Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171730 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3135 on: January 19, 2010, 08:55:54 AM »
As I said, I never criticised the wingers (Lennon, Modric, Krancjar) or the strikers (all great players).

You mention your defence and defend them by saying theyre 5th best in the league. I've not once said your team is poor. But you've proved my point in saying that. IS 5th in the top 4? Of course not.

I think at the moment you're looking at an obvious top 3 of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea (in wahtever order, I couldnt care less really - I'm a Newcastle supporter born and raised in newcastle just to level the playin field so you know where I'm coming from). 4th is obviously up fro grabs and Spurs are in the mix for it...but from my point of view I see Villa and yourself as similar and then Man City and Liverpool aswell. There's 4 teams. Liverpool, if they get it together can challenge still. And Man City are getting stronger with each game.

And btw, don't ever say you don't know what you're on about to me. Its a forum, this is opinion, and I'm a lifelong football supporter and season ticket holder so I'd appreciate that you join in the debate with intelligence rather than throwing out vague insults.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3136 on: January 19, 2010, 10:52:52 AM »
As I said, I never criticised the wingers (Lennon, Modric, Krancjar) or the strikers (all great players).

You mention your defence and defend them by saying theyre 5th best in the league. I've not once said your team is poor. But you've proved my point in saying that. IS 5th in the top 4? Of course not.

I think at the moment you're looking at an obvious top 3 of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea (in wahtever order, I couldnt care less really - I'm a Newcastle supporter born and raised in newcastle just to level the playin field so you know where I'm coming from). 4th is obviously up fro grabs and Spurs are in the mix for it...but from my point of view I see Villa and yourself as similar and then Man City and Liverpool aswell. There's 4 teams. Liverpool, if they get it together can challenge still. And Man City are getting stronger with each game.

And btw, don't ever say you don't know what you're on about to me. Its a forum, this is opinion, and I'm a lifelong football supporter and season ticket holder so I'd appreciate that you join in the debate with intelligence rather than throwing out vague insults.

yeh i said we were 5th best defensively so far.. but there is only 5 goals between 5th & 1st with only Man U & Chelsea being top 4 sides above us, the other two clubs are villa & birmingham.. i still view that as being pretty solid defensively. i wont argue about the sides chasing for 4th. but i still think its only spurs and city that has the squad depth to deal with any injuries.
+ if your catching feelings about me saying you dont know what you on about then thats stupid, it wasnt a direct insult.. i never know you were an english poster, so thats why i questioned your knowledge... but i know your a NC fan now, so its all good.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3137 on: January 19, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3138 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »

yeh i said we were 5th best defensively so far.. but there is only 5 goals between 5th & 1st with only Man U & Chelsea being top 4 sides above us, the other two clubs are villa & birmingham.. i still view that as being pretty solid defensively. i wont argue about the sides chasing for 4th. but i still think its only spurs and city that has the squad depth to deal with any injuries.
+ if your catching feelings about me saying you dont know what you on about then thats stupid, it wasnt a direct insult.. i never know you were an english poster, so thats why i questioned your knowledge... but i know your a NC fan now, so its all good.

not catching feelings mate, sorry we've got off on the wrong foot. No hard feelings at all.

Spurs to be honest have surprised me this season. Youve done much better than I thought you could do so you never know, maybe I've underestimated you. I just think in the long run the moneyboys at City will just win through. Also, you can never count out Liverpool....massive clubs like that never go down without a fight. Villa I think will bottle it like last season.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3139 on: January 20, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »

BRILLIANT STUFF.

I think everyone watching that game as a neutral wanted to see Tevez get the goals and it was great to see.

Shay Given was the real unsung hero for City though. Best keeper in the world in my opinion...mind you, my opinion might be biased as he was my team's keeper for more than a decade.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3140 on: January 20, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »

not catching feelings mate, sorry we've got off on the wrong foot. No hard feelings at all.

Spurs to be honest have surprised me this season. Youve done much better than I thought you could do so you never know, maybe I've underestimated you. I just think in the long run the moneyboys at City will just win through. Also, you can never count out Liverpool....massive clubs like that never go down without a fight. Villa I think will bottle it like last season.

its cool man... in a way your right about spurs anyway tonight being a prime example losing to liverpool when there missing two massive players in gerrard n torres, i didnt get to watch the game because i play football on wednesday nights but im glad i missed it. I duno if villa will bottle it quiet as hard as last season, they made it through to the carling cup final tonight, so you never know if they win that could give a massive confidence boost for the rest of the season. Either way i just dont want to see Man City win anything this season, i hate the way they got such big expectations just because they got a blank cheaque book..
You think Newcastle are gonna gain that automatic promotion spot then?

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3141 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »

its cool man... in a way your right about spurs anyway tonight being a prime example losing to liverpool when there missing two massive players in gerrard n torres, i didnt get to watch the game because i play football on wednesday nights but im glad i missed it. I duno if villa will bottle it quiet as hard as last season, they made it through to the carling cup final tonight, so you never know if they win that could give a massive confidence boost for the rest of the season. Either way i just dont want to see Man City win anything this season, i hate the way they got such big expectations just because they got a blank cheaque book..

I actually have a horrible feeling that Liverpool will still retain top 4. They seem to have turned a corner. I'd rather ANY of the ther teams get 4th though.

I'm not worried about Newcastle THIS SEASON. We're by far the best team in the Championship and without sounding too cocky I think we'll have a top 2 berth wrapped up by April. I would be surprised if we didn't finish 1st. HOWEVER, this isnt because we're great its because the Championship is very poor. Newcastle and West Brom are head and shoulders above the rest and even the current form of Forest will eventually die dwn and they'll take thier place in the playoffs.

Its next season I'm worried about. If we go up to the Premiership with this squad we have right now we'd struggle to stay up. Some massive changes need to happen right now. For startes we don't even have a striker who can score 6/7 Premiership goals nevermind lead the team with 10-15. This summer will be massive in deciding our future.

I wish I watched the Villa game tonight. 6-4! Sounds like a classic.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3142 on: January 20, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
Top of the League!  8)

Fuck those Bolton cunts.

kemizt

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3143 on: January 21, 2010, 03:21:56 AM »
good win last night...need to get some momentum going...only team that really worries me is city...even though i still think the top 3 are going to drop points as well...

Invincible

« Reply #3144 on: January 21, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »

I actually have a horrible feeling that Liverpool will still retain top 4. They seem to have turned a corner. I'd rather ANY of the ther teams get 4th though.

I'm not worried about Newcastle THIS SEASON. We're by far the best team in the Championship and without sounding too cocky I think we'll have a top 2 berth wrapped up by April. I would be surprised if we didn't finish 1st. HOWEVER, this isnt because we're great its because the Championship is very poor. Newcastle and West Brom are head and shoulders above the rest and even the current form of Forest will eventually die dwn and they'll take thier place in the playoffs.

Its next season I'm worried about. If we go up to the Premiership with this squad we have right now we'd struggle to stay up. Some massive changes need to happen right now. For startes we don't even have a striker who can score 6/7 Premiership goals nevermind lead the team with 10-15. This summer will be massive in deciding our future.

How the hell have Liverpool turned the corner? They've just lost to Reading and drew with Stoke. If thats turning the corner, United must be on fire right now.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3145 on: January 21, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »

How the hell have Liverpool turned the corner? They've just lost to Reading and drew with Stoke. If thats turning the corner, United must be on fire right now.

Who has got the most points in the league from their last 4 games????

The answer is Liverpool my friend. Check it out. The only teams who have picked up as many points is Man Utd and Arsenal (all three have won 3 and drawn 1).

I know it seems like theyre doing shit (and they are compared to last year) but even after all the problems with last night's win theyre 1 point off 4th. In the last month or so theyve beaten two of their main challengers to 4th in Villa and Spurs. Massive wins.

I fucking hate Liverpool by the way. I just think they'll get stronger and have the mentality and strength to battle themselves back into 4th spot where Villa and Spurs will fail. I can only see it being Liverpool or Man City right now.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3146 on: January 21, 2010, 02:40:20 PM »
did anyone watch the Villa vs Blackburn game yesterday? cracking match.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3147 on: January 21, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »

yeah I caught the second half. Brilliant stuff. Would have probably been even better if Samba wasnt sent off and Blackburn might have had a chance. Great game though.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3148 on: January 21, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »

yeah I caught the second half. Brilliant stuff. Would have probably been even better if Samba wasnt sent off and Blackburn might have had a chance. Great game though.

yeah, may not have been more goals (for Villa anyway), but would have been interesting if Blackburn had 11 men for the full 90 minutes, but i'm sure it would have still been as entertaining.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3149 on: January 22, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »

Since the defeat at Portsmouth Liverpool have taken 10 points from a possible 12

not been playing well but starting to get the points which is the important thing...thought aquilani looked very good at spurs on wednsday and kyriakos(i know  :P ) is starting to look a snip at 1.5m especially lookin at the £26mill city spent on lescott...

im actually happy gerrards out...we always seem to play better when he is....him and torres to a lesser extent seem to have trust issues this season when it comes to passing the ball...the amount of moves ive seen break down this season because these two have took the wrong option in the final third