Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171702 times)

Jome

Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3765 on: April 28, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
thats what I call anti-football. Typical italians, although they started without 1 italian.

Yeah, anti-football indeed, they didn't even attempt to play football, they were gunning for back-heels, and rolled over on every occasion.
But #1 roll-over is Busquets though, what a fuckin lil bitch..

I don't even know if I will despise Inter for their 10-11 men behind the ball anti-football, rolling over and wasting time all the time, or...
if I'm gonna praise them for a near flawless defensive game, engineered by the tactical genius that is Jose Mourinho.. if a football team defends poorly, this is the game they should watch 10 times over and over, it was like a brick-wall back there, it was "How to defend a lead - advanced edition".

Lunatic

« Reply #3766 on: April 28, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
I hate Italian clubs and Italian football but Lol at some of these responses.

They have a two goal lead in Spain and get a man sent off (who should have never been sent off anyways) less than half an hour in...what do u expect them to do? Put on a 3-4-3 formation and attack attack attack? They played absolute beautiful defense. The fact that Barca had a man advantage at home and couldn't score until 83 minutes in is quite impressive on Inter's part.

Y'all talkin' about the goal blown off for Barca near the end? It was a clear hand ball and the ref made the right decision.

Lol at "rolled over on every occasion" - I'd say Barca's attempts to win a penalty (plenty diving) was way worse than any Inter diving antics this match.

This was beautiful, flawless defense and change of tactic/strategy by a wonderful coach, Jose Mourinho.

Go on Inter, they deserved it and they will beat Bayern.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3767 on: April 28, 2010, 03:11:01 PM »
Nobody should be praised for playing the way Inter played today.
They played absolute beautiful defense.

Y'all talkin' about the goal blown off for Barca near the end? It was a clear hand ball and the ref made the right decision.

Beautiful defense? Those two words does not match.

Handball? What's Touré suppose to do when he clearly got shot in the hand/arm at close range. That's not a handball.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #3768 on: April 28, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
It was flawless defense. This is different imo than a team just parking the team bus behind the ball. A team like Barca (especially a player like Messi) can normally break this down, they had no answer today for Inter's defense - Lucio was especially phenomenal, shutting down Messi time and time again.

That handball was a good call imo. I understand the rules but I feel this was still the right call to make.

Jome

« Reply #3769 on: April 28, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »
Sorry Luna, but the more I read your opinions about Football, the more I think you should stick with hockey.. no offense.  :P

You're talking like Inter actually tried to attack before they got a red card, but on the contrary they played the same anti-football, and was more interested in chopping down Barca-players, and chopping the game up, they basically tried to kill the game to avoid any football being played.. "rolled over on any occasion" holds weight, Lucio, Chivu, Maicon, and a couple of others went down how many times? Did they need any medical assistance, or did they even limp or get an actual knock?

Dani Alves & Busquets are both a disgrace with their diving antics, but Inter was even worse.. (except it didn't get anybody sent off).. and it was so cynical as well, it was perfectly timed each time Barca started to get the ball rolling..
And like K-Dub said, that's not a handball, he had the hand in front of his stomach.. but many refs will make that call, I've seen worse decisions.

The only thing I agree with you, is that it was a perfect defensive showcase by Inter, masterminded by Mourinho.. but don't tell me they tried to play football today.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3770 on: April 28, 2010, 03:34:44 PM »
Sorry Luna, but the more I read your opinions about Football, the more I think you should stick with hockey.. no offense.  :P

You're talking like Inter actually tried to attack before they got a red card, but on the contrary they played the same anti-football, and was more interested in chopping down Barca-players, and chopping the game up, they basically tried to kill the game to avoid any football being played.. "rolled over on any occasion" holds weight, Lucio, Chivu, Maicon, and a couple of others went down how many times? Did they need any medical assistance, or did they even limp or get an actual knock?

Dani Alves & Busquets are both a disgrace with their diving antics, but Inter was even worse.. (except it didn't get anybody sent off).. and it was so cynical as well, it was perfectly timed each time Barca started to get the ball rolling..
And like K-Dub said, that's not a handball, he had the hand in front of his stomach.. but many refs will make that call, I've seen worse decisions.

The only thing I agree with you, is that it was a perfect defensive showcase by Inter, masterminded by Mourinho.. but
don't tell me they tried to play football today.

Exactly

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #3771 on: April 28, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »

The only thing I agree with you, is that it was a perfect defensive showcase by Inter, masterminded by Mourinho.. but don't tell me they tried to play football today.

Hockey is far from my favorite sport  :P  I just don't think it's fair to label it "anti-football" in the first place. Sure they played defense all game but it was strategic and it's not out of the ordinary for any team (not just Italian) to do in this situation; It only made more sense to keep it up after they got a man sent off. Yes they dived but Barca did too, I think it's unfair to say Inter dived way more than Barca - yes, a bit more, but not like it paled in comparison to Barca's dive attempts imo.

