Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171666 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3195 on: January 27, 2010, 07:30:47 AM »
I'm disappointed we only managed a draw against the Scousers last night, they were there for the taking.

im glad you's drew.. but annoys me how they can beat tottenham 2-0 then inbetween loose to reading and draw to you's (no disrespect to wolves) & stoke  ???

its pretty simple gerrard became available...so we threw him in half fit and out of form in place of aquilani who had his best game  in a red shirt in the last game against tottenham...i have all the time in the world for Rafa and i'll still argue up to this season he's done well for us but this is now becoming shades of houiller(more concerned about what the media are saying than winning games) and imo he needs to go....

on to wolves......i want to see them go down...not because i have anything against the team or because im sour(they deserved just your piss stain of a manager...how u gunna play a weakened side against united??...youre supposed to dream of these games when u get promoted...not just drop your pants for whiskey nose and ask him to be gentle....i really hope they need hull to lose on the last day and we just play our youth team...or if rafas still in charge the 1st team will probably do lol

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3196 on: January 27, 2010, 07:47:26 AM »
I'm disappointed we only managed a draw against the Scousers last night, they were there for the taking.

im glad you's drew.. but annoys me how they can beat tottenham 2-0 then inbetween loose to reading and draw to you's (no disrespect to wolves) & stoke  ???

its pretty simple gerrard became available...so we threw him in half fit and out of form in place of aquilani who had his best game  in a red shirt in the last game against tottenham...i have all the time in the world for Rafa and i'll still argue up to this season he's done well for us but this is now becoming shades of houiller(more concerned about what the media are saying than winning games) and imo he needs to go....

on to wolves......i want to see them go down...not because i have anything against the team or because im sour(they deserved just your piss stain of a manager...how u gunna play a weakened side against united??...youre supposed to dream of these games when u get promoted...not just drop your pants for whiskey nose and ask him to be gentle....i really hope they need hull to lose on the last day and we just play our youth team...or if rafas still in charge the 1st team will probably do lol

Mick McCarthy is a legend mate. He's hilarious. Barnsley thug 4 life.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3197 on: January 27, 2010, 08:20:01 AM »

Mick McCarthy legend mate. He's hilarious. Barnsley thug 4 life.

fixed...you from barnsley...i was up there last year for a few days 6 hour train journey...good ppl though i enjoyed myself lol

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3198 on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »

This whole 'weakened' team business against United is a misconception stirred up the media. I was at the Spurs game three days beforehand, and our team (which wasn't our best XI in the first place) ran themselves into the ground protecting a 1-0 lead for 96 minutes. Our strikers were virtually playing in midfield chasing Aaron Lennon around and we lost Dave Edwards during the game through a fatigue-related injury

There was no way the same team could play against United at OT and get a result. To do that would require a lot of chasing and effort for 90+ minutes, which is why Mick played the team he did. The game plan was to chase United down and force mistakes, and we acquitted ourselves well until we gave away a silly penalty towards the end of the first half. It's shocking how journalists who couldn't name our 'best XI', were all of a sudden claiming we played the 'reserves'.

A lot of it was due to the fact we were playing United. If we did that against a Stoke/Fulham type team, no one would've given a shit.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3199 on: January 27, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
wow. great second half. the atmosphere here in Manchester was electric.

who was marking Rooney? three lads in front of him as the ball was played in, but no-one 'on him'.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3200 on: January 28, 2010, 04:27:33 AM »
wow. great second half. the atmosphere here in Manchester was electric.

who was marking Rooney? three lads in front of him as the ball was played in, but no-one 'on him'.

yup yup fuck man city...  ;D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3201 on: January 28, 2010, 07:03:51 AM »

Mick McCarthy legend mate. He's hilarious. Barnsley thug 4 life.

fixed...you from barnsley...i was up there last year for a few days 6 hour train journey...good ppl though i enjoyed myself lol

haha nah I'm from nowhere near Barnsley. I'm a geordie mate. Newcastle born and bred.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3202 on: January 28, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »
I wanted City to win, but fairplay, theres no denying Man Utd outplayed them all game in this second leg. I just hope Villa turn them over in the final.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3203 on: January 28, 2010, 09:11:12 AM »
I wanted City to win, but fairplay, theres no denying Man Utd outplayed them all game in this second leg. I just hope Villa turn them over in the final.

same.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3204 on: January 28, 2010, 10:14:55 AM »
Sky launches 3D channel in pubs

Sky is kicking off the UK's first 3D channel with a live Premier League football match to be broadcast in nine pubs around the UK this weekend.

The match between Arsenal and Manchester United will be viewable in 3D in pubs in London, Manchester, Cardiff and Edinburgh.

In April Sky will roll out its 3D channel to hundreds of other pubs.

Later in the year, Sky 3D will be made available to all Sky+HD customers with a range of content on offer.

This will include movies, sport, documentaries and entertainment.

Sky 3D will initially be available as a free add-on for those with Sky+HD boxes.

Viewers need to wear a special pair of glasses to watch the content.

There has been a great deal of hype around the technology since cinemas began showing films in 3D.

Avatar, shot in 3D, has become the highest grossing film of all time.

It is expected that 3D-ready TVs will hit the consumer market later this year.

"People have already embraced 3D cinema and because Sky's 3D service uses the same kind of technology, we're confident there will be demand for sport, movies, concerts and drama in 3D," said Gerry O'Sullivan, Sky's director of strategic product development.

In February, two rugby matches in the Six Nations championship will be filmed in 3D and shown at cinemas around the UK.

The 2010 World Cup will also be filmed in the format.

The BBC was the first to show a 3D sports event, broadcasting a Scotland v England rugby match at the Six Nations championship in 2008.

HOW 3D BROADCAST WORKS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8483136.stm

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3205 on: January 28, 2010, 11:21:22 AM »
Sky launches 3D channel in pubs

Sky is kicking off the UK's first 3D channel with a live Premier League football match to be broadcast in nine pubs around the UK this weekend.

The match between Arsenal and Manchester United will be viewable in 3D in pubs in London, Manchester, Cardiff and Edinburgh.

In April Sky will roll out its 3D channel to hundreds of other pubs.

Later in the year, Sky 3D will be made available to all Sky+HD customers with a range of content on offer.

This will include movies, sport, documentaries and entertainment.

Sky 3D will initially be available as a free add-on for those with Sky+HD boxes.

Viewers need to wear a special pair of glasses to watch the content.

There has been a great deal of hype around the technology since cinemas began showing films in 3D.

Avatar, shot in 3D, has become the highest grossing film of all time.

It is expected that 3D-ready TVs will hit the consumer market later this year.

"People have already embraced 3D cinema and because Sky's 3D service uses the same kind of technology, we're confident there will be demand for sport, movies, concerts and drama in 3D," said Gerry O'Sullivan, Sky's director of strategic product development.

In February, two rugby matches in the Six Nations championship will be filmed in 3D and shown at cinemas around the UK.

The 2010 World Cup will also be filmed in the format.

The BBC was the first to show a 3D sports event, broadcasting a Scotland v England rugby match at the Six Nations championship in 2008.

HOW 3D BROADCAST WORKS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8483136.stm

i understand how this could work in the home.. but a pub? seriously how would you deal out the 3D glass's?? if the place supplied them they'd either run out or get broken or taken by drunks.. and if you had to supply them yourselfs, i couldnt see many people bothering...

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3206 on: January 28, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
Haha had this same discussion at work earlier...surely after a few pints you'd get blurred vision anyway - no need for the glasses then lol.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3207 on: January 28, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
What a match last night, great atmosphere and definitly deserved to win and go through, very sweet.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3208 on: January 28, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »
i understand how this could work in the home.. but a pub? seriously how would you deal out the 3D glass's?? if the place supplied them they'd either run out or get broken or taken by drunks.. and if you had to supply them yourselfs, i couldnt see many people bothering...

i can imagine there is a deposit required.

i wanna find out which pub is showing this in Manchester. i'll be going out to watch the game anyway, so why not take part in this experiment of 3D football. can't find any info though...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3209 on: January 28, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »

i can imagine there is a deposit required.

i wanna find out which pub is showing this in Manchester. i'll be going out to watch the game anyway, so why not take part in this experiment of 3D football. can't find any info though...

pretty sure the glasses came with the sky mag, and id imagine u pay a pound for them like at the cinema.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson