Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171693 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3240 on: February 01, 2010, 03:30:49 AM »
Mods - let's remove the "(Soccer)" bit from the thread title. NIK is no longer here.

word that was a stupid ass rule considerin ppl still made threads like 'omg last nights game' without specifyin which sport...

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3241 on: February 01, 2010, 03:54:54 AM »
Mods - let's remove the "(Soccer)" bit from the thread title. NIK is no longer here.

word that was a stupid ass rule considerin ppl still made threads like 'omg last nights game' without specifyin which sport...

Yeah, and let's get more threads started in the main section, we can only really discuss one issue at a time here.

Are Hack Wilson's random thoughts on some no-mark yank 'athletes' really more deserving of their own threads than the biggest and best sport in the world??

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3242 on: February 01, 2010, 05:43:31 AM »
DEADLINE DAY...

wonder if theres gonna be any interesting last minute signings?? .. i know in the last hour Westham have signed Benny Mccarthy, Hull rejected a £5 bid from wolves for hunt and Nicky Shorey has joined Fulham on loan for the rest of the season.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3243 on: February 01, 2010, 06:13:22 AM »
Can't see much going on today in the market. My side has done most of its business (not good business either I'll admit) and not many other teams seem bothered about bolstering their squads.

One thing I've been a little disappointed with is the movement of Birmingham. Carson Yeung confirmed a few months back they'd have 40million to spend and they spent 2.5million on Michel....nothing else. Sure, theyve had a few tasty bids for Babel and Pavlyuchenko, but to no avial.

Personally I have no idea why Liverpool and Spurs turned those 9million bids down for each player respectively because they won't get MORE money for them and its no as if either are key to their squad's success.

I can see Man City getting Adam Johnson (an incredible prospect and future England star if you ask me) from Middlesbrough and maybe one or two other signings but nothing big.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3244 on: February 01, 2010, 06:32:13 AM »
Can't see much going on today in the market. My side has done most of its business (not good business either I'll admit)

I can see Man City getting Adam Johnson (an incredible prospect and future England star if you ask me) from Middlesbrough and maybe one or two other signings but nothing big.

we'll apparently its saying that Coventrys Leon Best is going to be signing for you today.. imo thats a decent signing. Yeh it appears that City have agreed a deal for adam johnson, not sure how much says details are to follow.

Elano

« Reply #3245 on: February 01, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »
Okaka (a really nice player) from As Roma to Fulham

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3246 on: February 01, 2010, 06:53:27 AM »
Okaka (a really nice player) from As Roma to Fulham

yeah i saw that, never really seen him play tho.. also i saw you's loaned out Amantino Mancini to AC

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3247 on: February 01, 2010, 06:58:44 AM »
Can't see much going on today in the market. My side has done most of its business (not good business either I'll admit)

we'll apparently its saying that Coventrys Leon Best is going to be signing for you today.. imo thats a decent signing. Yeh it appears that City have agreed a deal for adam johnson, not sure how much says details are to follow.

I've heard the rumour but I doubt itll happen. Even if it does it won't improve us. Leon Best is a decent championship striker...but we already have decent championship strikers. Thats why we're 1st. What we need is Premiership class because as it stands right now we'll win this league but next season...we'll be lucky if we're not dead last. Our squad is weak as piss.

I'm not too bothered if we sign no-one really. We've done good enough with who we already have so far so I don't see why we need to buy anyone and waste money this season. The summer is when it gets dirty. Summer transfer window needs to see massive improvements for us or we'll become the new 'yo-yo' club.

I was pissed off we didnt get Victor Moses and he went to Wigan instead. I mean for fucks sake I know Wigan are in the league above, but surely Newcastle are still a bigger (and arguably better considering our current league position) prospect than Wigan? Maybe I'm being bitter and biased but teams like Wigan just wind me up because no-one in Wigan gives a fuck. They only get 15,000 a week attendances when teams like Newcastle are getting 40,000,  and Derby, Leicester, Sheff United, West Brom etc are all getting 25,000 almost.

I just wish attendances determined results as if it did Newcastle would be in the Champions League. Shame is, our team is gash!

Invincible

« Reply #3248 on: February 01, 2010, 06:58:59 AM »
That Victor Moses has completed his move to Wigan too. Interested to watch him play in the PL.

Invincible

« Reply #3249 on: February 01, 2010, 07:01:37 AM »

I've heard the rumour but I doubt itll happen. Even if it does it won't improve us. Leon Best is a decent championship striker...but we already have decent championship strikers. Thats why we're 1st. What we need is Premiership class because as it stands right now we'll win this league but next season...we'll be lucky if we're not dead last. Our squad is weak as piss.

I'm not too bothered if we sign no-one really. We've done good enough with who we already have so far so I don't see why we need to buy anyone and waste money this season. The summer is when it gets dirty. Summer transfer window needs to see massive improvements for us or we'll become the new 'yo-yo' club.

I was pissed off we didnt get Victor Moses and he went to Wigan instead. I mean for fucks sake I know Wigan are in the league above, but surely Newcastle are still a bigger (and arguably better considering our current league position) prospect than Wigan? Maybe I'm being bitter and biased but teams like Wigan just wind me up because no-one in Wigan gives a fuck. They only get 15,000 a week attendances when teams like Newcastle are getting 40,000,  and Derby, Leicester, Sheff United, West Brom etc are all getting 25,000 almost.

I just wish attendances determined results as if it did Newcastle would be in the Champions League. Shame is, our team is gash!

The deal is already complete for Leon Best.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3250 on: February 01, 2010, 07:14:55 AM »

Yeah, and let's get more threads started in the main section, we can only really discuss one issue at a time here.

Are Hack Wilson's random thoughts on some no-mark yank 'athletes' really more deserving of their own threads than the biggest and best sport in the world??

I changed the title, but best believe some of the other comes in here and complains about it.

Still, let Hack have his crazy threads by himself - I can see why he got demodded, lol.
And I believe it's better to have all (most) of the football discussion in here.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3251 on: February 01, 2010, 07:15:54 AM »

The deal is already complete for Leon Best.

haha yeah I saw that as soon as I wrote what I did! :P

To be honest its as I say, hes a decent striker but he's not exactly going to improve our team. Still...its nice to have a bit more squad depth.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3252 on: February 01, 2010, 07:27:08 AM »
how are newcastles finance atm...they'd do well to snap up beckford and try getting snodgrass as well i think both could play top flight and their value would treble after a decent prem season

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3253 on: February 01, 2010, 07:30:59 AM »

I changed the title, but best believe some of the other comes in here and complains about it.

Still, let Hack have his crazy threads by himself - I can see why he got demodded, lol.
And I believe it's better to have all (most) of the football discussion in here.

:raisetheroof:

Hack needs a Twitter account where he just spouts off his thread titles.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3254 on: February 01, 2010, 08:19:40 AM »
how are newcastles finance atm...they'd do well to snap up beckford and try getting snodgrass as well i think both could play top flight and their value would treble after a decent prem season

We already tried to get Beckford and put in two official bids but Leeds rejected them. They'd do the same for Snodgrass. Both are good players but I wouldn't want to pay over the odds for them considering their lack of experience at a higher level no matter how well theyve done in league one and the FA Cup.

As for our finances we're fine. No debt whatsoever. That said, we're not in debt but we're hardly loaded either. Ashley the fat cunt won't spend much. The consensus up here right now is that he is doing enough to get us back into the premiership so our value increases and he can sell the club at a higher profit. Mind you, I have to admit he's been sensible with transfers and wages so far since we went down so financially he's put us in a good situation...I just wsh he didnt make all those horrific bad decisions that sent us down in the first place.