Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171736 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3180 on: January 26, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »
did anyone see Ronaldo's moaning about 'diving' in la liga??  ;D

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3181 on: January 26, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
did anyone see Ronaldo's moaning about 'diving' in la liga??  ;D

no, what did he say?

i hear he got sent off at the weekend, two bookings for diving?

Lunatic

« Reply #3182 on: January 26, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »
u wish lol. A straight red. He was trying to fend off a defender who was behind him and he was swinging his arms around, and caught the defender in the nose and broke it. Looked relatively accidental to me. Don't think he was trying to hurt the dude. A yellow card definitely, but a straight red should be something very malicious.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3183 on: January 26, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
To be fair to CR he did score two goals before it happened mind. Not that I give a fuck like, the guy is a bellend.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3184 on: January 26, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
u wish lol. A straight red. He was trying to fend off a defender who was behind him and he was swinging his arms around, and caught the defender in the nose and broke it. Looked relatively accidental to me. Don't think he was trying to hurt the dude. A yellow card definitely, but a straight red should be something very malicious.

so the player hardly dived then im not disputing a red was harsh im laughing at the fact ronaldo can sit there and call anyone a diver lol

and whoever asked,he was basically saying how playing in england he was taught not to dive because its cheating,theres loads of divers in la liga,everyone kicks him whaaa whaa u know typical fuckin bitchin

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3185 on: January 26, 2010, 08:46:50 PM »
thats what happens when you grab shirts ;D his second goal was amazing 8)

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3186 on: January 27, 2010, 03:43:31 AM »
I'm disappointed we only managed a draw against the Scousers last night, they were there for the taking.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3187 on: January 27, 2010, 05:15:56 AM »
I'm disappointed we only managed a draw against the Scousers last night, they were there for the taking.

im glad you's drew.. but annoys me how they can beat tottenham 2-0 then inbetween loose to reading and draw to you's (no disrespect to wolves) & stoke  ???

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3188 on: January 27, 2010, 05:40:55 AM »

Yeah definitely. You could have got the three points easily and piled on the misery. Would have done you the world of good aswell in the dogfight. You're better than the teams around you but don't seem to have that cutting edge to finish teams off. Get superKevinDoyle on the case.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3189 on: January 27, 2010, 05:47:59 AM »

im glad you's drew.. but annoys me how they can beat tottenham 2-0 then inbetween loose to reading and draw to you's (no disrespect to wolves) & stoke  ???

Well you lost to us and Stoke...;)

Seriously tho, it's a topsy-turvy league this season and no-one has found any real consistency. Spurs are equal to Man City in my eyes for 4th spot (both have been far better than Liverpool this season), but it's about who can hold their nerve until May.

Yeah definitely. You could have got the three points easily and piled on the misery. Would have done you the world of good aswell in the dogfight. You're better than the teams around you but don't seem to have that cutting edge to finish teams off. Get superKevinDoyle on the case.

Without Super Kevin Doyle, we would've been relegated in November. Our 2nd top scorer is 35-year old centre half Jody Craddock.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3190 on: January 27, 2010, 05:55:25 AM »
Yikes. I've been surprised that Ebanks-Blake has had such a small impact. I mean yeah sure, theres a massive step up from Championship to Premiership but you'd expect a guy who scores 20plus every season in the Championship could at least get 5-10 goals in the league above. That said, as far as I'm aware he hasnt been a regular starter has he?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3191 on: January 27, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »
Yikes. I've been surprised that Ebanks-Blake has had such a small impact. I mean yeah sure, theres a massive step up from Championship to Premiership but you'd expect a guy who scores 20plus every season in the Championship could at least get 5-10 goals in the league above. That said, as far as I'm aware he hasnt been a regular starter has he?

Confidence issues. He's missing chances that he would've buried last season with his eyes closed.

He's played a fair few games this season but at some point we had to take him out of the firing line to give someone else a chance. I still reckon he'll come good, hopefully before the end of the season...

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3192 on: January 27, 2010, 06:02:45 AM »

Ebanks blake reminds me in some way like michael chopra.. can score for fun in the championship but struggles big time for goals in the Prem, said that i know ebanks is still only young so is time for him to step up.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3193 on: January 27, 2010, 06:08:59 AM »

Ebanks blake reminds me in some way like michael chopra.. can score for fun in the championship but struggles big time for goals in the Prem, said that i know ebanks is still only young so is time for him to step up.

My fear is that he joins a long long list of 1st Division strikers who could never make that step up, Healy, Chopra, Nugent, etc

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3194 on: January 27, 2010, 06:54:39 AM »

My fear is that he joins a long long list of 1st Division strikers who could never make that step up, Healy, Chopra, Nugent, etc

There was rumour Chopra was on his way back to us (Toon) this transfer window. I'm glad it never happened because he's not a great player. In his initial time at Newcastle before we fobbed him off to Cardiff he scored 1 goals in 34 games. He just can't cut it in the Premiership.

Ebanks-Blake might still come good, after all he's got age on his side, but I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt as so many other players have failed.