Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171731 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3225 on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »
^^^^^^^along side city legend shaun goater lol u couldnt make this up.

Wouldnt be suprised if this guy is related to Gary Cook

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3226 on: January 31, 2010, 07:18:20 AM »
who's looking forward to Arsenal - Man Utd?

hope Gallas and Vermaelen keep Rooney at bay.

Invincible

« Reply #3227 on: January 31, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »
who's looking forward to Arsenal - Man Utd?

hope Gallas and Vermaelen keep Rooney at bay.

Well your hopes have been dashed. United cruising.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3228 on: January 31, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »
Get in there ! Patrice Evra's comments from just under a year ago seem appropriate

'People say that Arsenal play good football but, as far as we are concerned, we dominated them comfortably.
'Playing well is not everything in this game. We were 11 men and they were 11 children.
'We played like men against children because we are much more mature and we are more experienced than Arsenal.'

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3229 on: January 31, 2010, 10:41:51 AM »
EXCELLENT GAME!!

Damn it feels good, gunners going down down down... 8)

Nani has had a very good form recently, today he was good again...

Lunatic

« Reply #3230 on: January 31, 2010, 10:42:43 AM »
Nani!!!  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3231 on: January 31, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »
first of all. fuck the Portuguese, and anyone who speaks that language

i'm just messing with you lunatic

Arsenal had their chances in the first half but squandered them, they should've scored on numerous occasions. terrific performance from United to put the pressure on Chelsea. maybe with the upset caused by the 'John Terry scandal' they could drop points against Hull, but that is a big maybe.

great goal from Rooney, did you see the pace on the lad? also, a great run and goal from Park. hats off.

still gonna say Arsenal for the league, very optimistic i know, but if they take points from Chelsea next sunday then the three horse race is still on. gotta bare in mind Manchester United have some difficult games coming up, maybe we can skip the Portsmouth match next week (although Pompey desperately need a result), then Aston Villa away, who seem to be getting their form back, and finally Everton away, you never know.

Elano

« Reply #3232 on: January 31, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
Nani was on fire today  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #3233 on: January 31, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »

LOL! Just warning u, don't overlook PORTO in champions league 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3234 on: January 31, 2010, 03:12:19 PM »
No way is Arsenal winning anything with a bunch of 20 year olds. I like Arsenal, their game is amazing but they lack experience in the key moments of the season.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3235 on: January 31, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »
God damn, I don't really know what to say..
BUT,
We were destined to lose with no a single striker in the starting lineup - even though that was not our biggest problem.

What the hell happened to Clichy!? And Almunia is useless - been saying that ever since he was brought to the club..
Fuck..

Hats off to Rooney - he's awsome.

kemizt

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #3236 on: January 31, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »
We were 11 men and they were 11 children.

Cunt of a thing to say. I remember Graeme Souness said something similar after losing at Parkhead. Then we cuffed them at Ewood as well.

Shite patter from Evra but it's alright for him as he is foreign and probably doesn't realise how unprofessional condecending it really is. Souness did.
NO MORE WAR

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3237 on: January 31, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »

Arsenal had their chances in the first half but squandered them, they should've scored on numerous occasions. terrific performance from United to put the pressure on Chelsea. maybe with the upset caused by the 'John Terry scandal' they could drop points against Hull, but that is a big maybe.

great goal from Rooney, did you see the pace on the lad? also, a great run and goal from Park. hats off.

still gonna say Arsenal for the league, very optimistic i know, but if they take points from Chelsea next sunday then the three horse race is still on. gotta bare in mind Manchester United have some difficult games coming up, maybe we can skip the Portsmouth match next week (although Pompey desperately need a result), then Aston Villa away, who seem to be getting their form back, and finally Everton away, you never know.
u mad lad arsenal sucks  :'( nani  8)

Elano

« Reply #3238 on: February 01, 2010, 01:20:18 AM »
Sports Minister puts pressure on FA over England captain’s affair

The Football Association came under pressure from the Government to strip John Terry of the England captaincy last night after more details emerged of his affair with the partner of one of his former team-mates.

Gerry Sutcliffe, the Sports Minister, said that he will ask the FA to explain its stance on Terry, whose position has been under threat since he failed with a High Court injunction to stop newspapers reporting his extramarital affair with Vanessa Perroncel, a lingerie model and former partner of Wayne Bridge, his England and one-time Chelsea team-mate.

Ms Perroncel, the mother of Bridge’s child and Terry’s neighbour in the Surrey village of Oxshott, is reported to have had an abortion after becoming pregnant by the England captain.

The revelations have left Terry, Britain’s highest-paid footballer, on £150,000 a week, fighting to save his marriage. His distraught wife, Toni, has fled to Dubai with their three-year-old twins, Georgie and Summer, while he stayed at home and trained with Chelsea yesterday. The couple have been in telephone contact. Sources close to Terry said last night that saving his marriage was his “only priority”.

Mr Sutcliffe said: “On the field John Terry is a fantastic player and a good England captain, but to be the captain of England you have got to have wider responsibilities for the country, and clearly if these allegations are proven — and at the moment they are only allegations — then it does call into question his role as England captain. I speak to the FA on a regular basis, so I will be asking what their viewpoint is and we will see what comes of it.”

As well as criticism from Mr Sutcliffe and former England players such as Martin Keown, there has been a growing clamour from the national team’s supporters.

On the members-only England fans message board on the FA’s official website, Terry was described as having “the morals of a rat”, with most supporters calling for him to be stripped of the captain’s armband. Radio phone-in shows have also received similar calls.

In contrast with Chelsea, which issued a statement on Saturday night offering Terry their “full support” over a “personal matter”, the FA has so far declined to comment. Lord Triesman, the FA’s chairman, and Ian Watmore, the chief executive, are firmly expected to entrust Fabio Capello, England’s manager, with the decision on whether or not Terry should retain the captaincy.

The £4.8 million-a-year Italian coach has been monitoring developments from his holiday home in Switzerland, where he is recovering from a knee operation, and has not yet spoken to Terry about the allegations.

Bridge has yet to comment on the reports beyond a statement issued through his lawyer in which he asked for his privacy to be respected.

Three of his Manchester City team-mates, however, made a show of solidarity with him yesterday. Bridge did not play in the match owing to a knee injury, but Nigel de Jong, Stephen Ireland and Carlos Tévez all revealed T-shirts bearing the slogan “Team Bridge” as they left the pitch after their 2-0 victory over Portsmouth.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3239 on: February 01, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »
Mods - let's remove the "(Soccer)" bit from the thread title. NIK is no longer here.