Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 173196 times)

Lunatic

Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3330 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
Confident my Porto squad will defeat Arsenal in Portugal this Wednesday  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3331 on: February 16, 2010, 06:58:20 AM »

Terrible indeed.

I think you'll find every single non top 4 fan would disagree with you.

I know that, but it's not Arsenal's or any of the top 4's fault that they are too good for the rest.

I agree with you there. I don't think it'll ever happen because it'll cheapen the Champions League aswell and in turn cheapen the prestige of the Europa League as the three playoff losers will just see it as a 'wooden spoon' which it isn't. 99% of teams would kill to be in the Europa League. It always pisses me off when people say its a shit competition. Same for the League Cup.

Well, the League Cup is a shit competition, but it gives our u19 team a chance against seniors so I don't mind.

Its not a shit competition. The only people who think it is are the top 4 fans. For everyone else its a rare but genuine chance of winning something.

Invincible

« Reply #3332 on: February 16, 2010, 07:41:17 AM »

Terrible indeed.

I know that, but it's not Arsenal's or any of the top 4's fault that they are too good for the rest.

I agree with you there. I don't think it'll ever happen because it'll cheapen the Champions League aswell and in turn cheapen the prestige of the Europa League as the three playoff losers will just see it as a 'wooden spoon' which it isn't. 99% of teams would kill to be in the Europa League. It always pisses me off when people say its a shit competition. Same for the League Cup.

Well, the League Cup is a shit competition, but it gives our u19 team a chance against seniors so I don't mind.

Its not a shit competition. The only people who think it is are the top 4 fans. For everyone else its a rare but genuine chance of winning something.

Man Utd have seem to be taking it pretty seriously the last few years too. If anything it should be a bigger cup than the FA Cup. Only teams from the Football League get to play in it.  ;D

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3333 on: February 16, 2010, 08:21:38 AM »

Terrible indeed.

the thing what always bugs me about arsenal is they havent won fuck all in over 5 years.. so you'd think they'd treat the league cup with a bit more enthusiasm seeings as the likelyhood of winning either the prem or the champs league is slim as hell.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3334 on: February 16, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »

Terrible indeed.

the thing what always bugs me about arsenal is they havent won fuck all in over 5 years.. so you'd think they'd treat the league cup with a bit more enthusiasm seeings as the likelyhood of winning either the prem or the champs league is slim as hell.

Definitely. And it'll only get worse for them as Wenger will continue to lead them down the path of being a feeder club for every large club in Europe with his youth academy despite never actually achieving any success with them himself.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3335 on: February 16, 2010, 09:20:15 AM »

Terrible indeed.

Man Utd have seem to be taking it pretty seriously the last few years too. If anything it should be a bigger cup than the FA Cup. Only teams from the Football League get to play in it.  ;D

I think its a good thing a few teams like Man Utd arent taking the piss anymore. Just as an example that Manchester semi-final derby was one of the more memorable fixtures of this season. I don't understand why more teams don't really go for the League Cup as it represents a much more genuine opportunity for glory. Teams in the Premiership that aren't challenging for the Champions League should all be busting a gut to win it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3336 on: February 16, 2010, 11:24:46 AM »

Terrible indeed.

I agree with you to a certain degree, however the LC is just a bonus. What pisses me off is that Wenger fucked up with the FA Cup  >:(

kemizt

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3337 on: February 16, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »

Terrible indeed.

I agree with you to a certain degree, however the LC is just a bonus. What pisses me off is that Wenger fucked up with the FA Cup  >:(

yeah that was bizarre.. Stoke at home are a strong team

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3338 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:30 PM »
YES!! Victoryy!!!

Wazza on fire  8)

and WHAT THE FUCK that "second yellow" was all about?!?! didn't get it....

Invincible

« Reply #3339 on: February 16, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
YES!! Victoryy!!!

Wazza on fire  8)

Shit, I forgot to watch. Some fan I am. I'll let myself off as I don't have Sky.

Sounds like it was a good game. Will be checking those highlights. 3 away goals.  8) I'm sure we can cover for Carrick in the next match.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3340 on: February 16, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »
YES!! Victoryy!!!

Wazza on fire  8)

Shit, I forgot to watch. Some fan I am. I'll let myself off as I don't have Sky.

Sounds like it was a good game. Will be checking those highlights. 3 away goals.  8) I'm sure we can cover for Carrick in the next match.

Yeah I'm confident that we can cover him....and yeah, I thougt it was an entertaining game...my grammar sucks by the way  ;D

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3341 on: February 16, 2010, 01:57:36 PM »
YES!! Victoryy!!!

Wazza on fire  8)

Yeah I'm confident that we can cover him....and yeah, I thougt it was an entertaining game...my grammar sucks by the way  ;D

yeah god knows what the carrack sending off was for and scholes goal was lucky as hell.. but Rooneys goals were two neat headers, all in all a good game which you's deserved to win.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3342 on: February 16, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »
YES!! Victoryy!!!

Wazza on fire  8)

yeah god knows what the carrack sending off was for and scholes goal was lucky as hell.. but Rooneys goals were two neat headers, all in all a good game which you's deserved to win.

I agree with everything  ;) 8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3343 on: February 16, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »

Terrible indeed.

Damn I hate Stoke City FC.

kemizt

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3344 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

Terrible indeed.

the thing what always bugs me about arsenal is they haven't won fuck all in over 5 years.. so you'd think they'd treat the league cup with a bit more enthusiasm seeings as the likelyhood of winning either the prem or the champs league is slim as hell.

Damn I hate Stoke City FC.

lol, i think there a really decent team.. i know they get criticised for Delaps long throws but they can play some good stuff...