Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171672 times)

Jome

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3030 on: December 17, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
^^ Word, ironically, Lennon & Kranjcar single-handedly buried City yesterday.. top notch performances from both wingers.  8)

Damn, Lennon would be beastin if he could play like this all the time, he's too inconsistent...I like him though.

No wonder he can't do that, smart managers makes sure to double up on Lennon, and some times even tripling up.  :D

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3031 on: December 18, 2009, 03:35:08 AM »
^^ Word, ironically, Lennon & Kranjcar single-handedly buried City yesterday.. top notch performances from both wingers.  8)

Damn, Lennon would be beastin if he could play like this all the time, he's too inconsistent...I like him though.

No wonder he can't do that, smart managers makes sure to double up on Lennon, and some times even tripling up.  :D

We doubled up and cut off the supply to Lennon, meaning that Spurs often switched to the left and played through Benoit Assou-Ekotto who had a decent game. I don't blame him for smacking that fan, he was trying to win the game on his own almost.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3032 on: December 19, 2009, 06:41:31 AM »
HAHA

'pool keeps losing  8)

Invincible

« Reply #3033 on: December 19, 2009, 06:52:20 AM »
HAHA

'pool keeps losing  8)

Didn't know they was playing. Ahahahahahaha. In Rafa we trust.  8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3034 on: December 19, 2009, 09:04:40 AM »
Fulham are beasts.

Invincible

« Reply #3035 on: December 19, 2009, 09:09:06 AM »

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3036 on: December 19, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3037 on: December 19, 2009, 11:49:39 AM »
Easy 3-0

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3038 on: December 20, 2009, 04:04:36 AM »
Fulham are beasts.

>:(

That match was hard to watch...terrible game  :-X

united's injury list is laughable. arsenal to win the league.

what does everyone think of Mark Hughes getting fired? personally, i think they should've kept him until the end of the season, they're sixth in the league and are bound to get a Europa League spot. whats wrong with that? Champions League in the first year is unrealistic, regardless of how much they've spent. if anything, firing Hughes will do more harm than good. at least in the short term, i bet they lose their next few games.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3039 on: December 20, 2009, 04:56:30 AM »

what does everyone think of Mark Hughes getting fired? personally, i think they should've kept him until the end of the season, they're sixth in the league and are bound to get a Europa League spot. whats wrong with that? Champions League in the first year is unrealistic, regardless of how much they've spent. if anything, firing Hughes will do more harm than good. at least in the short term, i bet they lose their next few games.
I was quite surprised. Seems like Hughes had the City ship on the right course.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3040 on: December 20, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »

Shocking result for us, i know we have severe injuries in defence but we should be doing better. Its just fortunate chelsea drew today.

As for Hughes it was only a matter of time, he was already in charge when the owners took over so technically he isnt "there man". There obviously going to spend big in jan so more than likely didnt want him doing it.

He was doing an ok job but no doubt the owners probably had unrealistic expectations.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3041 on: December 20, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »

Shocking result for us, i know we have severe injuries in defence but we should be doing better. Its just fortunate chelsea drew today.

As for Hughes it was only a matter of time, he was already in charge when the owners took over so technically he isnt "there man". There obviously going to spend big in jan so more than likely didnt want him doing it.

He was doing an ok job but no doubt the owners probably had unrealistic expectations.

of course they have unrealistic expectations. look at Chelsea. how many managers have they had since the Russian took over?

ps. "their"

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #3042 on: December 21, 2009, 02:28:07 AM »
Letting a manager spend that amount of money in the summer and then not even giving him 6 months to turn them in to a team is a clear indication of how fucked up the EPL is these days.

The Maestro

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #3043 on: December 24, 2009, 01:46:03 AM »
Letting a manager spend that amount of money in the summer and then not even giving him 6 months to turn them in to a team is a clear indication of how fucked up the EPL is these days.

very true
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3044 on: December 24, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
Champions League in the first year is unrealistic

it was Hughes's second season, first year he finished 10th, didn't qualify for Europe or win any trophies. Even now City are 12 points behind the leaders in a season where no1 has been consistent at the top. 7 league wins after nearly half a season is poor, when you consider that 5 teams have already comfortably reached double figures in league wins.

His transfers have been poor too, particularly in defense. Apart from Given & Bellamy no-one has justified their transfers. Toure fell off years ago, whilst Lescott is just a decent defender more known for being a goalscoring defender then a top quality defender. Bridge has played shit too. If it wasn't for Given(who has been the top GK this season in prem) City wouldn't be in the top 10.