Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171687 times)

bez

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2205 on: March 15, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »
Dos Santos has gone on loan to ipswich

Barca>Spurs>Ipswich

The next Ronaldinho...

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2206 on: March 19, 2009, 04:54:39 AM »
McCall threatens to quit Bradford

McCall has been in charge at Valley Parade since May 2007

Stuart McCall says he will quit his post as Bradford manager if they fail to reach the League Two play-offs.

The City boss made his outburst after a fifth consecutive away defeat, 4-1 at Bournemouth, that leaves the Bantams outside the play-off places.

He told BBC Radio Leeds: "If we are not in the play-offs at the end of the season, I will not be here.

"Nobody is hurting more than me but it's as simple as that, if we miss out I don't deserve to be here."

McCall, who only agreed a new two-year deal at Valley Parade last month, accused his side of "criminal" defending at Dean Court and admitted he was a worried man as the Bantams' promotion challenge threatens to come off the rails.

"It's my team that's out there - I tried to build it and we've had three really poor results," said McCall, whose side have eight games left to play.

"I'll look at my own position come the end of these eight games and if we're not in the play-offs then I won't be here.

"It's as simple as that because I can't go through that again - you say people are hurting but there's nobody hurting more than me so it's doing me no good."

City remained eighth in the League Two table after the defeat, below seventh-placed Shrewsbury on goal difference and five points adrift of an automatic promotion spot.

And McCall has demanded that his players bounce back against Port Vale on Saturday.

"We play Vale at home and then go to Chester, they are both must-win games," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bradford_city/7949639.stm

we really need to step our game up. we've had some really bad results over the last coupla weeks. i'll be devastated if we don't get a chance in the playoffs and lose McCall...

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2207 on: March 20, 2009, 02:25:49 AM »
I didnt know that hun cunt Mccall was the manager down there? Wanker of the highest order...

Whats your thought on him es jay? Bring back Jim Jeffries perhaps?

The Maestro

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2208 on: March 20, 2009, 04:14:48 AM »
Champions League Quater Final Draw:

Villarreal v Arsenal
Manchester United v FC Porto
Liverpool v Chelsea  suprise, suprise
Barcelona v Bayern Munich

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2209 on: March 20, 2009, 04:15:56 AM »
Champions League Semi Final Draw:

Manchester United/FC Porto v Villarreal/Arsenal
Barcelona/Bayern Munich v Liverpool/Chelsea

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2210 on: March 20, 2009, 04:22:38 AM »
I didnt know that hun cunt Mccall was the manager down there? Wanker of the highest order...

Whats your thought on him es jay? Bring back Jim Jeffries perhaps?

great player who has turned into a great manager. he has always wanted to manage Bradford, and hes done terrific so far. 10th last season, pushing for promotion this season. i'd be very sad to see him leave.

bez

« Reply #2211 on: March 20, 2009, 06:18:12 AM »
im bored of Liverpool Chelsea every season. How about a new rule were teams cant play each other for a 3rd successive time or something in certain rounds. Shit is boring.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2212 on: March 20, 2009, 06:29:42 AM »
im bored of Liverpool Chelsea every season. How about a new rule were teams cant play each other for a 3rd successive time or something in certain rounds. Shit is boring.

i know...like im now bound to see a million replays of Riises o.g thar put us out last time :-\

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2213 on: March 21, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »
thers only one danny murphy!!!!

c'mon fulham!!!!!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2214 on: March 21, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
2-0 get in!!!!...chelsea losing as well...i swear we better fucking beat villa 2moro!!!...u feelin the pressure yet united fans??

Invincible

« Reply #2215 on: March 21, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »
2-0 get in!!!!...chelsea losing as well...i swear we better fucking beat villa 2moro!!!...u feelin the pressure yet united fans??

Yes I am a bit now. Villa really need a win too tomorrow so I hope they play out their skin and get a victory. Unlikely though. A draw would be very nice.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2216 on: March 21, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »

Yes I am a bit now. Villa really need a win too tomorrow so I hope they play out their skin and get a victory. Unlikely though. A draw would be very nice.

think theyve been one of the teams looking pretty jaded in recent weeks...rafas rotation could win us the double ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2217 on: March 21, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
Wooo, Man U lost, Chelsea lost, we won, and Liverpool and Villa ties tomorrow and it's on :D

kemizt

Elano

« Reply #2218 on: March 22, 2009, 05:23:12 AM »
Fulham 2 Manchester United 0   :o

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2219 on: March 22, 2009, 07:28:33 AM »
Scholes messed that up for us.

Geting sent off for hand ball which also gave them a penalty in only the 18th min he should have just let it in.

Cant see villa getting anything today.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson