Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171742 times)

bez

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2055 on: February 03, 2009, 05:41:27 AM »
Im In love with Liverpool for what they have done. They have just thrown away any title chance they had.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2056 on: February 03, 2009, 06:25:07 AM »
Im In love with Liverpool for what they have done. They have just thrown away any title chance they had.

LOL u lot are hilarious...absolutely hillarious

was keane going to win us the title by mis-controlling the ball and whinging whenever subbed??...has kuyt got more this season from the right wing than keane got up front..??

fuck me everton just went 5 games unbeaten without any recognized striker

worse comes to worse we can stick stevie up front hell maybe we'll take saha off your hands :laugh:

Elano

« Reply #2057 on: February 03, 2009, 06:31:24 AM »
Who is best English goalkeeper?

Manchester City’s deal to sign Shay Given from Newcastle United would appear to be a vote of no confidence in another young English goalkeeper, this time Joe Hart. At the age of 21, Hart has immense potential, but winning a second England cap is likely to be a long way down his list of priorities now that he is second choice at City.

With Chris Kirkland and Ben Foster suffering too many injuries, Paul Robinson and Scott Carson seemingly bruised by their experiences at international level and Robert Green failing to convince successive England managers, Fabio Capello appears certain to persist with David James as his first-choice goalkeeper, even if, at the age of 38, that is largely by default.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2058 on: February 03, 2009, 06:35:36 AM »
Benitez explains Keane departure

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says he let Robbie Keane rejoin Tottenham because the striker had failed to settle in the team.

Keane signed a four-year deal at Spurs, with the fee starting at £12m and rising with add-ons, six months after he left the club for an initial £19m.

Benitez told the Reds' website: "Sometimes good players cannot settle in the team. You have to react quickly.

"It is a risk but the situation was not good and we needed to do something."

The Republic of Ireland captain joined Liverpool from Spurs in July in a deal which could have risen to £20.3m, but he failed to establish himself in the team.

Keane, 28, managed only five goals in 19 appearances for the club he supported as a boy and admitted his summer transfer "proved not to be the right move for me".

"I would like to wish Robbie the best because although things did not work out he has been working hard for us"
Rafael Benitez

Benitez said Keane's quick return to north London was best for all concerned and refuted suggestions that the player's departure meant the title hopefuls were too reliant on Spain striker Fernando Torres.

"We still have Ryan Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as well as Torres," said Benitez, whose team trail Premier League leaders Manchester United by two points.

"If it is not good for the team then it is better for everyone to make a decision, and because of the situation in the transfer market and the opportunity for the player we had to do it now.

"I have to analyse things and try to look at the bigger picture and this means thinking of the club and the team and what is best for them."

Benitez added that Tottenham had shown a great desire to re-sign Keane.

"I would like to wish Robbie the best because although things did not work out he has been working hard for us," said the Spaniard.

"He was trying to do his best and the key was that Spurs showed a lot of interest and they were pushing really hard for him.

"The player needed to play and he was not doing that as much as he would have liked with us.

"But I cannot criticise him in any way because, as I have said, he tried to do his best for us."

Former Liverpool and Republic of Ireland striker John Aldridge questioned whether Liverpool now had sufficient attacking depth to win the title.

"Look at the players they have had in the last four years. Michael Owen was sold, Robbie Fowler has been and gone, Peter Crouch and now Robbie Keane," he said.

"To sustain a challenge on Manchester United you have got to have one if not more of those players on top of what we have got at the moment.

"Dirk Kuyt can play up front, Ryan Babel at a push and then there's the lad (David) Ngog, who is nowhere near the quality needed, he's a young lad. There are certainly not enough options."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7867439.stm

bez

« Reply #2059 on: February 03, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »

was keane going to win us the title by mis-controlling the ball and whinging whenever subbed??...has kuyt got more this season from the right wing than keane got up front..??

worse comes to worse we can stick stevie up front hell maybe we'll take saha off your hands :laugh:

Keane is class though mate. Just Rafa didnt play him proper. And takes him off at around 60 mins every game. When Ive watched Keane over the years hes always dangerous in the final 20 mins, hes always likely to get you a goal. Lets be honest mate if youre going for the title you need as many 'class' players as you can. E.G, Man Utd... Chelsea... I think youve just made a major mistake.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2060 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »

Keane is class though mate. Just Rafa didnt play him proper. And takes him off at around 60 mins every game. When Ive watched Keane over the years hes always dangerous in the final 20 mins, hes always likely to get you a goal. Lets be honest mate if youre going for the title you need as many 'class' players as you can. E.G, Man Utd... Chelsea... I think youve just made a major mistake.

i aint denying hes got ability...but i just think hes got a mental block when it comes to big clubs...look at his time @ inter...i followed robbie since wolves so i know what hes capable of...even when crouch wasnt scoring he was contributing...it was very hard to make a case for keane not to be subbed/dropped because it got to the stage he was missing sitters and mis-controlling far too regularly to be trusted...shiit me an kuruption were laughin bout it a few pages back....now he was going to fire us to the prem ::)

and also if like u say he played out of position...that dosent make him cover for torres...it would be gerrards position...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #2061 on: February 03, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Another diabolically quiet window for Celtic. Hopefully we can make it 4 in a row but I'm not overly confident with the current squad.
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2062 on: February 03, 2009, 11:07:46 PM »
Another diabolically quiet window for Celtic. Hopefully we can make it 4 in a row but I'm not overly confident with the current squad.

Me neither m8. Shocking. I think every single Celtic supporter could tell you we need a left back and a goalscorer. Our scouting system is absolutely shite, im sure there is a left back somewhere on the continent interested in coming to Celtic that is better than Lee Naylor.

I think we've lost the momentum on those cunts, the 15th is gona be huge.

The Maestro

bez

« Reply #2063 on: February 04, 2009, 04:05:28 AM »

i aint denying hes got ability...but i just think hes got a mental block when it comes to big clubs...look at his time @ inter...i followed robbie since wolves so i know what hes capable of...even when crouch wasnt scoring he was contributing...it was very hard to make a case for keane not to be subbed/dropped because it got to the stage he was missing sitters and mis-controlling far too regularly to be trusted...shiit me an kuruption were laughin bout it a few pages back....now he was going to fire us to the prem ::)

and also if like u say he played out of position...that dosent make him cover for torres...it would be gerrards position...

Inter are a club like that though. They will buy plays and not use them and them sell them. They always have. For example.... Quersema. Keane was never going to be at Inter for more than a season... even if he had an awesome season there. Italians ain't big on British based players. I mean, how many British players play over there now.... Beckham? That's it?

I think youve made a mistake letting him go. Rafa didnt give him a chance really. He and Torres are similar but they could of formed a good partnership! Oh well!

bez

« Reply #2064 on: February 04, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

DAN GOSLING IS MY HERO,
HE WEARS SHIRT 32,
THEY WAS LAUGHING AT HIM,
NOW THE JOKES ON YOU!!!!!!!

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2065 on: February 08, 2009, 03:33:04 AM »
Bayern vs. Dortmund, I smell another painfull loss...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2066 on: February 08, 2009, 04:18:52 AM »
Tough game this afternoon away to west ham, spurs v arsenal before which should be good.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2067 on: February 08, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
 :grumpy:

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #2068 on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:46 AM »

your lucky were not clinical enough infront of goal dude.. cannot believe we drew 0-0 with ya's, definatley the best chance we're had to win against you in years.. i wouldnt even say we played that well. you's just looked terrible, so many miss-hit and over hitt pass's to your front men.. like a shadow of your former selves.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #2069 on: February 09, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »

your lucky were not clinical enough infront of goal dude.. cannot believe we drew 0-0 with ya's, definatley the best chance we're had to win against you in years.. i wouldnt even say we played that well. you's just looked terrible, so many miss-hit and over hitt pass's to your front men.. like a shadow of your former selves.

Gotta say that pavlyuchenko could have been the difference, can't believe he didn't score in that game (didn't watch the whole game though..)