Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171733 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1485 on: September 06, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
Loooool, we drawed against Iceland at home.  :-[ :-X :-\

I hate these breaks in PL - IT JUST STARTED!

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1486 on: September 10, 2008, 05:20:49 AM »
Essien out for 6 months  :o

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1487 on: September 10, 2008, 05:48:16 AM »
Essien out for 6 months  :o

I don't wish injury for any player, but this is good news for us

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1488 on: September 10, 2008, 07:00:56 AM »
noooooooooo he's in my team 4 the dubcc league :-\

Elano

« Reply #1489 on: September 10, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »
Luiz Felipe Scolari's faith in the strength of his squad will be fully tested in the coming months after Chelsea confirmed yesterday that Michael Essien requires knee surgery that could bring a premature end to his season. The Ghana midfield player suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage after landing awkwardly in a challenge during a World Cup qualifying match against Libya last Friday and is expected to be sidelined for six to 12 months.

Essien's injury is serious enough that his operation will be delayed until next week, when the swelling has subsided, leaving Scolari to count the cost of the club's summer transfer dealings.

The Chelsea manager, although happy with the quality at his disposal, has privately expressed doubts regarding the depth of his squad, which has been exposed by a spate of early-season injuries, particularly in midfield. Michael Ballack will miss the match away to Manchester City on Saturday because of an ankle injury that forced him to sit out the 1-1 draw with Tottenham Hotspur ten days ago and Frank Lampard has been playing through the pain with a thigh problem, which could lead to him being rested sooner rather than later.

Scolari announced plans to trim his squad to 25 when he took over at Stamford Bridge in July, but the departures of Claude Makelele, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Andriy Shevchenko, Claudio Pizarro, Tal Ben-Haim and Steve Sidwell have left him with only 23 players for the first few months of the season. José Bosingwa and Deco were the only significant players to join the club this summer as they missed out on Robinho, the Brazil forward, who moved from Real Madrid to City, much to Scolari's frustration.

The manager has already requested funds with which to strengthen the squad during the January transfer window and his rebuilding could be even more extensive if Essien's recovery is a slow process. Michael Owen suffered a similar injury in the 2-2 draw against Sweden at the 2006 World Cup finals and was out of action for ten months.

“Michael Essien suffered a knee injury playing for Ghana on Friday,” a Chelsea statement read. “He has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and will undergo an operation as soon as the majority of the swelling has subsided. We expect this to happen in a week's time.

“In the meantime, Michael has started rehab in the aqua therapy centre at Cobham, which will improve the condition of the knee prior to surgery. A return to full fitness is not expected for several months.”

Essien's injury is a huge blow for Chelsea because the club do not possess a like-for-like replacement, in terms of the player's energy and versatility although in general terms the club have plenty of numbers in midfield. In addition to Ballack and Lampard, Scolari can call upon Deco and Joe Cole as attacking midfield players, while John Obi Mikel and Juliano Belletti can fill the holding role.

Mikel gave Scolari some much-needed good news yesterday by declaring himself fit to face City after missing the past two matches and Didier Drogba could return for his first appearance of the season after a knee injury.

“The leg is a lot better,” Mikel, 21, said. “The past two weeks I have been working very hard and I'm very happy that I am back. I can't wait to start again. It won't be easy for me to play regularly because we have so many good midfielders. I am the youngest and I have to work even harder to get in the team.”

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #1490 on: September 10, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »
Told ya from day 1: Capello is God!

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1491 on: September 10, 2008, 02:18:09 PM »
Oh my god what a game  :o

Finland 3 - Germany 3

Win wasn't far away....nevertheless, I'm proud of our team  8)

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1492 on: September 10, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »
england won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o

Elano

« Reply #1493 on: September 10, 2008, 11:41:13 PM »
are you joking ?  :D

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #1494 on: September 11, 2008, 03:17:44 AM »

Elano

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #1496 on: September 11, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »

No.

capello is not a god  :P

Again showing how much you know about football.

Capello is one of the greatest managers of the modern era. His record speaks for itself.
NO MORE WAR

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1497 on: September 11, 2008, 10:34:55 AM »

No.

capello is not a god  :P

Again showing how much you know about football.

Capello is one of the greatest managers of the modern era. His record speaks for itself.

Yup yup

kemizt

Elano

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1499 on: September 12, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »
Big derby tomororrow!   Dortmund vs. Schalke :o

Heja BVB