Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171700 times)

Elano

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1245 on: July 17, 2008, 04:04:53 AM »
Your team can't "loose" berbatov and keane at the same time. Dos santos is a fantastic player,ok,but the spurs needs a BIG name

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1246 on: July 17, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »
Ramos wont sell both, it will be only one and lets be honest he can milk more money out of united than liverpool.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #1247 on: July 17, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »
I don't know about that. Current indications suggest that Ramos may be planning to switch to a system similar to Roma's, or even United's when they play with just one striker, whereby one nominated striker drops off of the front to make space for wide midfielders to burst into and provide a threat on goal. If that is the case they he may feel that Keane isn't really the man to play that role and therefore £20m may be attractive to him.

Berbatov could clearly play that role, hence United's interest, but the lure of the Champions League looks like it will eventually lead to him joining United or Barca provided either of them are willing to spend the money. £55m+ to find a replacement would pretty much give Ramos carte blanche to find someone who fits perfectly into his tactical thinking and leave enough money to launch another bid for Diego Capel or another wide player.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1248 on: July 19, 2008, 12:13:58 AM »
I can't believe how much money liverpool will spend for keane,i've heard something like 20 million pounds to the spurs plus the contract for 5 years.....for something like 60 million pounds  ???

I dont know how much you see of Keane, but he is a far far better player than when he was with Inter. IMO hes worth 20 mill in todays market.

The Maestro

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1249 on: July 20, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »
I can't believe how much money liverpool will spend for keane,i've heard something like 20 million pounds to the spurs plus the contract for 5 years.....for something like 60 million pounds  ???

I dont know how much you see of Keane, but he is a far far better player than when he was with Inter. IMO hes worth 20 mill in todays market.

co-sign///also the 60 mill figure your quoting would have been the total fee paid for him over his career as a player

i dont really want gareth barry....hes not worth 18million....and he's un-tested at the higher levels of the game

plus i fully expect plessius and lucas to come on this season....and Mascherano and Gerrard really need to play whenever fit

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1250 on: July 20, 2008, 04:20:21 AM »
wish the season would hurry up and start

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_EOlrkEowPs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_EOlrkEowPs</a>

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #1251 on: July 20, 2008, 11:48:09 AM »
Robinho is (almost) signed to Chelsea.....i think the deal will be official in the next few days

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1252 on: July 20, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
Robinho is (almost) signed to Chelsea.....i think the deal will be official in the next few days

real need to raise some money, so they can put in a bid which will be rejected.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1253 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »
Not sure about Robinho to be honest, seemed perfectly fitted for La Liga, may be a bit lightweight for EPL. Will be interesting to see how he does away to Wigan on a cold December night. A far cry from the Bernabeau (SP?) thats for sure....But then again true class will always shine through, look at Ronaldo.

The Maestro

Elano

« Reply #1254 on: July 23, 2008, 03:26:09 AM »
Will be interesting to see how he does away to Wigan on a cold December night.
;D

Elano

« Reply #1255 on: July 23, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
City boss Hughes set to bid £15m for Spurs and Arsenal target Santa Cruz

Mark Hughes is poised to raid former club Blackburn with a £15million bid for Roque Santa Cruz - and dampen the hopes of North London's big two.

Tottenham and Arsenal  are reported to be interested in the Paraguayan who netted 19 goals last season but Manchester City  boss Hughes is suffering from a lack of fire power after Benjani  tore a thigh muscle while training and will sit out the start of the season.

To make matters worse, £19m record signing Jo will be unavailable after being called up to Brazil’s Olympic squad.

That leaves Hughes with Darius Vassell, Italian duo Rolando Bianchi and Bernardo Corradi, Ched Evans, 19, and Daniel Sturridge, 18 and The Sun reports that the City chief will look to tempt Blackburn with a big cash offer for the 26-year-old.

If he fails, he will look to Real Zaragoza’s £7m-rated Argentinian Diego Milito.

(daily mail)

Elano

« Reply #1256 on: July 24, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »
Sulley Muntari tomorrow will be in milan to sign with F.c. inter

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1257 on: July 24, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »

strange buy , the guy is a ok/good player but nothing more.

Guess they are giving up on lampard for now.

Elano

« Reply #1258 on: July 25, 2008, 05:16:49 AM »

strange buy , the guy is a ok/good player but nothing more.

Guess they are giving up on lampard for now.

the cost is about 16 millions euros

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1259 on: July 26, 2008, 04:20:03 AM »
robbie keane should be signed by the time we play rangers next week

also heard we may give up on barry and put in 16-17mill for silva which id prefer to be honest