Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171733 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2865 on: October 25, 2009, 09:09:27 AM »
YEAH BUT HOPEFULLY THE MEDIA WILL STOP TRYING TO GET RAFA THE SACK FOR AT LEAST A WEEK NOW  :laugh:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2866 on: October 25, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
Liverpool deserved there win today, on another day we may have had a penalty and carragher should have had a red but that doesnt detract from the fact we were poor.

It was pretty obvious liverpool would play 5 in midfield so you either match them or you play two mobile/pacey centre mids to counter act been a player down. But instead we played carrick and scholes who are good on the ball but dont have the quickest feet or the pace to get away from players. So all we ended doing was wasting possesion the whole match.

As for Vidic, every match this season he has been caught out with players turning him and it was only a matter of time till he was sent off.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2867 on: October 25, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »
liverpool 2 - man u/marriner/the engish media 0

i believe the approiate phrase at times like this is....

HAHAHAHA GET THE FUCK IN....HAVE SOME OF THAT YOU MANC BASTARDS

POOOOOOR OLD UTD IF ONLY THEY WERENT A 1 MAN TEAM NW RONALDOS LEFT ;D :laugh:

You don't think that last comment is a bit rich coming from a Liverpool fan? When you are missing Torres you are barely top four standard, when you are missing Torres & Gerrard you are just about top ten.

Just remember you done the double over Utd last year and still ended up with fuck all....

The Maestro

Invincible

« Reply #2868 on: October 25, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »
Liverpool deserved there win today, on another day we may have had a penalty and carragher should have had a red but that doesnt detract from the fact we were poor.

It was pretty obvious liverpool would play 5 in midfield so you either match them or you play two mobile/pacey centre mids to counter act been a player down. But instead we played carrick and scholes who are good on the ball but dont have the quickest feet or the pace to get away from players. So all we ended doing was wasting possesion the whole match.

As for Vidic, every match this season he has been caught out with players turning him and it was only a matter of time till he was sent off.

It just goes to show that we need either Hargreaves or Fletcher playing all the time in the centre of midfield. Neither Scholes or Carrick can do the job they do.

Its better for the players to be off form at this time of season than in the later parts. United always raise their game for the 2nd haf of the season so I'm not to worried at the moment. Playing poorly but still in 2nd place in the league and have a 100% record in the Champions League. I would of taken that at this time of the season if you had of told me that in August.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:32:47 PM by Invincible »

Elano

« Reply #2869 on: October 26, 2009, 01:51:56 AM »
LMAO @ arsenal  :D
I'm happy for the liverpool  8)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2870 on: October 26, 2009, 02:04:30 AM »

You don't think that last comment is a bit rich coming from a Liverpool fan? When you are missing Torres you are barely top four standard, when you are missing Torres & Gerrard you are just about top ten.

Just remember you done the double over Utd last year and still ended up with fuck all....

you dont think it was a tongue-in-cheek pop at those who claim were a two-man team....who seem to think benayoun kuyt didnt get around 15 a piece last season ::)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2871 on: October 26, 2009, 04:46:45 AM »
There's a reason why Arsenal does not compete for the two top spots, and yesterday's 2nd half sums it up quite good horrible.

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2872 on: October 26, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »
Atleast Spurs lost their game  ;)

kemizt

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #2873 on: October 26, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
Propably not that interesting, but I say it anyways  :P

Daniel O'Shaughnessy, born 1994, joined Manchester United's academy...the thing is that he comes from the finnish team, HJK, so that's cool....let's hope he has a future in United....

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2874 on: October 27, 2009, 03:15:23 AM »

you dont think it was a tongue-in-cheek pop at those who claim were a two-man team....who seem to think benayoun kuyt didnt get around 15 a piece last season ::)

Aah sorry mate, thought you were bein serious. My bad.

Doesn't detract from my original post though, i genuinely think Liverpool ARE a 2 man team. Well 3 if you include Reina. I would be interested to see how many points Liverpool have dropped when Torres hasn't been playing since he joined the pool.

The Maestro

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2875 on: October 27, 2009, 04:55:03 AM »

Doesn't detract from my original post though, i genuinely think Liverpool ARE a 2 man team. Well 3 if you include Reina. I would be interested to see how many points Liverpool have dropped when Torres hasn't been playing since he joined the pool.

They sold their 3rd best player to Real Madrid.

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #2876 on: October 27, 2009, 05:56:49 AM »
Atleast Spurs lost their game  ;)

>:( i know, what a fuck up.. i know there's no easy games in the PL now, but come on.. we need to be taking full points from fixatures like this.. especially when were coming down to the Emirates on saturday  :-X ... blown a big chance to cement 4th spot,..

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2877 on: October 27, 2009, 08:43:24 AM »

well thats your opinion...and to be fair alot of so-called experts spout that rubbish week in week out so its understandable

but how do you think carragher feels about that?

and is mascherano not the best defensive midfielder in the prem?

and as above did kuyt and benayoun not contribute

plus people were sayin this last season when xabi was still here

by all means say our squad lacks depth...because it does...but to call us a two man team is laughable and frankly insulting

and the stats you asked for would prove this...if they didnt andy gray would be spoutin them out every week...much like he does with the zonal marking while ignoring our great defensive record over the 5 years we've deployed it...one goal goes in...its zonal markings fault...

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2878 on: October 27, 2009, 10:55:32 PM »

well thats your opinion...and to be fair alot of so-called experts spout that rubbish week in week out so its understandable

but how do you think carragher feels about that?

and is mascherano not the best defensive midfielder in the prem?

and as above did kuyt and benayoun not contribute

plus people were sayin this last season when xabi was still here

by all means say our squad lacks depth...because it does...but to call us a two man team is laughable and frankly insulting

and the stats you asked for would prove this...if they didnt andy gray would be spoutin them out every week...much like he does with the zonal marking while ignoring our great defensive record over the 5 years we've deployed it...one goal goes in...its zonal markings fault...

Oh you have me all wrong mate, i'm not one of those arseholes who go along with everything wankers like Andy Gray & Jamie Redknapp say, i live in New Zealand and thankfully dont have to listen to people like that.

I genuinely like Carragher (after he missed a pen for england at the WC he sent a text to King Kenny saying 'I'd rather miss for England than for LFC') but IMO Liverpool would be no better or worse if they had Agger & Skrtel at the back, Carragher steps up in the big games and is immense but like a lot of Liverpool players doesn't seem motivated for the scraps wi Stoke and shit teams like that.

Now remember this is just my opinion as someone who admittedly doesn't watch EVERY Liverpool game so chances are i'm talking shite, but it's just the way i see it.

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2879 on: October 28, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »
Went to barnsley game last night, good result with a young side Obertan looked pretty good but will whether he can cut it in the Prem is another matter.

There was a bit of trouble(kiosk getting destroyed, bottles thrown on the pitch) the barsley police were expecting a pitch invasion in the second half

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:32:52 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson