Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171739 times)

bez

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2415 on: May 06, 2009, 05:32:35 AM »
they haven't won anything since 1955.

Now that's just a lie.

Newcastle have a big stadium and a big support base, thats it.

I really fail to see your logic on this one.

"Football is nothing without fans."

lets see how many of them 'fans' turn up to watch Championship football. Not 50 000 plus I will tell you that.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #2416 on: May 06, 2009, 07:59:41 AM »
^^ Like I said, the Geordies barely got 17,000 a week in the 2nd division last time they were there. So basically 2 out of every 3 Newcastle fans are glory hunters.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2417 on: May 06, 2009, 08:01:37 AM »
^^ Like I said, the Geordies barely got 17,000 a week in the 2nd division last time they were there. So basically 2 out of every 3 Newcastle fans are glory hunters.

not particularly bright ones either muhahaha

and to think my mate was saying before the game my bet on a 5-0 result wouldnt come off,.....granted it didnt but shoul;d have done hit the bar 3 times lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2418 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Bendtner thrown out of a nightclub hours after losing in the champions league...................what a muppet

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2414710.ece

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2419 on: May 06, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
Corinthians' title celebrations go wrong as the trophy catches fire

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8036137.stm

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2420 on: May 06, 2009, 01:55:45 PM »
Bendtner thrown out of a nightclub hours after losing in the champions league...................what a muppet

Bendtner will forever be my favourite arsenal player...absolute legend lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2421 on: May 06, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »

is that partly due to that clearence off the line from fabregas shot in the CL last year ?

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2422 on: May 06, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »

is that partly due to that clearence off the line from fabregas shot in the CL last year ?

one of many magical moments...i dont actually know many arsenal fans that rate him 

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2423 on: May 06, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »
^^^^^

I think Wenger is the only one. The boy is absolutely pish, his level is mid table and that is where he should be playing, not the champions league semi final.

Oh and a big GIRFUY to Chelsea. A bigger shower of cunts in one team you wont find.

The Maestro

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2424 on: May 07, 2009, 06:31:10 AM »
^^^^^

I think Wenger is the only one. The boy is absolutely pish, his level is mid table and that is where he should be playing, not the champions league semi final.

Oh and a big GIRFUY to Chelsea. A bigger shower of cunts in one team you wont find.

exactly

[img]

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2425 on: May 07, 2009, 06:35:58 AM »
Steven Gerrard has praised Rafa Benitez's man-management, claiming it is a pleasure to play in the current Liverpool team. 
The skipper believes his Spanish boss has taken the Reds to new heights this term by creating a true team ethic down at Melwood and Anfield.

Gerrard told LFC Magazine: "It is an absolute pleasure to play in this Liverpool team - I really mean that.

"We've got world-class players, we've turned in some fantastic displays of attacking football and some really, really solid defensive performances.

"There are no stars in this team, or no one with any airs or graces. We're one unit, we work hard for each other and we all pull in the same direction.

"We've got absolutely everything you need to be successful at the very highest level.

"We've got players making an impact from the start and boys coming off the bench and affecting the game. I've got to pay tribute to the manager because it's difficult for him picking only 11 players for the starting line-up.

"Keeping the lads on the bench and those who have missed out on the squad in the frame of mind to make a significant contribution is a difficult task, but Rafa's been able to do that this season.

"That's not an easy balancing act but he manages it brilliantly. He and his coaches keep everyone hungry and ready when they've been needed. As a player now you can't be selfish. Certainly, you can't be selfish at Liverpool.

"It's a squad game, and if you're not in the starting line-up you can't be thinking, 'I'm giving in'."

Gerrard added: "They've instilled this winning mentality in us. It's simple really - it's been drummed into us since the boss came to the club.

"No matter how the game's going, no matter what the scoreline is, or no matter how you might be playing personally, you keep doing the right things all the time and keep going until the end."

Liverpool finished 11 points behind United last term but, with just three games to go this time around, that gap has been reduced to just three.

Despite the improvement, Gerrard has identified areas to be addressed - including slashing this season's haul of seven home draws.

"If we are to go on to win the league this season there are a few lessons we can learn to take into the next year," he added.

"If we don't, there will still be things we can improve to make sure we are a better team next season. We have to use this one to our benefit, no matter what happens in the future.

"For example, there have been too many draws at Anfield for our liking.

"We are a great side away from home. We're strong, can be physical, don't lose too many goals and are dangerous opponents for anyone. It's difficult sometimes when you come up against these teams who arrive at Anfield with virtually every player behind the ball.

"No one comes to play attacking football because they respect what we can do and know they're going to be picked off and destroyed.

"We need to be more ruthless at home. It would certainly have helped us out this season. There are points there that, if we had taken them, we would be top with three games to go.

"But we'll keep going until the end. We won't surrender when we're so close. Winning the title with this club would mean the world to me."

Gerrard admits to feelings of 'anger' in previous campaigns when Liverpool have been out of the race by Christmas. Such memories have acted as extra motivation this time around.

"I'm not going to lie," the Huyton-born midfielder added. "Being out of the title race in January and being 30 points behind the leaders is frustrating for me.

"If being in that position doesn't frustrate you, then you're not the player for me. There's something wrong with you. But I think that anger and those feelings have helped me, certainly, and the others to get much closer to it this season.

"We have to be proud of our achievements this season, whatever happens.

"If United close it out then we're going to have a right good go over the next three, four or five years and I believe we're too good not to win it.

"I honestly believe in my heart of hearts that this team will win the Premier League trophy. I believe I'll get my hands on it."

Raphael

« Reply #2426 on: May 09, 2009, 07:06:26 AM »
AZ´s Van Gaal to take over at Bayern
May 9, 2009

Louis Van Gaal, the coach of newly crowned Dutch champions AZ Alkmaar, is set to take over at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, according to reports on Saturday.

According to Algemeen Dagblad newspaper Van Gaal has already agreed terms with the German champions to take over as of next season and will make an official announcement in the coming days.

The report added that Andries Jonker, the current technical director of Dutch side Willem II Tilburg and who was Van Gaal’s assistant at Spanish giants Barcelona from 1997 to 2000, will join Van Gaal at Bayern.

AZ president Dirk Scheringa declared last Monday the club would not allow Van Gaal to leave the club.

“Louis is under contract until 2010,” Scheringa told the website of Dutch magazine sportweek.nl.

“I’m not worried about anything as Van Gaal is a man of principle who always respects his contracts. And we’ve not been contacted by Bayern.”

Bayern’s general manager Uli Hoeness had claimed Van Gaal was close to agreeing to a deal that would see him replace Jurgen Klinsmann, who sacked two weeks ago after a string of mediocre performances.

Saturday’s report said representatives of both clubs are set to thrash out a compensation package that would allow Van Gaal to join Bayern, where he could be joined by AZ captain and midfielder Stijn Schaars.

AZ recently failed in their bid to have Schaars, a 25-year-old Dutch international, sign an extra year’s extension on to his contract, which expires in a year.

Dutchmen Dick Advocaat and Co Adriaanse are being tipped to succeed Van Gaal at AZ.

http://www.soccernews.com/az%C2%B4s-van-gaal-to-take-over-at-bayern-report/18870/

Elano

« Reply #2427 on: May 11, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »
AZ´s Van Gaal to take over at Bayern
May 9, 2009

Louis Van Gaal, the coach of newly crowned Dutch champions AZ Alkmaar, is set to take over at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, according to reports on Saturday.

According to Algemeen Dagblad newspaper Van Gaal has already agreed terms with the German champions to take over as of next season and will make an official announcement in the coming days.

The report added that Andries Jonker, the current technical director of Dutch side Willem II Tilburg and who was Van Gaal’s assistant at Spanish giants Barcelona from 1997 to 2000, will join Van Gaal at Bayern.

AZ president Dirk Scheringa declared last Monday the club would not allow Van Gaal to leave the club.

“Louis is under contract until 2010,” Scheringa told the website of Dutch magazine sportweek.nl.

“I’m not worried about anything as Van Gaal is a man of principle who always respects his contracts. And we’ve not been contacted by Bayern.”

Bayern’s general manager Uli Hoeness had claimed Van Gaal was close to agreeing to a deal that would see him replace Jurgen Klinsmann, who sacked two weeks ago after a string of mediocre performances.

Saturday’s report said representatives of both clubs are set to thrash out a compensation package that would allow Van Gaal to join Bayern, where he could be joined by AZ captain and midfielder Stijn Schaars.

AZ recently failed in their bid to have Schaars, a 25-year-old Dutch international, sign an extra year’s extension on to his contract, which expires in a year.

Dutchmen Dick Advocaat and Co Adriaanse are being tipped to succeed Van Gaal at AZ.

http://www.soccernews.com/az%C2%B4s-van-gaal-to-take-over-at-bayern-report/18870/

NOBODY CARES ABOUT SHITTY AZ

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2428 on: May 11, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
7 victories in a row. Nice!  8) Maybe we'll be back in international competition next year. At the mo we're only 3 points away from Champions League qualification, but we have to go against Wolfsburg 2morrow wo have won 14 of 15 home games :(

Real tight race this year, 3 games left and only 5 points difference between 1-6. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:25:28 AM by Dr. Ján Ïtor »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2429 on: May 11, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »
City are shit and thats a fact.