Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171715 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2490 on: June 04, 2009, 03:39:50 PM »

was that after your 4-0 defeat to our RESERVES??...

Portugoal

« Reply #2491 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »

Elano

« Reply #2492 on: June 04, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
Given his close relationship with Kaká, Ancelotti had already accepted the futility of Chelsea's interest before signing his three-year contract as manager on Monday, saying the day before that there was one player he would like to bring with him from the San Siro but that it was an impossibility, and he has already turned his sights to Ribéry.

The Bayern Munich winger is also wanted by Real, but Ancelotti is hoping that Abramovich's pride will not allow him to be beaten to the signature of two players by the Spaniards. Bayern are publicly insisting that Ribéry is not for sale, but have privately conceded that they would accept a fee of £40 million. Chelsea are willing to pay an outlandish transfer fee this summer, but Abramovich may be reluctant to sanction such a level of spending for a player he could have had for less than half that sum two years ago.

“We will not let Ribéry go,” Uli Hoeness, the Bayern general manager, said yesterday. “Most clubs only ended their season recently and when the players go on holiday, the bosses start with their planning.

“There will be inquiries for Ribéry in the next four to six weeks, I'm sure. But we have not had any decisive inquiry. We will be polite, but we will not negotiate. We're not going to celebrate on the telephone when somebody offers a certain amount.”

In addition to a fantasy player such as Ribéry, Ancelotti is also looking for a striker to provide back-up for Didier Drogba, who will miss at least a month of next season at the African Cup of Nations. Chelsea have opened talks with representatives of Daniel Sturridge, the 19-year-old striker who is a free agent after refusing an offer of a new contract from Manchester City. Sturridge demanded wages of £65,000 a week at City, which the club were unwilling to match for a player who has made only five Barclays Premier League starts.

Chelsea suffered another setback yesterday when Ricardo Carvalho revealed his desire to leave the club after what he described as the worst year of his career. The Portugal defender made 12 appearances last season after a series of hamstring injuries.

“I'm open to offers if someone wants to make one, but an agreement has to be struck with Chelsea,” the 31-year-old said. “Clubs can be interested, but that doesn't mean they will be able to sign me. First, they have to reach an agreement with the club and then talk to me, but I am available for whoever wants me the most.

"It has been the worst year of my life, with injury after injury. I want to be where I feel good. It's obvious that it's hard now to respond to these questions because I had four fantastic years at Chelsea and this last year hasn't been good at all.”

Ancelotti is likely to have to begin work at Chelsea without his trusted No 2, Filippo Galli. The 46-year-old has been offered a pay rise to stay at Milan and is expected to accept it and continue working under the club's new coach, Leonardo. Ancelotti is still exploring the possibility of bringing Bruno Di Michele, a sports psychologist, to Chelsea.

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2493 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:22 AM »
OFFICIAL: Frank Rijkaard Is New Galatasaray Coach

Former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard has been named as the new manager of Galatasaray.

Rijkaard has penned a two-year deal at the Ali Sem Yen Stadium in a bid to restore Galatasaray to a more appropriate league position.

2008-09 was a massively disappointing campaign for the Cimbom, who only managed to finish fifth in a season that saw both Michael Skibbe and later Bulent Korkmaz employed as coach.

Rijkaard, who has not coached since resigning as Barcelona manager in 2008, brings with him both club and international experience, having bossed the Netherlands to a final-four finish at Euro 2000.

The 46-year-old is due to arrive at Ataturk International Airport at 16:30 CET today, and is expected to pen his deal at 19:00 CET.

Steve Michaels, Goal.com

8) 8) :o ;D

Portugoal

« Reply #2494 on: June 05, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »
Frank Rijkaard should have been the new head coach of AZ instead of Ronald Koeman :(

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2495 on: June 07, 2009, 06:15:04 AM »
United and real according to sky sports have bidded 16 mil for Valencia.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #2496 on: June 08, 2009, 08:17:16 AM »
Yogi  8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #2497 on: June 08, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »
Yogi  8)

Good appointment, hopefully for you he will make Hibs entertaining to watch again.

Paul

« Reply #2498 on: June 08, 2009, 01:36:26 PM »
Yogi  8)

Good appointment, hopefully for you he will make Hibs entertaining to watch again.

Hope so, he had Falkirk playin some good stuff on a tight budget. They just couldnt put the ball in the net. Can see Riordan gettin 20+ next season if passing football returns to Easter Road
funkyfreshintheflesh

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2499 on: June 08, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »
Yogi  8)

Hope so, he had Falkirk playin some good stuff on a tight budget. They just couldnt put the ball in the net. Can see Riordan gettin 20+ next season if passing football returns to Easter Road

Aye, great appointment. No shit, i would rather have Yogi at CP than Levien or Mcghee.

The Maestro

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2500 on: June 09, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »
i know some one in here has FM2009??

what the fuck??i bought it today and it fucks up on my third friendly everytime...tell me theres a quikc fix for this shit somebody please lol

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #2501 on: June 09, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »

what the fuck??i bought it today and it fucks up on my third friendly everytime...tell me theres a quikc fix for this shit somebody please lol

I think you should check FM forums for help...

..I don't know the reason for your problem...but I know that for some people the game crashes when they have serie c from italian league selected as playable...

...also check for the most recent patch, maybe it could help...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2502 on: June 09, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

Have you downloaded the last patch?

kemizt

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2503 on: June 10, 2009, 01:38:28 AM »
patch??...explain like i had down syndrome...im not really computer literate lol...where can i find this patch??...on the FM forum?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2504 on: June 10, 2009, 02:39:48 AM »
patch??...explain like i had down syndrome...im not really computer literate lol...where can i find this patch??...on the FM forum?

On the steam startup.

kemizt