edited my post

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1219 on: June 04, 2008, 05:54:39 AM »
Fiorentina land Montenegrin star Stevan Jovetic
Sports reports that Fiorentina have landed a major transer coup by signing Montenegrin star Steven Jovetic from Partizan Belgrade.

The teenage forward had attacted the attention of many top European clubs, with the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid said to be interested in the star.

However, Fiorentina confirmed yesterday that the 18-year-old has accepted a move to join the Viola with the fee expected to be around £6 million according to Sky Sports.

Jovetic, 18, was remarkably captain of both Partizan Belgrade and Montenegro under-21’s at the age 17, and the wonderkid earned his first full Montenegro cap also aged 17.

Viola coach Cesare Prandelli had been lining up a move for the Montenegrin wonderkid for many weeks now and has now clinched his signature after Jovetic opted for a move to Serie A.

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/IZYoltG_m2M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/IZYoltG_m2M</a>

This is a GREAT addition for Fiorentina.
And LMAO @ what he said about juve  ;D 

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1220 on: June 04, 2008, 12:06:12 PM »
^Who? :P

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1221 on: June 04, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1222 on: June 06, 2008, 07:38:44 AM »
so i guess Elano's sources were correct, however the price the "source" quoted was incorrect:

Tottenham agree Dos Santos deal

Dos Santos is renowned for his dribbling skills

Tottenham will sign forward Giovani dos Santos from Barcelona, subject to a medical and agreeing personal terms.

The Mexico international will sign a five-year deal in a move which will cost an initial £4.7m and could rise to £8.6m depending on appearances.

Barcelona have retained the right to 20% of any fee should the 19-year-old move on from Spurs in the first two years of his spell with the club.

And they will get 10% of any fee if he is sold later in his contract.

Dos Santos first joined Barcelona in 2002 and came through the youth ranks at the Nou Camp.

He broke into the first-team under former boss Frank Rijkaard last season and made 16 starts in all competitions and came on as a substitute 22 times in the campaign.

Dos Santos also scored a hat-trick in the final league game of the season as Barca beat Murcia 5-3.

The winger, who can also play up front or behind a main striker, helped Mexico to win the World under-17 championship in Peru in 2005.

He is regarded as a promising talent but appears to have been allowed to leave by the Nou Camp oufit as they also have youngsters Lionel Messi and Bojan Krkic in their ranks.

South American football reporter Tim Vickery told BBC Sport: "He is the son of Brazil international Zizinho, but he plays for Mexico - and masterminded the 3-0 win over Brazil in the final of the 2005 World Under-17 Cup.

"He is a slight figure with a terrific burst of acceleration and he has a superb left foot."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7440216.stm

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1223 on: June 06, 2008, 08:12:41 AM »
£4.7 for a talent like Giovani? And why did he choose Tottenham of all clubs?
Did Laporta and/or Guardiola freeze him out of the club?

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1224 on: June 08, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
Milan claim they have been given the go-ahead by Chelsea to open talks with Didier Drogba over a possible move to the Rossoneri.

Drogba is believed to be one of Milan's top summer transfer targets as they look to improve on a disappointing campaign last term when they missed out on qualifying for the UEFA Champions League.

The Ivory Coast international's future has been the subject of intense speculation for some time with the player admitting he is unsettled at Stamford Bridge.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani told Sky Sports News earlier this week that he had met with Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon to discuss some matters.

Galliani claims Chelsea have given them the green light to begin discussions with Drogba, but have blocked any move to bring Andrei Shevchenko back to the San Siro.

"Chelsea have authorised us to open negotiations with Drogba," Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Unfortunately, the response we feared came (for Shevchenko). Chelsea consider Andrei unsellable. This epilogue makes us very sad."

Galliani also revealed that Milan had started talks with Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o.

Eto'o could leave Barca this summer as the Catalan titans plan to rebuild their squad after a trophyless season last term.

However, Galliani claims Milan face competition from a number of English clubs to sign Cameroon international Eto'o.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #1225 on: June 08, 2008, 10:07:13 PM »
I don't believe you.
1st, there's nothing about this on spurs.co.uk
2nd, u got no link to prove you're not making this shit up
3rd, I don't believe Giovani will leave Barca, where he's the future, for Spurs, where he's not able to play CL next season
4th, £9 mill is too cheap for a talent like him.

LMAO  :D

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #1226 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:57 AM »
I could only see ETO'O at arsenal really. He wouldn' tgo to chelsea after that race row. and i don't know if Man Utd would have him.

[img]

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1227 on: June 09, 2008, 05:54:40 AM »
I don't believe you.
1st, there's nothing about this on spurs.co.uk
2nd, u got no link to prove you're not making this shit up
3rd, I don't believe Giovani will leave Barca, where he's the future, for Spurs, where he's not able to play CL next season
4th, £9 mill is too cheap for a talent like him.

LMAO  :D

What's so funny?
That signing is still unbelievable.

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1228 on: June 09, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
I could only see ETO'O at arsenal really. He wouldn' tgo to chelsea after that race row. and i don't know if Man Utd would have him.

arsenal ? he could sign with a f.c. inter or ac milan....

Elano

« Reply #1229 on: June 10, 2008, 04:26:10 AM »
According to reports in Spain, Sevilla's Brazilian winger Dani Alves has signed for Barcelona.

Dani Alves is on the verge of signing for the Blaugrana. A deal has been reached but just a few minor details need to be fixed before pen can be put to paper.
Barcelona have managed to strike a deal with Sevilla for Alves following a six hour meeting between Blaugrana and Rojiblanco directors. 
Txiki Begiristain and Marc Ingla met with Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido and both parties decided to agree on a €32 million deal which could rise to €35 million depending on how well the wing-back does at Camp Nou. 
According to Sport, everything has been cleared and all that is needed is confirmation from both clubs in order to finalise and make the transfer official.
The Spanish paper claims that an inside source has informed them that the deal will be resolved by telephone or fax within the next few hours.
The meeting between the clubs dragged on as Del Nido did not want to part company with his player for anything less than €35m with Barcelona offering less than €30m. 
However, Del Nido settled for €32m for Alves to make a €31m profit on the player he signed for $1m from Bahia in 2002. 
It is believed that Fernando Navarro will also have the possibility of moving to Sevilla as part of the Alves deal but this has not been confirmed just yet.
Alves is currently in the United States and reports in Spain suggest that the player is delighted with the move and that he cannot wait to begin his new adventure with the Blaugrana.

m.goal.com