Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171736 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1605 on: October 05, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
I can't believe how poorly Arsenal played yesterday - we didn't even deserve to win.  :-X
With that being said - Sunderland played like cowards. I think they played 6-3-1 formation AND that RvP goal should not been disallowed  >:(

its not up to the other team to make it easy, arseanal are so one dimensional teams will always pack the midfield.

Good win yday, starting to play some nice football.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but when playing at home, you should atleast try to play some good football

True but at the end of the day the sundeland fans are going to prefer seeing there team grind out a draw against arsenal rather than place some nice football and lose three nil.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Miez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1606 on: October 05, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »
another 3 points for LIVERPOOL  ;)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1607 on: October 05, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »
I can't believe how poorly Arsenal played yesterday - we didn't even deserve to win.  :-X
With that being said - Sunderland played like cowards. I think they played 6-3-1 formation AND that RvP goal should not been disallowed  >:(

its not up to the other team to make it easy, arseanal are so one dimensional teams will always pack the midfield.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but when playing at home, you should atleast try to play some good football

True but at the end of the day the sundeland fans are going to prefer seeing there team grind out a draw against arsenal rather than place some nice football and lose three nil.

Fuck, I hate defensive football.

kemizt

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #1608 on: October 05, 2008, 04:56:52 PM »

Fuck, I hate defensive football.

I agree with Kuruption on this one mate.

For YEARS both Celtic and Rangers whether home or away in the SPL (admittedly shite league) play against teams who are delighted to take a 0-0 at the start or the end of the game. End of story.

You have to grind out results against both attacking and defensive teams.

And then when you successfully do this that is when you are happy to sing "that's why we're champions" (admittedly a Chelsea song).

Admittedly.
NO MORE WAR

Elano

« Reply #1609 on: October 06, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »
Let's hear it for the Arsenal

Arsenal’s reliance on foreign players under Arsene Wenger has been the source of much mockery for some time, but it is not only in their adherence to ancient grammar that the club put their rivals to shame when it comes up upholding other English traditions.

The board’s determination to keep the club controlled by the families who have been its custodians for generations is such that they risked alienating Wenger by forcing out his great ally, David Dein, as well as being actively hostile to Alisher Usmanov and Stan Kroenke, at least initially. Peter Hill-Wood, the chairman, may have finally decided that Kroenke is “our sort” after all, though the American’s acceptance of a seat on the board is little more than the public affirmation of a marriage of convenience. The day when he is allowed to take control remains a long way off.

Arsenal’s determination to remain what they have always been since their foundation as Dial Square in Woolwich in 1886 – a football club run primarily in the interests of their supporters – is refreshing because it provides such an obvious counterpoint to the prevailing mood of the times.

It may have become commonplace since Roman Abramovich’s era-changing purchase of Chelsea five years ago, but the desperation of many clubs to sell up to whichever foreign billionaire happens to be passing through town is still profoundly distasteful. Newcastle United and Liverpool are the most obvious examples, but the For Sale signs are also flying high alongside the club crests on the front of stadiums at Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Portsmouth. Newcastle demonstrate the dangers of buying or selling in haste, with chastened owner Mike Ashley forced to repent in leisurewear.

Arsenal’s stance is all the more noble as they pursue it despite mounting evidence that it is damaging their self interest, certainly in terms of player recruitment and therefore trophies won, but their defiance does bring some advantages.

While many clubs wax lyrical about their own traditions in many instances it amounts to little more than hot air, whereas Arsenal have established their own unique way of doing things. Wenger has established a system based on identifying the best young talent around the world and teaching them to play in the manner of the first team, as well as fitting in with the refined old Etonian traditions that still run through the club.

Even if Arsenal fail to win a trophy for a fourth successive trophy season their way of doing things will not change, which goes someway to explaining why Wenger will never come under pressure no matter how long he goes without providing silverware. In the modern game that is something special indeed.

(times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1610 on: October 06, 2008, 01:54:42 AM »
Let's hear it for the Arsenal

Arsenal’s reliance on foreign players under Arsene Wenger has been the source of much mockery for some time, but it is not only in their adherence to ancient grammar that the club put their rivals to shame when it comes up upholding other English traditions.

The board’s determination to keep the club controlled by the families who have been its custodians for generations is such that they risked alienating Wenger by forcing out his great ally, David Dein, as well as being actively hostile to Alisher Usmanov and Stan Kroenke, at least initially. Peter Hill-Wood, the chairman, may have finally decided that Kroenke is “our sort” after all, though the American’s acceptance of a seat on the board is little more than the public affirmation of a marriage of convenience. The day when he is allowed to take control remains a long way off.

Arsenal’s determination to remain what they have always been since their foundation as Dial Square in Woolwich in 1886 – a football club run primarily in the interests of their supporters – is refreshing because it provides such an obvious counterpoint to the prevailing mood of the times.

It may have become commonplace since Roman Abramovich’s era-changing purchase of Chelsea five years ago, but the desperation of many clubs to sell up to whichever foreign billionaire happens to be passing through town is still profoundly distasteful. Newcastle United and Liverpool are the most obvious examples, but the For Sale signs are also flying high alongside the club crests on the front of stadiums at Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Portsmouth. Newcastle demonstrate the dangers of buying or selling in haste, with chastened owner Mike Ashley forced to repent in leisurewear.

Arsenal’s stance is all the more noble as they pursue it despite mounting evidence that it is damaging their self interest, certainly in terms of player recruitment and therefore trophies won, but their defiance does bring some advantages.

While many clubs wax lyrical about their own traditions in many instances it amounts to little more than hot air, whereas Arsenal have established their own unique way of doing things. Wenger has established a system based on identifying the best young talent around the world and teaching them to play in the manner of the first team, as well as fitting in with the refined old Etonian traditions that still run through the club.

Even if Arsenal fail to win a trophy for a fourth successive trophy season their way of doing things will not change, which goes someway to explaining why Wenger will never come under pressure no matter how long he goes without providing silverware. In the modern game that is something special indeed.

(times)

Lol, what a load of bs, that article doesn't say anything new..

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1611 on: October 06, 2008, 01:59:28 AM »
im just loving how my weeks have neen goin lately...

monday:diss arsenal for poor performance
wed:be quiet as arsenal slaughter some one in the cup
saturday:cycle begins anew as arsenal are poor again

have they even played any of the top 4 yet (l'pool,chelsea,utd or City ;D )

Elano

« Reply #1612 on: October 06, 2008, 03:36:20 AM »
where is antonio ?
juve 1 palermo 2  :D :D :D :D

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1613 on: October 06, 2008, 03:41:50 AM »
oh and why do arsenal fans complain about teams playing defensive it happens to all the top 4

i mean if theyd beat sunderland should roy keane be moaning about arsenal playing attacking football??

you can only determine what your own team are doing...if a teams set out defensive then concede early it throws their game plan out the window so i think if a team manages it for ninety minutes against a better side you should take your hats off to them

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1614 on: October 06, 2008, 07:22:48 AM »
oh and why do arsenal fans complain about teams playing defensive it happens to all the top 4

i mean if theyd beat sunderland should roy keane be moaning about arsenal playing attacking football??

you can only determine what your own team are doing...if a teams set out defensive then concede early it throws their game plan out the window so i think if a team manages it for ninety minutes against a better side you should take your hats off to them

You didn't read the whole thing, did you?

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1615 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:35 AM »
sorry i ignored it in my haste to stick the boot in ;D

whose your next game against?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1616 on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »

Everton the 18th.

kemizt

bez

« Reply #1617 on: October 07, 2008, 01:13:57 PM »

Everton the 18th.

you got 3 points there mate

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1618 on: October 07, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »

Everton the 18th.

Lol, I'm not that sure about it.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1619 on: October 08, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »

Everton the 18th.

Lol, I'm not that sure about it.

Everton are struggling at the moment, if they can defend properly they may have a chance of getting something.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson