Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171734 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3615 on: April 06, 2010, 08:39:54 AM »
Why is Berbatov getting so much hate? I don't think he's that bad, of course Rooney and Ronaldo are much better, but that's a given. Few players are on their level. I think he's clearly better than Park and Owen and yet noone disses them like ever?

Didn't Berbatov cost like £30mill?

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3616 on: April 06, 2010, 08:47:55 AM »
Why is Berbatov getting so much hate? I don't think he's that bad, of course Rooney and Ronaldo are much better, but that's a given. Few players are on their level. I think he's clearly better than Park and Owen and yet noone disses them like ever?

Yes, but isn't United spending a lot of money for players? Especially in the past? I remember how they really overpaid us for Hargreaves.

Money in soccer fees is really inflated during the last 5 years or so, Bayern paid 30mill € for Gomez and he sure as hell isn't a true world class player.

From what I see he got much less playing time than Owen (until his injury)? And much less playing time than Park like most of the time? Does anyone really believe that Owen and Park are better players?!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3617 on: April 06, 2010, 08:47:55 AM »

Park has been excellent this season and last. He's impressed me each time I've seen him play.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3618 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »

Park has been excellent this season and last. He's impressed me each time I've seen him play.

Ok, that's cool. I haven't seen many full games of United this year so I'm just wondering what is going on. Because last week against Bayern I thought Park really sucked... but that's just one game of course
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3619 on: April 06, 2010, 08:56:02 AM »

Ok, that's cool. I haven't seen many full games of United this year so I'm just wondering what is going on. Because last week against Bayern I thought Park really sucked... but that's just one game of course

Oh yeah he was shit last week against Bayern.

Invincible

« Reply #3620 on: April 06, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »
Well, in the semi final against Arsenal last season he was amazing and the league game against them this season too. And in the last round against Milan he was everywhere causing havoc, but then again that was against a load of old farts. Unfortunately when given his chance last season against Barca he went AWOL and the last match against Bayern. I think Park's a very good player but he's a bit inconsistent.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3621 on: April 06, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »
Messi show thus far

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3622 on: April 06, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
Messi is unstoppable... true superstar, the talent the boy has is special.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #3623 on: April 06, 2010, 01:06:53 PM »
Lionel who?  wear was Messi yesterday..best player in the world ? LMAO

8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3624 on: April 06, 2010, 01:08:50 PM »

Yes, but isn't United spending a lot of money for players? Especially in the past? I remember how they really overpaid us for Hargreaves.

Money in soccer fees is really inflated during the last 5 years or so, Bayern paid 30mill € for Gomez and he sure as hell isn't a true world class player.

From what I see he got much less playing time than Owen (until his injury)? And much less playing time than Park like most of the time? Does anyone really believe that Owen and Park are better players?!

Berbatov has played a lot more than Owen, as for Park they play in two different positions so you cant compare them.

Berbatov has so much skill but doesnt apply himself correctly, its all good having a great first touch on the half way line and playing a nice ball. But if you just stand there and think what a nice ball and dont do anything that will make a difference then whats the point.

On sat berbatov had the chance to be the main man yet if the ball didnt go straight to him he made no attempt to get into space or move defenders to create space for other players. Hence why we had to keep going backwards.

Owen may technically be poor but he is always on the move trying to get space for a shot, which will increase his chance of scoring.

I like Park he uses the ball well and always works hard, you never see him complaining or feeling sorry for himself. He just gets on with it and doesnt give up.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3625 on: April 06, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »
Messi has yet to prove himself on the international level.. he's has what ..over 40 caps for Argentina, yet not one memorable game.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3626 on: April 06, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »
Messi has yet to prove himself on the international level.. he's has what ..over 40 caps for Argentina, yet not one memorable game.

how can u say that. dude is only 22, he still has his whole career infront of him to prove his international worth.. you dont see much of argentina's national squad except for the WC. so how do you know what he's played like in qualifiers and friendlys? & i can say with confidence is with whateva happens at the WC, messi is gonna be a massive player init..

you seriously talk nothing but rubbish in 98% of your posts. :loser:

Invincible

« Reply #3627 on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »
Just found out this amazing statistic.

"Lionel Messi has scored in 83 Barcelona games and they have only ever lost one - 4-3 against Atletico Madrid on 1 March, 2009"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3628 on: April 06, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
Kinda happy I didn't get to see the game today - oh well.

kemizt

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3629 on: April 06, 2010, 01:54:02 PM »
Just found out this amazing statistic.

"Lionel Messi has scored in 83 Barcelona games and they have only ever lost one - 4-3 against Atletico Madrid on 1 March, 2009"

unbelievable record  :rubeyes: