Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171687 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1305 on: August 06, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »
i really dont want to sign barry...we have mascherano alonso & gerrard...alonso has actually looked really sharp in pre season scdayorted a very good goal to

plus leiva and plessius are both ones for the future

ngog scored his 2nd in 2games as well....he hit 1in 16 @ psg...going to very interesting to see how he progreses

also pacheo will be a barcelona/mardid target in 3 years mark my words
I agree 100% we've already got so much depth in CM, we should be targeting a winger may'be Downing as I don't see us getting Silva

hopefully ngog can keep his pre-season form going into the reg. season could be a nice steal at 1.5m

and I also hope we keep benayoun, hes a solid player to have come off the bench and fill in if there are injuries

can't wait till the season starts!

IMO Liverpool have too many solid players and not enough world class, title winning players. Barry would come into that category as well.

Oh and.....

LETS ALL LAUGH AT RANGERS HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1306 on: August 06, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »
Elano all those threads you made about Ronaldo leaving this summer and now this  ;)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3942509,00.html

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he will remain at Manchester United for another season.

In the longest running transfer saga of the summer, the Red Devils winger had fluctuated between his desire to remain at Old Trafford and fulfilling his dream of playing for Real Madird.

United had always insisted that the Portugal international was not for sale, but Real have a history of getting what they want.

However, the 23-year-old appears to have brought an end to the endless speculation surrounding his future by stating his intentions to remain in England for the 2008/09 campaign.

"I will remain with Manchester United for at least another year," Ronaldo told Portuguese newspaper Publico.

He goes on to praise United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who flew to Portugal in the aftermath of Euro 2008 to hold clear-the-air discussions with his enigmatic playmaker.

"Sir Alex Ferguson heard my arguments, I heard his and, in fact, it was settled that the best for both parties would be for me to stay," he added.

"Therefore, I can confirm that, next season, I will play for Manchester United.

"Before rumours emerge saying that I will play against my will, I want to make this clear - whoever says or writes that is lying.

"I will play for Manchester with all my heart and soul. I will fight and honour that shirt with the same commitment and dedication as always."

Ronaldo also accepted full responsibility for failing to stop the constant rumours regarding from spiralling out of control.

"I was responsible for all this controversy," he said.

"I was the one who publicly expressed my desire to go to Real Madrid. I ended up being, even involuntarily, responsible for the poor relationship between the two clubs."

While United will be pleased to here their prized asset committing himself to the club, Ronaldo went on to admit that he maintains his dream of playing for Real at some stage in the future.

He explained: "I knew Real Madrid were interested in signing me and that they had allegedly made a very high offer to Manchester United.

"My desire was, for some time, that Manchester had accepted my transfer to Madrid.

"Saying otherwise would be to trick people and my own consciousness."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #1307 on: August 07, 2008, 06:48:40 AM »
WOW.
And you are happy to have such a shitty guy in your team ?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1308 on: August 07, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »
WOW.
And you are happy to have such a shitty guy in your team ?

lol Ronaldo has acted like an idiot and it wont be forgotton by a lot of fans. Ferdinand still receives stick due to hos past actions and it will be more of the same for ronaldo.

Im happy as its a victory for the club, i never expected us to sell but Real used every trick in the book to try and force us to sell. 

As for Ronaldo, i cant see myself singing Viva Ronaldo, he will have to win people over.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1309 on: August 07, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
Hey Kuruption (and all those other Man U supporters)...

What do you think about the Solskjær Testemonial? Not the result, but the match in general, the opposing team, the Man U team and so on..

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1310 on: August 07, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »

What do you think about the Solskjær Testemonial? Not the result, but the match in general, the opposing team, the Man U team and so on..

to be honest i only saw the highlights of the testimonal but my brother went and said it was a typical friendly. I went to the peterborough game on monday and watched the juventus game last night.

They reminded me of the opening games of last season, in that with rooney and saha injured we are lacking a striker.

I really rate Tevez but he drops so deep to collect the ball there is no one in the penalty area, campbell scored a good goal against espanyol but was none exsistant against peterborough.

I think we will struggle to score in the opening games, im eagar for munacho to get a work permit but im not sure if thats going to happen. If Tevez was to get injured that would leave us without a proven striker which is pretty shocking.

On the plus side our three brazilian youngsters have impressed Raphael Da Silva and his twin Fabio (right and left back) and Rodrigo Possebon (centre midfield) look like they have a chance of making it.

Invincible

« Reply #1311 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »
Seriously I don't understand why Fergie didn't go all out looking for another striker. None of our strikers are natural goalscorers and we can't keep relying on Ronaldo seeing as he is a midfielder. We should of signed Huntelaar especially with Overhead kicks like these:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQbNneMKzsU&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BQbNneMKzsU&amp;hl=en</a>

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1312 on: August 07, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
Chelsea have bidded for Robinho

1) How do they expect to get him for £19.7 when a few weeks ago real said they valued him in teh same bracket as Ronaldo
2) Why after failing to get ronaldo and snijder now injured would they sell him

Chelsea have confirmed they have lodged a bid for Real Madrid forward Robinho.

Sky Sports News broke the news earlier on Thursday and are of the understanding a £19.7million offer has been made.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has made no secret of his desire to link-up with his Brazilian compatriot and now the Blues have upped the transfer ante.

"Further to media reports, Chelsea Football Club can confirm we have made an offer to Real Madrid today (Thursday, August 7) for the transfer of Robinho," read a statement on the club's official website.

Earlier this week Robinho refused to rule out a move to Stamford Bridge, while Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has openly declared the club's interest in the player.

Real Madrid have repeatedly expressed a desire to keep the South American in the Spanish capital but the recent signing of Rafael van der Vaart does give them amble cover in Robinho's position, even when taking into account Wesley Sneijder's injury troubles.

Robinho was thought to be unsettled by talk he could be used as a makeweight in Madrid's bid to land Cristiano Ronaldo, a deal which has now been shelved.

Chelsea earlier this month conceded their bid to sign Robinho would be their last of the summer should it prove successful

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3946581,00.html

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1313 on: August 07, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »

to be honest i only saw the highlights of the testimonal but my brother went and said it was a typical friendly. I went to the peterborough game on monday and watched the juventus game last night.

Imo, it wasn't no real testemonial, more like a joke, an ordinary friendly - and imo it kinda disrespected Solskjær. Against Espanyol? Lol.
A real testemonial contains selected players and a selected opponent.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1314 on: August 07, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »

Imo, it wasn't no real testemonial, more like a joke, an ordinary friendly - and imo it kinda disrespected Solskjær. Against Espanyol? Lol.
A real testemonial contains selected players and a selected opponent.

yeah i know what your saying as in special guests, past players etc but there was an interview with solskjaer a few days before and he kept on stressing how important this game was in the build up to the new season.

He didnt want the game to be light hearted but as close to a pre season match as you can get.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #1315 on: August 07, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

No huns in Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Police will be happy, no more city's being infested with the scum :baseballbat: ...for another year at least!

IN WALTER WE TRUST  :banana: :cow: :banana_rock: :banana_dss: :banana_dsf: :cow: :cow: :monkey: :banana: :monkey_dance2: :banana_llama: :banana: :cow: :cow: :banana_llama:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1316 on: August 08, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »
The whole Ronaldo saga pretty much summed up why you shouldnt believe 90% of the stuff in the newspapers

You only have to look at the number of newspapers (including The Guardian and The Sun, to name but two) boasting Cristiano Ronaldo's announcement - actually made to Bruno Prata of Portuguese newspaper Publico - as their own exclusive this morning to realise that the resolution of the saga came as a complete surprise to Fleet Street.

Having spent the past two months peddling story after story predicting Ronaldo's imminent departure based on the disclosures of 'close friends', 'advisors' and 'sources at Old Trafford', Ronaldo's announcement was as much an embarrassment to the nation's newspapers as it was a triumph for Manchester United (seemingly the lone voice since May in insisting that the forward wouldn't be leaving). And what must have made Fleet Street's humiliation all the more galling is that their cabal of sources apparently failed to provide any sort of warning that Ronaldo was about to give up on his dream of joining Real Madrid.

As they are so sensitive to criticism on these pages, it would be unfair to highlight the Daily Mirror's announcement, made just two editions ago, that Ronaldo 'would never return'.

'Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to come back and face Sir Alex Ferguson - in a last desperate bid to force Manchester United to sell him to Real Madrid' the newspaper assured its readers before wheeling out 'sources close to the Portugal star' to confirm: "Cristiano is not going back today, tomorrow, or any time soon. Everyone knows what he wants."

Ooops.

Meanwhile, it was as long ago as last Friday that the Mirror's back page brought the news that 'Cristiano Ronaldo will demand Sir Alex Ferguson lets him join Real Madrid when he returns next week.'

Fortunately, there's no need to single out the Mirror. We could instead stress the marvellous contribution of our good friend Antony Kastrinakis, the self-titled European Football Correspondent at The Sun, for revealing on August 1 that 'CRISTIANO RONALDO is going to personally deliver a blunt demand to Alex Ferguson next week: "Let me go to Spain."'

Well done, Antony! Be sure to send us another email soon x

And it's not as if it has merely been the tabloids that have been selling their readers a dummy of which Ronaldo himself would be proud. This weekend's edition of The Sunday Telegraph brought the revelation that 'Ronaldo is set to force his £68m move from Manchester United to Real Madrid' after the player 'told Madrid about his intentions in an attempt to appease their frustration at his lack of agitation for a move away from Old Trafford'.

One question being asked in the wake of Ronaldo's apparent u-turn is what sort of reception he will receive from the Old Trafford faithful when he makes his return to action. Perhaps the more pertinent question to ask is what sort of coverage he is likely to receive from the gentlemen of the press. Expect even the most mild of booing to receive a disproportionately high amount of exposure.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=post;topic=150780.1300;num_replies=1315

Elano

« Reply #1317 on: August 08, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »
^^^^
bad excuses  :D

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1318 on: August 09, 2008, 07:02:45 AM »
the sun's talking shit again,tryna to play up an issue between benitez and the owners over the barry sale

there trying to make it look like the owners dont think barrys worth 18 million

when in truth the club as a whole dosent think hes worth 18 million

plus the fans made it pretty clear yesterday at lazio they dont want alonso to go

and post match benitez praised him and said he was in the market for a left winger

Elano

« Reply #1319 on: August 10, 2008, 08:55:33 AM »
Tottenham Roma 5-0
GREAT game by the spurs, Bentley  :o