Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171705 times)

Invincible

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1365 on: August 17, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
same start as last year a dissapointing home draw in first match

Yes, very dissapointing. i wsn't expecting us to score 5 or 6 like last season but i was still expecting a victory. But like you said we had a poor start last season and we still won it and we still have Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Park, Nani and Anderson to come back to come back. But without Carrick for 2 to 3 weeks now unfortunately.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #1366 on: August 18, 2008, 01:48:01 AM »
also wilz no disrespect but i stopped reading when you spelt protestant with a d

Fixed it for you. Perhaps now your ignorant ass can read and learn

[img]

Elano

« Reply #1367 on: August 18, 2008, 03:53:45 AM »
I think both Ranger fans and Celtic fans are kind of pathetic.

Be real and support AZ.

www.az.nl

RETTEKETETTEKETET!

nobody cares about what you think

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1368 on: August 18, 2008, 04:08:43 AM »
two words

steve mclaren muhahajhahahaha

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1369 on: August 18, 2008, 04:27:48 AM »
yeah yeah good start with a away win against Loserkusen. Nothing's better except for a win against Schalke or bayern. Only sucks that Dede's injured for 6 months >:(
Now bring them fucking Bayern 8)

PS: Celtic>Rangers
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:44:56 AM by Inspector Dr. Ján Ïtor »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1370 on: August 18, 2008, 04:39:45 AM »

Be real and support AZ.

www.az.nl

RETTEKETETTEKETET!

lol, do you think anyone cares about what you think?

Miez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1371 on: August 18, 2008, 05:06:18 AM »
yeah yeah good start with a away win against Loserkusen. Nothing's better except for a win against Schalke or bayern. Only sucks that Dede's injured for 6 months >:(

are u serious? dortmund will get their ass kicked  ;D

Elano

« Reply #1372 on: August 18, 2008, 05:44:41 AM »

Be real and support AZ.

www.az.nl

RETTEKETETTEKETET!

lol, do you think anyone cares about what you think?

esgay,fuck off and die with smegma and yishay,stupid son of a BITCH

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #1373 on: August 18, 2008, 05:55:26 AM »
NO MORE WAR

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #1374 on: August 18, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »
also wilz no disrespect but i stopped reading when you spelt protestant with a d

you got jokes aswell

:D

i like you

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #1375 on: August 19, 2008, 01:20:25 AM »

you got jokes aswell

:D

i like you
your welcome

[img]

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1376 on: August 19, 2008, 01:40:35 AM »

Anywhere you can watch the bundesliga on line?

Oh and the yellow wall is fucking impressive, its my ambition to get to a Dortmund game sometime.

How are they looking financially these days? Was it a rumour or did they have to sell the westfalen?

The Maestro

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1377 on: August 19, 2008, 05:50:42 AM »

Anywhere you can watch the bundesliga on line?

Oh and the yellow wall is fucking impressive, its my ambition to get to a Dortmund game sometime.

How are they looking financially these days? Was it a rumour or did they have to sell the westfalen?

Financially it looks better these days-at least they tell us so. But we still  suffer from  debts. You're right, we sold the name Westfalenstadion and now it's officially called  "Signal Iduna
Park". ::) (atleast till 2016 :() Right now ppl are hopin for better dayz with our new coach.

I would also like to go to Celtic Park some day... :)

You can look here http://livetv.ru/de/ what's going on. You can watch them with Sopcast etc. Should be no problem. This  Saturday  Dortmund vs. Bayern  8)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:41:48 AM by Inspector Dr. Ján Ïtor »

smegma

« Reply #1378 on: August 19, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »

+1 for spittin' the truth

-1 for being a Celtic or Rangers fan

esgay,fuck off and die with smegma and yishay,stupid son of a BITCH

oohh, IT'S ON NOW!

Elano

« Reply #1379 on: August 19, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »
The Final Word: why Rafael Benitez is playing with matches at Liverpool

Rafael Benitez is unlikely to take any advice from José Mourinho, particularly after, with wonderful cattiness, the Inter Milan manager sought to ratchet up the pressure on his former rival this weekend by saying that Liverpool should win the Premier League, but there is one subject on which the Spaniard would be well advised to listen. As Mourinho discovered to his cost at Chelsea, those who play with matches eventually get burnt.

BenÍtez and Mourinho have much in common as brilliant strategists, but the Liverpool manager shows little sign of learning from the Portuguese’s mistakes. Just like Mourinho, who threatened to quit as Chelsea manager three times before Roman Abramovich denied him the opportunity by sacking him on the spot, BenÍtez’s appetite for confrontation seems limitless as he considered resigning after the club’s failure to sign Gareth Barry.

BenÍtez has employed similar tactics in the past, flirting openly with other clubs, and it is surely only a matter of time before Liverpool call his bluff. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum may be planning to recruit his own man if he buys the club and will certainly be aware that BenÍtez can be difficult to work with. As Luiz Felipe Scolari is showing at Stamford Bridge, alternatives are always there.

­ It has been a frequent complaint at Chelsea in the Abramovich era that they are forced to pay the tourist price – roughly double the going rate – in the transfer market, yet they happily submit to such staggering inflation when resigning their own players.

For all Frank Lampard’s undoubted talent, commitment and goal-getting ability, no other club in the world would have given a five-year contract worth £33 million to a player after his 30th birthday.

It would be easy to point the finger at Peter Kenyon, who when it comes to the negotiating table makes Peter Ridsdale look like Ebenezer Scrooge, though in reality the Lampard saga is just another illustration of the belief that when it comes to Chelsea, normal rules do not apply.

­ Industrial language is often a sign of frustration rather than inarticulacy, which may explain why Arsène Wenger came over all Gordon Ramsay when quizzed about Arsenal’s limited signings. The Frenchman’s claim that he could sign a £30 million player if he wanted may be technically true, as Arsenal’s accounts show cash reserves of £75 million, although that conveniently ignores the fact that most of the world’s leading players would be unwilling to sign for a club with such a rigid wage structure. The move to the Emirates Stadium may end up costing more than the club are prepared to admit.