Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171728 times)

kuruptDPG

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1860 on: December 06, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »
wtas up homies? i need ur help. im looking for champions league highlights with english teams for these seasons:

98/99
99/00
00/01
01/02
02/03

im a man utd fan and ive seen their games from those seasons cuz i have the season reviews to those years apart from 00/01 (which is only available on tapes and cost alot).

can sum1 show me links to these games please cuz youtube is crap, only has some, like 5 lol. english teams remember

cheers

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1861 on: December 06, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »

Dag & Red sneak a late winner to grab a point from my Bradford, still third in the league though.

Dag & Red? Are they so far up in the system? :o

League Two, nothing for you to worry about... yet

thinking about it, i don't think anyone on this board supports a (English) club who are not in the Premiership. can anyone prove me wrong?

Theres a Preston fan on here m8.

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1862 on: December 07, 2008, 08:10:50 AM »
Deserved to win yesterday but it didnt look like we were going to get a goal.

As for Ronaldo, i dont care how injured you are you dont sub yourself. It dont matter if your head has fallen off and is rolling in the opposite direction to your body. You will be subbed when your are told to come off, not when you think your injury hurts too much.

Tevez once again showed why it will be a travisity if he is allowed to leave in the summer. Berbatov links the play wonderfully well but Tevez is just immense and can be counted on no matter what the match.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:21:15 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

kuruptDPG

« Reply #1863 on: December 07, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
wtas up homies? i need ur help. im looking for champions league highlights with english teams for these seasons:

98/99
99/00
00/01
01/02
02/03

im a man utd fan and ive seen their games from those seasons cuz i have the season reviews to those years apart from 00/01 (which is only available on tapes and cost alot).

can sum1 show me links to these games please cuz youtube is crap, only has some, like 5 lol. english teams remember

cheers

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1864 on: December 07, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »

Dag & Red sneak a late winner to grab a point from my Bradford, still third in the league though.

Dag & Red? Are they so far up in the system? :o

League Two, nothing for you to worry about... yet

thinking about it, i don't think anyone on this board supports a (English) club who are not in the Premiership. can anyone prove me wrong?

Theres a Preston fan on here m8.

oh, i do apologise.

kurupt4life, you are asking a lot and unfortunately i cannot help you.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1865 on: December 07, 2008, 11:34:38 AM »
Deserved to win yesterday but it didnt look like we were going to get a goal.

As for Ronaldo, i dont care how injured you are you dont sub yourself. It dont matter if your head has fallen off and is rolling in the opposite direction to your body. You will be subbed when your are told to come off, not when you think your injury hurts too much.

Tevez once again showed why it will be a travisity if he is allowed to leave in the summer. Berbatov links the play wonderfully well but Tevez is just immense and can be counted on no matter what the match.

Ronaldo....sigh...not gonna comment on him  :P

As for Tevez...yeah, I agree with you 100 %....I will be SO MAD if he leaves....

Elano

« Reply #1866 on: December 08, 2008, 12:02:51 AM »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1867 on: December 08, 2008, 12:08:41 AM »
Oh damn, Barca is on fire while Real is slipping ;D

kemizt

Elano

It's so typical of Roy Keane to take the easy way out
« Reply #1868 on: December 08, 2008, 06:11:16 AM »

You can always tell when a sportsman has lost it, because they start talking about themselves in the third person.
Michael Vaughan did it shortly before quitting the England cricket captaincy, Ricky Hatton did it before his defeat by Floyd Mayweather, and Roy Keane did it after his last match as Sunderland manager. 'It's not about what's best for Roy Keane,' he declared, looking like Worzel Gummidge's kid brother in that ridiculous beard. But, as ever with Mr Keane, that's exactly what it was. He's always been an arrogant, selfish loner.

As an Irishman, I remember well the day he walked out on Ireland's World Cup campaign in 2002, telling the manager, Mick McCarthy, in front of the entire squad: 'You're a f***ing w***er, and you can stick your World Cup up your a**e.'
Of course, what Keane was really doing was telling the whole of Ireland to stick their World Cup up their a**e. Because without him, any remote chance Ireland had of any success halved overnight. All that mattered to him then was what was best for Roy Keane.

Similarly, when he severely damaged Manchester City's Alf-Inge Haaland's knee and snarled: 'Take that, you ****', does anyone believe Keane was really thinking of anyone else but himself? Of course not. He was just doing what was best for Roy Keane.The truth about 'Keano' is that he was a magnificent player but is also a fairly revolting human being and a useless top-flight manager.
I mean, it takes some kind of genius to spend £80million on a team that plays as badly as this Sunderland side. And some kind of egotist to spend most of the season publicly debating his own future with the kind of tortured self-analysis you'd expect from a C-grade Hollywood actor.

A genuinely tough guy would stay and fix the mess he has created, not run back to his dog. That's the mark of real leadership.
Contrast Keane's behaviour with that of the new England cricket captain, Kevin Pietersen. This, remember, is a man who has just led England to a humiliating 5-0 stuffing in the one-day series against a rampagingly good India side. So the thought of playing them again, in two Test matches, in their own backyard where even mighty Australia just came a cropper, must be about as palatable as Beth Ditto coming at you in her underwear, with lust in her eyes.
The terror attacks in Mumbai gave Pietersen and his team the perfect chance to shirk this onerous task. To run home, like Keane, and hide. Nobody would have blamed them one iota if they'd decided that risking their lives for a game of cricket just wasn't worth it. Particularly a game of cricket that they would be expected to lose badly.
But Pietersen was having none of it. I spoke to him several times during the week and he was utterly determined to get back out there and play. 'We can't let these terrorists win,' he said, simply.

His Press conference on Wednesday was quite brilliant in its honesty, courage and positivity. 'It is very important we stand shoulder to shoulder with the Indian people in a time of need,' he declared, his eyes blazing with splendid defiance.I know from other England players that he has been calling all of them regularly, hearing their views, and giving them his. There is still a chance, obviously, that some new terror-related development may prohibit these Test matches happening. But what matters is the intent. And Pietersen made his intent crystal clear. By doing so, he showed us that he's a proper leader.

Anyone can captain a sporting side when things go well. I could have led the West Indian cricket team of the Eighties blindfolded and they'd have still murdered everyone, just as Ann Widdecombe could have managed the 1970 Brazilian football wizards to World Cup victory.
Leadership skills are only truly tested when the going gets really, really tough. To be a good one, you need strength of character, a ferocious streak of loyalty, a cool head in a crisis and the ability to inspire others to follow you. And to be a great one, you need that little bit extra - arrogance when it's appropriate, humility when it's needed, supreme ability and that Churchillian doctrine of never, ever, giving up.

Roy Keane and Kevin Pietersen were both seriously tested as leaders this week. One did was what best for himself. The other did what was best for his country.

(mailonsunday.co.uk)

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #1869 on: December 08, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
^^^Yeah keane only does whats best for himself. Like the time he single handedly destroyed juventus and put Man Utd into the final of the champions league while knowing he couldn't play in the final himself. very selfish. Or the time Patrick Vieria was caught verbally abusing Gary Neville in the tunnel and Keane came down and stood up for Gary and had a go at Patrick Viera. cos thats what selfish guys to they stick up for there teammates. no wait thats what leaders do. the guy who wrote that article is a fuckin sorry excuse for a journalist. He writes this drivel to stir up public intrest in himself. The writings of a selfish journalist who is only out to service is own ego rather than the public.

[img]

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1870 on: December 08, 2008, 09:36:41 PM »
^^^Yeah keane only does whats best for himself. Like the time he single handedly destroyed juventus and put Man Utd into the final of the champions league while knowing he couldn't play in the final himself. very selfish. Or the time Patrick Vieria was caught verbally abusing Gary Neville in the tunnel and Keane came down and stood up for Gary and had a go at Patrick Viera. cos thats what selfish guys to they stick up for there teammates. no wait thats what leaders do. the guy who wrote that article is a fuckin sorry excuse for a journalist. He writes this drivel to stir up public intrest in himself. The writings of a selfish journalist who is only out to service is own ego rather than the public.

Exactly. Truest shit i've read on here in a long time.

The Maestro

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1871 on: December 08, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
Hey K.Dub wat did you think of the Arsenal "Fans" treatment of Eboue? I hate to sound like someone jumping on a bandwagon but it was a fucking dsigrace. And this is coming from someone who detests Eboue, i think he is a cheat and a shite player into the bargain but supporters should never turn on their own player like that, i genuinely felt sorry for the guy. And even though he was a liability i think Wenger should have just had a word in his ear rather than hauling him off knowing what the fans reaction would be.

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #1872 on: December 09, 2008, 04:29:50 AM »
After what Keane did at the 2002 World Cup I'll never forgive him.

A great captain, a great leader? Yes.

A big-headed bastard who always does what's best for himself? I have to say yes also.
NO MORE WAR

penenstamp

« Reply #1873 on: December 09, 2008, 07:02:40 AM »

I hate him too! :rant: :baseballbat:

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1874 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »

I hate him too! :rant: :baseballbat:

Keane is a true hero.