Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171736 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3450 on: February 28, 2010, 10:47:09 AM »
Another trophy for the cabinet.  8)

I admit, Vidic was lucky to still be on the pitch. In the end he didn't go off and overall, United deserved to win it. Looking shaky at the back at the moment unfortunately. We need a settled defence, been changing constantly all year round. Was nice to see Evra lifting the cup as captain too as he's been by far our most consistent player this season. 

yup you definatley deserved the win.. i was a little disappointed with villa, they didnt create much at all really.. + did you see the stats for rooneys heading? scored 8 headers in the last 9 appearances and before that he only had 4 headed goals in 322 appearances thats an incredible turn around..

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3451 on: February 28, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

I admit, Vidic was lucky to still be on the pitch. In the end he didn't go off and overall, United deserved to win it. Looking shaky at the back at the moment unfortunately. We need a settled defence, been changing constantly all year round. Was nice to see Evra lifting the cup as captain too as he's been by far our most consistent player this season. 

yup you definatley deserved the win.. i was a little disappointed with villa, they didnt create much at all really.. + did you see the stats for rooneys heading? scored 8 headers in the last 9 appearances and before that he only had 4 headed goals in 322 appearances thats an incredible turn around..
:o

kemizt

Invincible

« Reply #3452 on: February 28, 2010, 03:01:47 PM »

Yer, I heard that during the match, quite incredible. Just goes to show that he just wants to keep on improving everything in his game and wants to be the best.

The funny thing is the pundits on the BBC thought he changed the game when he came on. Up until the goal, I thought he was playing garbage.  :D

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3453 on: March 01, 2010, 03:49:32 AM »
probably the wrong thread but did anyone catch the highlights of the mixed martial arts at anfield sunday??...shame they couldnt find anyone to practise on apart from footballers though

and wtf why wasnt vidic sent off...if it had been at the other end.......

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3454 on: March 01, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »
aww diddumms, did the nasty Blackburn men hurt your Liverpool player's little legs? awwww.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3455 on: March 01, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »
aww diddumms, did the nasty Blackburn men hurt your Liverpool player's little legs? awwww.

maxi has studmarks on his chest...lucas was dragged 5 yards by the throat then thrown to the ground...5 players bleeding post-match wont even go into bad tackles etc im not worried bout their legs simply the fact they ended the match with eleven players,...

then again what you expect from a team managed by 'fathead' alladyce....suppose thats why he'll never get a shot at a big job 8)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3456 on: March 01, 2010, 10:15:14 AM »
^ lol.. on the same note about dirty challenges.. what did you's think of Shawcross's tackle on Ramsey? il admit it was a little reckless but i still dont think it was a terrible challenge, it was a 50 / 50 ball they both went in.for.

Invincible

« Reply #3457 on: March 01, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
^ lol.. on the same note about dirty challenges.. what did you's think of Shawcross's tackle on Ramsey? il admit it was a little reckless but i still dont think it was a terrible challenge, it was a 50 / 50 ball they both went in.for.

I think Wenger is seriously over reacting about the challenge. Horrendous is a bit over the top. I'm not denying its a bad challenge because it is but horrendous is over doing it. It was 50/50 as you said.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3458 on: March 01, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
Lol at SaS complaining...  ::)

kemizt

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3459 on: March 02, 2010, 12:35:49 AM »
Lol at SaS complaining...  ::)

its ok when wenger does it every game tho huh?

also find it laughable that'll you'll go aww poor ramsey then try badmind me when i complain about bad tackles that could have easily broke someones leg

you and duke are acting like im making excuses for a game we lost

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:56:33 AM by StreetsAllSalute »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3460 on: March 02, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »

also find it laughable that'll you'll go aww poor ramsey then try badmind me when i complain about bad tackles that could have easily broke someones leg

Yeah but did one of your best prospects get their leg leg snapped? No, so stop complaining.

kemizt

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3461 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:10 AM »

Yeah but did one of your best prospects get their leg leg snapped? No, so stop complaining.

so anything short of snapping a players leg is allowed in the sport is it?  ::)

and as i said if you'd watched the game you'd know there was tackles that easily could of broke a leg...and if you dont dissuade those tackles they continue and lo & behold some gets their leg broke...not rocket science

also laughable you'll tell me to stop complaining about the other teams tactics when you were bitchin just laast week about porto being underhanded

wheres duke at?least i might get an intelligent response lol

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3462 on: March 03, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »

so anything short of snapping a players leg is allowed in the sport is it?  ::)

and as i said if you'd watched the game you'd know there was tackles that easily could of broke a leg...and if you dont dissuade those tackles they continue and lo & behold some gets their leg broke...not rocket science

also laughable you'll tell me to stop complaining about the other teams tactics when you were bitchin just laast week about porto being underhanded

wheres duke at?least i might get an intelligent response lol

All I'll say mate is I think hard tackles are part of the game and if you take them away you've got nothing....BUT that said I don't condone fouls and malicious challenges. I think there is a fine line and maybe one or two teams cross that line more than others but everyone does it. I accept it as part of the game, its not a pleasant tactic but its one that has proved effective for some teams in the past. The "classier and bigger" teams just need to adapt and outsmart these teams to win.

I don't agree with it, but you have to admit...its probably the only reason people like Allardyce and Blackburn are still in the premiership.

On another note, I f**king hate Allardyce. As a newcastle fan he took us backwards when he was in charge and despite what is said by hack journos he was rightly sacked by us...not because of the results, but because for a big club the brand of football he plays is totally unacceptable.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3463 on: March 05, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
I'm quite embarrased to say this but 'Come on City!!!'.

well there 3-1 up with 7 min to go, chelsea also only have only 9 men.

Excellent. Good to see Chelsea beaten at home. This is why United are still in with a chance of winning this title. Every team this season is to inconsistent. I know you have ruled them out of winning it but for me its still everything to play for.

EDIT: Oh yer, 4-1 now.  8)

It certainly helps. Arsenal are def back in it even more so if they win tonight, they have an easy run in also.

Great result today  ;D

It was, dont see you round here when city dont have such a great result.

Do 1 Norwich

How original  ::) Back to the original colours mate.

Happy 34th birthday !!

"This is how it feels to be city,
this is how it feels to be small.
This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all !"

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:20:50 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3464 on: March 05, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
Predictions for the weekend ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:20:04 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson