Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171672 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3075 on: January 06, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »

LOL

kemizt

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3076 on: January 06, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »
Im going to Old Trafford Januray 27 to see United crush the last bit of hope City had of winning a title this year. Gonna be lovley.

Where u from I wonder????

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #3077 on: January 06, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »
Im going to Old Trafford Januray 27 to see United crush the last bit of hope City had of winning a title this year. Gonna be lovley.

Norway. Because my english is not that good?
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3078 on: January 06, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »

No, because like u
Most United fans aint from Manchester

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #3079 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:55 AM »

No, because like u

True, and im not going to try to defend that. I was to young to decide when my father decided for me, but then again, he aint from England ether.

I have a favoirite team whitch is Machester United but i love all football and the best football is played in England. What tipped me over when i was old enought to realy choose by myself was Eric Cantona and he is still today the main reason i suport United, And Ole Gunne Solskjær off course, since he nowregian.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3080 on: January 06, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »

No, because like u

and most city fans are form stockport, blah blah blah. We could do this all day lol.

I see Manchini is confident saying the 33 year banner on the stretty will have to be taken down this year.

As for the Glazer story, everyone knew from the day they took over that the club was fucked thats why the demostrations were so strong. Unlike Liverpool who welcomed Gillete and Hicks thinking it guaranteed success. It just shows how well we have done in winning the league, EC, league cup etc since they took over, the only good thing is the club is valued at over a billion pound so it outweighs the debt.

I'm shocked! We were bad!  :-X

I'm getting lil bit frustrated with Berbatov, he did nothing today, in my opionion...

In not one to get on the back of players representing united but Ferguson needs to cut his losses with Berbatov, i sit there each week and watch him do one good thing per game usually a piece of amazing skill but that skill is pointless if it doesnt lead to anything. He is not contributing anything in terms of goals or assists, it worried me that Fergie said that basically Rooney and Owen are in competition to partner Berbatov. Its as if he has been given a free pass, personally i think we are weak up front (and the wings) but id rather see players who put the effort in and fail than one who has undoubted quality but wastes it. The amount of times he gives the ball away and lectures the person he was passing it to is ridiculous. One thing that sums it up was that he was asked how many times united had won the league, bare in mind that a big thing was made of united equalling liverpool with 18 championships. Berbatov didnt even know this, he ummmed and arrred before saying 20. When you compare him to Evra who has immersed himself in the history of the club and gives a 100% every week its ridiculous.

OMFG, losing to Leeds now. Our season is turning into a joke.

Losing to Leeds was pretty much inexcusable, even with the fact that 6 players who started were 22 or under we should still have had more than enough to beat them. They out fought and out played and we would have been lucky to get a result.

I dont see us winning anything this year, as we are far too inconsistant, like previously said we are weak up front, out wide and due to injuries at the moment in defence. It just shows the poor standard of the league that we still have a chance of winning the league due to the other clubs not been any better. The winner of the league this year will prob be the best of a bad bunch !

I can see us maybe getting past Milan in the EC but we wont win it and depending on the team Fergie puts out against City will play a huge part of whether we get to the league cup final. Even if we did i wouldnt be suprised if Villa beat us again. Maybe im been pessamistic on the back of some bad results but we need to go on a run of victorys and get teams fearing us again.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:59:43 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3081 on: January 06, 2010, 11:55:42 AM »
Veron turns down man city

He aint like Tevez  ;) Id like to see him back in the premiership (not with city), he didnt do himself justice, prob one of the best passers of the ball i have seen.

Estudiantes midfield ace Juan Sebastian Veron has confirmed he's rejected an offer from Manchester City.

The 34-year-old former Chelsea and Manchester United midfielder is enjoying a renaissance at Estudiantes - and was crowned South American Player of the Year last year.

A number of clubs have looked to entice him back to Europe, and Veron has revealed that Roberto Mancini made him an offer.

However, the Argentine star has snubbed the chance to link up with his former Sampdoria and Lazio team-mate - in order to remain with Estudiantes.

"It's not a fact of money. First of all is the family, an second, I have made a decision and I want to respect it, that is what I feel and Estudiantes is the place where I feel comfortable," said Veron.

"If I would have accepted this offer I wouldn't have been true with my convictions, with myself and with the people."

Veron's agent Miguel Pires gave the detail of City's offer.

"Veron said to me that he received a phone call from Mancini and that he had offered him £7million and the same to Estudiantes for a one-year contract.

"In addition, that amount would have got duplicated if he would have continued at Manchester City during 2011."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/estudiantes-star-veron-admits-rejecting-man-city-554951

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3082 on: January 06, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
First off that Veron story is bollox, that some fan posted up on goal.com  ::)
As if we would want him

And tell me again where your from again?  ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3083 on: January 06, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
First off that Veron story is bollox, that some fan posted up on goal.com  ::)
As if we would want him

And tell me again where your from again?  ;D

why wouldnt you want the south american player of the year ? If it is the hoax it got the bbc aswell

"1500 GMT: Former Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron has told Argentine radio station La Red that he has turned down a £7m move to Manchester City from Estudiantes."

In 2001 there was an analysis by the manchester institute for popular culture of the postcodes of season ticket holders of united and city to judge who had the most season ticket holders from manchester, the results were

Manchester City - 16,481 season tickets holders 6678 with manchester postcodes
Manchester United - 27,667 season tickets holders 7808 with manchester postcodes

So in 2001 there were more season ticket holders in manchester going to watch united than city. There will of course be loads of fans outside of manchester as united are a global brand. You can take the piss but this exactly what city are trying to achieve and if they do have success and manage this then city will also been tarnished with the same brush.

I may not be living in Manchester but thats where my family is from, people do move. My family has a steep tradition of supporting united going back to the busby babes era, im not some hop on the bandwagon fan. Ive been going to united games since 1989. Ive lost count the amount of times my dad reminds me how lucky i am to be watching united in this era, rather than when he was going regularly in the 70's and 80's.

Anyway you still havent said what you expect from city this season and next ?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:00:21 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3084 on: January 06, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »
And I could put up another study that shows we have more fans in Manchester, I just cant be arsed with it all.
I know the score because I live here.

And our owners have always stated it will always be the fans club. And with an owner like ours why would he try ripping us off? And pushing the real fans away? Its not like he needs the money  ;D
We aint your lot and I hope our club never treats us like they treat U. Like with them season tickets rip offs where u have to pay 4 cup games.
No wonder many working class Mancs dont go 2 Old Trafford anymore Maybe thats why its like a morgue.

As 4 what I expect this season. I just dont know, anything can happen with City  :)
We still have a game in hand and we will be bringing in some more players this month. So we have a good chance to break into the top 4.
TBH I think the league is poor this season

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3085 on: January 06, 2010, 01:59:55 PM »
And I could put up another study that shows we have more fans in Manchester, I just cant be arsed with it all.
I know the score because I live here.

And our owners have always stated it will always be the fans club. And with an owner like ours why would he try ripping us off? And pushing the real fans away? Its not like he needs the money  ;D
We aint your lot and I hope our club never treats us like they treat U. Like with them season tickets rip offs where u have to pay 4 cup games.
No wonder many working class Mancs dont go 2 Old Trafford anymore Maybe thats why its like a morgue.

As 4 what I expect this season. I just dont know, anything can happen with City  :)
We still have a game in hand and we will be bringing in some more players this month. So we have a good chance to break into the top 4.
TBH I think the league is poor this season

Its not even four games its for the whole season but you can opt out of the league cup if you choose to (then cant apply for aways) and i think kids can opt out of the EC also.

The league is poor as a whole, all this any team can beat another so it must be a good league is nonsense. It may mean its entertaining but it doesnt mean its good quality.

It looks like your getting Viera i dont think he is the player he was but still could do a good job. Who else is looking likely ?

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3086 on: January 06, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
Dont know why we need Viera tbh maybe he will be more a squad player.
We have the Beast that is De Jong in midfield ;D

Not bin much transfer talk going on at the minute??
We deffo need some full backs though

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3087 on: January 07, 2010, 02:27:38 AM »
i live in Manchester aswell. i very rarely see people wearing red. blue, however, is a different story.

also, KURUPTION-81, do your stats take into account the face that in 2001 Old Trafford could hold twice the amount of spectators than Maine Road?

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3088 on: January 07, 2010, 07:02:46 AM »

tbh i think there's a fair bit of sentiment involved in Mancini signing him. Being a football manager is already hard enough without nepotism dictating your transfers.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3089 on: January 07, 2010, 01:03:46 PM »
i live in Manchester aswell. i very rarely see people wearing red. blue, however, is a different story.

also, KURUPTION-81, do your stats take into account the face that in 2001 Old Trafford could hold twice the amount of spectators than Maine Road?

united fans only where black because we are mean and moody  ;D

It just looked at how many season ticket holders there were at the time and how many with a manchester postcode.

We have the Beast that is De Jong in midfield ;D

Not bin much transfer talk going on at the minute??
We deffo need some full backs though

Viera has plenty of experience which will come in handy, i thought bridge would be good but it hasnt really happened.