Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171727 times)

Invincible

Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3390 on: February 19, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »
Right outside David Gills house  ;D

We were shocking against Milan, the tie could have been over in the first half. Looked like we were trying to gift them goals, we will have to be better against everton tmw.

Haha  :laugh:

Luckily the AC squad is getting a bit old. If that was someone like Barca instead, they would of punished us alot more. We have an extremely good record against Everton so I think we should win tomorrow.

Invincible

« Reply #3391 on: February 20, 2010, 07:24:25 AM »
Damn eating my words now. Didn't see the game so I can't really comment. We cannot afford another defeat this season otherwise is all over.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #3392 on: February 20, 2010, 07:46:28 AM »
Damn eating my words now. Didn't see the game so I can't really comment. We cannot afford another defeat this season otherwise is all over.

to be honest we deserved to lose, not a good performance by any standards...credit to Everton

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

bez

« Reply #3393 on: February 20, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »
WHOOOOO! Super super Dan super Danny Gosling!!!!

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3394 on: February 21, 2010, 01:23:23 AM »
now if benitez had eyes he'd stick gerrard back in centre mid and play pacheco/aquilani behind ngog at city...he'd also drop riera and play babel as credit to him the lad appears to actually be trying now

play Gerrard as CM behind ? lol Gerrard is Liverpool biggest threat, the player most likely to create/score

the boy has the raw ingredients...strength,pace,trickery pretty clinical in one on ones...he just needs to bulk up a lil more and gain experience/composure...this season will be great for him in terms of experience the rest will come naturally...the lads a willing learner as well(as opposed to say babel)

haha, LMAO. N'Gog has no acceleration/burst of speed, what nigga you watching, are you confusing him with Babel? they got similar hairstyles. Speed is not part of your game which you can change rapidly either, you either have it or you don't, it's not a mental attribute which you can improve. With Strength, N'go's ok now, he's gangly but has some height. If he does bulk up it will only reduce his speed eg Insua

Plus N'Gog the touch of a rapist, he makes Kuyt look like he's got good technique. The ball bounces off him like when you kick a ball against a wall.

Clinical? lol how many chances did he miss yesterday before he scored a tap in my granny wouldn't have missed ?

The one thing N'Gog is good at is teamwork, he links up play with his teammates, and even that's cos he ain't the the speed/skill to take on most defenders himself. the boy works hard but that's cos like like Kuyt he has to work hard to make for his lack of outstanding technical/physical attributes.

you do know gerrards preferred position is CM right??...you do know he's pretty good at spraying 60 yard passes as well?? playing behind the striker suits him when torres is playing due to their understanding

plus i said clinical in one on ones? did he have a one on one oppotunity thursday nooooooo

and he's no good at holding the ball up but he's good at linking play??...do you think before you type...and i think the chance where he held off two players chested the ball down swivelled and volleyed showed the lad has control dosent it

like i said the lads still learning...if his touch/finishing was picture perfect he'd be the world class finished article...which i never said he was...at ngogs age ian wright was playing in the 2nd division....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3395 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »

to be honest we deserved to lose, not a good performance by any standards...credit to Everton

Yeah fair play to Everton they derserved the victory.

For most of the season i thougt we have being poor, this last month had me changing my mind. Yesterday has reinforced what i was thinking earlier, our away form is much too poor to win the league

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3396 on: February 21, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
Bobby Zamora for England?

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3397 on: February 21, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »

For most of the season i thougt we have being poor, this last month had me changing my mind. Yesterday has reinforced what i was thinking earlier, our away form is much too poor to win the league

could be worse mate least you watch your team play not endure it :-\

bez

« Reply #3398 on: February 21, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3399 on: February 21, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »

could be worse mate least you watch your team play not endure it :-\

lol thats true.

no

Think id rather have bobby davro ! Seriously though he is doing well but he isnt england quality.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3400 on: February 21, 2010, 10:42:21 AM »
you do know gerrards preferred position is CM right??...you do know he's pretty good at spraying 60 yard passes as well?? playing behind the striker suits him when torres is playing due to their understanding

my preferred position is on top of a girl, however my cock is more effective with her riding on my lap. Gerrrard may prefer CM but he's more effective as a AMC/SS then other player at LFC

plus i said clinical in one on ones? did he have a one on one opportunity thursday nooooooo
N'Gog had 4/5 good shooting opportunities from 15-20 yard range on thursday, a top 4 striker should be eating those up.

and he's no good at holding the ball up but he's good at linking play??...do you think before you type...and i think the chance where he held off two players chested the ball down swivelled and volleyed showed the lad has control dosent it

holding the ball is different from linking up play.

Holding the ball up = using your strength, body and ball control to keep possession of the ball, from the opposition

Linking up play = how well you bring in your team mates around you into the game.

Strikers do both where as midfielders mainly have to link up the play, you can be good at one without being good at the other like N'Gog. N'gog has good awareness of his teammates around him, however cos of his general poor first touch and lack of upper body strength many a time he loses the ball.

yes N'gog showed good control on that occasion, but many players have better technique when they don't have time to think about what they're gonna do, instinctive technique is different from your technique when you have 3-5 seconds to think about controlling the ball. I've actually found that when controlling a ball from a pass/cross is easier to control the ball if your relaxed, rather than thinking too much about how you're gonna control the ball, if you do that it makes you nervous which happens with N'Gog. Look at Keane's goal against Arsenal last year at Emirates, he scored with an instinctive shot from a long ball, but he lacked composure and and panicked with easy one on one shots he was taking when he had time to think about how he was gonna shoot and placed the ball.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:11:22 PM by Momo »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3401 on: February 21, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »

no

Think id rather have bobby davro ! Seriously though he is doing well but he isnt england quality.

which strikers would you take to South Africa?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:40:19 AM by es-jay »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3402 on: February 21, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »

no

which strikers would you take to South Africa?

If we were to take five id go for

Rooney,
Crouch,
Defoe,
Bent,
Heskey

Invincible

« Reply #3403 on: February 21, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
I would definitely take Rooney and Defoe. The rest are a difficult choice. With Crouch's pretty decent international record (or be it against only the lesser nations) I would probably take him and maybe Carlton Cole or Darren Bent, but he's pretty much untried at international level. Agbonlahor is to inconsistent and Heskey doesn't score enough. And I woudn't take Zamora either. If Owen had of been playing well this season I would of taken him but he's been a serious disappointment so he stays at home now.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3404 on: February 21, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »
Rooney
Defoe

Then a choice between the following (depending upon who is in the best form):**
Agbonlahor
Cole
Bent
Zamora
Crouch

Wouldn't get near the plane (unless they were carrying bags):
Heskey
Owen

**I would like to see any of these players get a chance in the Friendly against Egypt in March.