Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171671 times)

Elano

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1650 on: October 22, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
JUVENTUS 2 - REAL MADRID 1

Not in our house! 8)

IN YOUR HOUSE: JUVENTUS 1 PALERMO 2

Elano

« Reply #1651 on: October 23, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »
Udinese 2 Tottenham 0  :o

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1652 on: October 23, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
^doesn't suprise me.

i feel for Ramos. he's getting a lot of flack from the fans and the media but he didn't sell 3 strikers and several other players without bringing in any real talent.

the Spurs board fucked up.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1653 on: October 23, 2008, 01:32:34 PM »
what are the odds on spurs gettin relegated :laugh:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1654 on: October 23, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #1655 on: October 23, 2008, 11:07:59 PM »
^doesn't suprise me.

i feel for Ramos. he's getting a lot of flack from the fans and the media but he didn't sell 3 strikers and several other players without bringing in any real talent.

the Spurs board fucked up.

2 points in the premier and probably out of the uefa cup as well  :-X

Elano

« Reply #1656 on: October 23, 2008, 11:11:31 PM »
Tottenham need to wise up or face becoming the next Leeds United

"The only way is up," said Darren Bent optimistically on Sunday after yet another Tottenham defeat saw 2008-09 written into the record books as Spurs' worst ever league start.

That loss to mighty Stoke - a game side but not one that should have the Lilywhites quaking in their boots, given they are newly promoted and sit 19th in the league - means in years to come, when Tottenham are on another dreadful run, images of the Titanic will be replaced with the collapse of the world banking system.

And that run means Darren Bent may yet discover up is not the only way things can go.

After the hand-wringing which came with last season’s poor start, which saw Martin Jol fired, Spurs have taken being slow starters to a whole new level.

Southampton, in 1998-99, is the only club to have stayed up with the same meagre two points after eight games Tottenham have amassed.

The 2002-03 West Ham side containing Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe and the rest were rated too good to go down, yet into the Championship they duly went.

If you do not get the results, your reputation and the strength of your squad are not worth any points.

The Championship and League One are full of teams who were once fixtures in the top flight. Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest have all fallen from those heights, and their glory days are rapidly fading into memory.

If Tottenham were to get relegated, they should be able to fight their way back out of the division. But the Championship is a funny league and it is dangerous to rely on achieving promotion from it – that West Ham side managed only fourth in the Championship in 2004, before finishing sixth and going up via the play-offs the following year.

And a slip through the Premier League trapdoor would see the vultures come in for all those Spurs players who would deem it beneath them, detrimental to their international ambitions – and whose wages could become a burden for the club as their income stream from TV cash is cut. The likes of Hull and Stoke will surely have put clauses in their players' contracts in case of relegation – would Tottenham have deemed it necessary?

Every match Spurs play becomes the one where you expect them to turn it around. Instead the outlook only looks bleaker at the final whistle.

Tonight's game, for all the good a confidence-boosting win at Udinese would do, is fundamentally irrelevant.

It is Sunday’s game at Bolton which is likely to be season-defining. With matches against Arsenal and Liverpool to follow, Spurs are at risk of being cut-adrift – and Gordon Brown will not be able to come in with a bail-out.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1657 on: October 23, 2008, 11:34:16 PM »
Believe it or not, Ramos and Scolari were tied as the least likely to get sacked first....at 33 to 1! I wish i had got in on that action.

The Maestro

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1658 on: October 24, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »
Believe it or not, Ramos and Scolari were tied as the least likely to get sacked first....at 33 to 1! I wish i had got in on that action.

:o :o

Elano

« Reply #1659 on: October 25, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »
lol @ the rooney's kiss to the united shirt  ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1660 on: October 26, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »
Great game by Barca yesterday!

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1661 on: October 26, 2008, 07:46:04 AM »
We let ourselves down yday, game should have been over by half time.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1662 on: October 26, 2008, 08:29:51 AM »
aye john terry still think chelsea can go all season unbeaten??you CUNT!!!

lol nar he looked like he was going to cry @ the end

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Elano

« Reply #1663 on: October 26, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »
GO LIVERPOOL GO!!!!

Elano

« Reply #1664 on: October 26, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
lol @ the united 15 pts  :D