Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171693 times)

Elano

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1230 on: June 10, 2008, 05:25:19 AM »
Andrea Dossena is delighted to become the first Italian international to play for Liverpool

The Udinese left-back will complete his move to Anfield in the coming days after undergoing a medical on Merseyside earlier this week.

Dossena's agent Federico Pastorello revealed his client's delight at signing for Liverpool.

"I understand he is the first Italian international to play for Liverpool - a great opportunity for him and he is really happy," Pastorello revealed to skysports.com.

Dossena is expected to finalise his transfer in the next 48 hours before being unveiled by The Reds next week in a deal believed to be worth around £7million.

"He had his medical on Wednesday and we are just awaiting the formalities of that but we would think everything will be signed very shortly," he continued.

"An agreement between the clubs was hard, but we all found it and everything is now ready."

The 26-year-old had a tremendous campaign with Udinese, which included his debut for Italy, and Pastorello admits Liverpool beat a number of clubs to seal his signature.

"There were many teams interested in him," he confirmed.

"He was the best left-back in Italy last year, arguably along with the boy [Juan]Vargas at Catania.

"So it was natural that there will be interest in the best left-back in Serie A, but to have the chance to work with a coach like Rafa Benitez was something he could not turn down.

"That was an important aspect of his decision and he cannot wait to get started."

(sportinglife.com)

Elano

« Reply #1231 on: June 17, 2008, 05:45:43 AM »
Alves certain of Barca move.
Brazil right-back Daniel Alves insists that his move to Barcelona is a done deal despite the fact that nothing official has been announced yet.

Reports in Spain announced that Alves was set to move to Barca in a 29.5 million euro deal 10 days ago, but as yet neither the Catalan club nor Alves' owners Sevilla have made an official statement on the transfer.

But the 25-year-old defender, who is currently with the Brazil national team for their World Cup Qualifying fixtures, is sure that he will be a member of Pep Guardiola's squad next season.

When asked by Spanish newspaper Sport if he was now a Barcelona player he answered: "Yes, yes. Thankfully I've made the right decision.

"I think that all parties have come away happy and satisfied with the deal, none more so than me.

"I'm immensely happy because for me it is a dream come true to be part of a big team and a big club.

"Getting to Barcelona in itself is a personal victory and is above and beyond everything else I've already achieved."

Alves reiterated his stance that he is moving to Nou Camp to make history and not just to make up numbers.

"My main goal is to leave my mark on the history of the club," he continued.

"I've always said I don't want to be just another footballer, I've always worked hard to leave my stamp on a club and I aim to do the same at Barca."

Team Talk / Eurosport

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1232 on: June 21, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »
No Arsenal medical for Eto'o - agent
by Laurent Picard, 21 June 2008

Samuel Eto’o’s agent has told to setantasports.com that despite the growing rumours, the Barcelona striker has not passed a medical at Emirates Stadium prior to a move to Arsenal.

The Spanish press claims that Emmanuel Adebayor has found an agreement with Barca regarding a summer transfer, while sections of the English media suggest that Cameroon international Eto'o has been in England to meet Arsenal.

Barca have made it clear Eto’o can leave the club this summer, but suggestions he has been in London to undergo a medical are wide of the mark.

“Saying Eto’o had a medical at Arsenal is totally wrong, there’s strictly nothing,” Jose Maria Mesalles told setantasports.com.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/21/Prem-Etoos-agent-exclusive-on-Arsenal-link/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/football/

Elano

« Reply #1233 on: July 08, 2008, 06:52:26 AM »
ALEX HLEB has stuck the boot into Arsene Wenger and Cesc Fabregas as he steps up his campaign to quit Arsenal.

The Gunners star says he has never agreed with boss Wenger over his role and brands Fabregas ‘selfish’.

Hleb insisted: “My view of how I should be playing didn’t coincide with the manager’s.

"I told him last season I wanted to leave and think he was quite upset about it.

“But ask him. It may turn out he’s happy to see me go.

“I don’t know where I’ll be next season but I’d prefer Barcelona.

“It is being negotiated and, hopefully, will be decided soon.”

Arsenal are demanding £18million for the Belarussian, 27, who has two years left on his contract.

The midfielder knows he will not get a warm welcome from his team-mates at pre- season training this week, especially after his pop at Fabregas.

He said: “When we get scoring opportunities, Fabregas is much more selfish than me.

“Given a chance to shoot, he always goes for it — unlike me.”

(the sun)

Elano

« Reply #1234 on: July 08, 2008, 06:57:12 AM »
Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz is close to being appointed the new Portugal manager, BBC Sport understands.

He met Portugal's Football Federation at the weekend over its offer of a £1.5m four-year deal to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Queiroz, 55, said: "Things are being dealt with by officials from the two institutions involved.

"The important thing is for the two institutions to reach agreement."

But he added: "From my part, there is not much to say, it needs to be resolved between the federation and United.

"I can say little more than you know at this time. It's out of my hands."

Queiroz has previously managed Real Madrid, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates as well as Portugal's Under-20 side.

He has had two spells with United, first coming to Old Trafford in the summer of 2002.

He then spent one year in charge of Madrid before rejoining United on a one-year rolling contract in 2004.

United are thought to be desperate to keep Queiroz, who has often spoken of his desire to succeed current manager Ferguson, but the club refused to comment on his possible departure when contacted.

The loss of Queiroz could also further unsettle winger Cristiano Ronaldo, who has a close relationship with his Portuguese compatriot.

Ronaldo's future remains uncertain as Real Madrid continue to make it known they want to sign him.

I've heard Blanc will replace queiroz....

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1235 on: July 09, 2008, 02:31:33 AM »
I just read that Güiza followed Aragones to Fenerbache  :-X

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1236 on: July 09, 2008, 04:29:19 AM »

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1237 on: July 14, 2008, 02:13:47 AM »
Ron told to see out contract

Cristiano Ronaldo has been blasted by senior Real Madrid player Fabio Cannavaro for wanting to walk out on his Manchester United contract.
The World Cup-winning captain of Italy said: “Whoever signs a contract should see it through.”
Ronaldo is just 12 months into his five-year contract but has spent the summer courting Spanish champions Real Madrid. Cannavaro’s comments are understood to reflect the general ill-feeling in the Madrid dressing room towards the Ronaldo transfer saga.
Players fear a return to the bad old days of the Galaticos and a mutiny over wages as Ronaldo swans in as top earner. At the end of last season, Real president Ramon Calderon asked senior players’ advice on new signings.
And those players are believed to be furious that their opinions have been completely ignored.

George Scott, Daily Star

I know...I'm tired about this whole shit too...but I thought this was quite worth of posting...

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1238 on: July 14, 2008, 08:07:52 AM »
Ron told to see out contract

Cristiano Ronaldo has been blasted by senior Real Madrid player Fabio Cannavaro for wanting to walk out on his Manchester United contract.
The World Cup-winning captain of Italy said: “Whoever signs a contract should see it through.”

I know...I'm tired about this whole shit too...but I thought this was quite worth of posting...
CANNAVAROS RIGHT THERE :D

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1239 on: July 14, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
ok heres a longshot for my fellow gamblers

Robbie Keane is currently 20-1 as top scorer,im not quite sure of the odds on berbatov im guessing not alot better but im pretty sure they will drop if either make their respective moves to liverpool and united...and whiles theirs doubts on drgobas,ronaldo and adebayors futures it defintly a worthwhile longshot

but then theres that pesky Torres ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1240 on: July 15, 2008, 11:20:13 AM »

Robbie Keane is currently 20-1 as top scorer,im not quite sure of the odds on berbatov im guessing not alot better but im pretty sure they will drop if either make their respective moves to liverpool and united...and whiles theirs doubts on drgobas,ronaldo and adebayors futures it defintly a worthwhile longshot

not a bad idea but i wouldnt put a huge amount on it.

If berbatov joins united there is no guarentee he will be first choice and if keane joins liverpool benitez will prob rest him for a lot in games in preperation for the league cp matches  ;)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1241 on: July 15, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »

If berbatov joins united there is no guarentee he will be first choice and if keane joins liverpool benitez will prob rest him for a lot in games in preperation for the league cp matches  ;)

muhahaha

ino but seriously this could make berbatovs career...if he does well at utd maybe he could get a move to a big club like madrid ;)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1242 on: July 15, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »

muhahaha

ino but seriously this could make berbatovs career...if he does well at utd maybe he could get a move to a big club like madrid ;)

LOL

Remember when Liverpool were considered a big club ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #1243 on: July 17, 2008, 02:43:22 AM »
I can't believe how much money liverpool will spend for keane,i've heard something like 20 million pounds to the spurs plus the contract for 5 years.....for something like 60 million pounds  ???

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #1244 on: July 17, 2008, 04:00:56 AM »
If Peter Crouch at a goal every 3.8 games is worth £11m then Robbie Keane at a goal every 2.4 games along with a far greater number of assists is clearly worth £20m in the current market. However, I'm not entirely sure that we would want to sell him for that unless Ramos is intending to operate with a lone striker next season.