Many refs make that call and I think will and should continue to do so. It's unfortunate for Toure his hand was there, if the football God's were on his side, it could have hit his knee or stomach/chest lol.

Perfect defensive showcase masterminded by Jose indeed.

Lunatic

« Reply #3772 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Oh and for the record, I believe Pique was a tad offside on his goal.

But what a beautiful touch and turn to fool the defense and catch Cesar on the ground.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3773 on: April 28, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »
Ok, hold on. I'm seriously begin to question some comments here. Anti football ? First of all, Inter schooled Barca in the first game with offensive game, not defensive (bar the last 15 minutes). And what exactly do you expect from a team that has 10 player, plays with an opponent that is chasing a 2 goal lead, that opponent is Barcelona and they have the home court. Anybody that wouldn't play like Inter did today is a complete retard and has no tactical sense whatsoever and definitely won't win any championships.

As far as that handball goes, it's always a close call with the reefs. It was a handball but it was unintentional but it did effect the game course...Even if you count it, Pique goal (amazing play) was a clear offside.

Lunatic

« Reply #3774 on: April 28, 2010, 05:38:45 PM »
^ EXACTLY. Straight co signing everything I said - and nice touch bringing up Inter schooling Barca in an offensive game in the first leg.

Keep calling my football comments average but I ain't the only one saying it all  :P lol

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3775 on: April 28, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
I hate Italian clubs and Italian football but Lol at some of these responses.

They have a two goal lead in Spain and get a man sent off (who should have never been sent off anyways) less than half an hour in...what do u expect them to do? Put on a 3-4-3 formation and attack attack attack? They played absolute beautiful defense. The fact that Barca had a man advantage at home and couldn't score until 83 minutes in is quite impressive on Inter's part.

Lol at "rolled over on every occasion" - I'd say Barca's attempts to win a penalty (plenty diving) was way worse than any Inter diving antics this match.

This was beautiful, flawless defense and change of tactic/strategy by a wonderful coach, Jose Mourinho.

Go on Inter, they deserved it and they will beat Bayern.

I actually agree with all of that except the fact that I have no idea how you can say it was a clear handball when they even showed full replays proving it hit him in the chest!

But I fucking hate the term anti-football. Its a term that people who can't score use to hide the fact that they were outsmarted and couldnt break down a team's resolve. Its a horrendous excuse and defence is just as much a part of football as attacking. They had an ambition for the game and they met their goals. Great by Inter and they deserve to be in the final.

Also, the Barca goal being chalked off for me is cancelled out by the fact Busquets clearly cheated to get Thiago sent off thus giving Barca one extra man for over an hour of play. If anything Inter were more hard done by as Barca cheated.

Inter to win the final in a close encounter 1-0.

Lunatic

« Reply #3776 on: April 28, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
I actually agree with all of that except the fact that I have no idea how you can say it was a clear handball when they even showed full replays proving it hit him in the chest!

But I fucking hate the term anti-football. Its a term that people who can't score use to hide the fact that they were outsmarted and couldnt break down a team's resolve. Its a horrendous excuse and defence is just as much a part of football as attacking. They had an ambition for the game and they met their goals. Great by Inter and they deserve to be in the final.

Also, the Barca goal being chalked off for me is cancelled out by the fact Busquets clearly cheated to get Thiago sent off thus giving Barca one extra man for over an hour of play. If anything Inter were more hard done by as Barca cheated.

Inter to win the final in a close encounter 1-0.
I dunno, I think it was pretty clear it hit him in the hand...

Exactly, anti football is indeed a stupid term. Playing defense or not, it is extremely difficult to not get broken down by an offensive team like Barca for nearly 90 minutes like Inter did today - that is beautiful defense.

Jome

« Reply #3777 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
Well, I didn't see the first game, so I can not comment on that, but anti-football is indeed a legit term.

Anti-football:

• Using every man on your team in defence - 10-11 men behind the ball at all times. (Could be justified if the team at least tries to counter or score themselves)
  • Using ONLY defensive players on the field. (Eto'o & Milito could have been replaced with 2 centre-backs, and nobody would notice)
  • Making no effort what-so-ever to attack, get any play going, or in anyway counter, or threaten the opponents goal.
  • Fouling the opponent more than actual tackling. Going for heels, pushing/grabbing shirts, obstructing - as an actual gameplan!
  • Chopping up the game by acting injured and falling over at times when the opponent starts to get intimidating by playing actual football. (It could be argued that it's not a big deal if done the last 10 minutes, but over 90 minutes?)

If this isn't anti-football, then you haven't played enough Football yourself to comment..
You can play a perfect defensive game without resorting to anti-football, anti-football is more douchebaggery than football.. that said, if Inter really was that much better in the first game, then it's deserved.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3778 on: April 28, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
Well, I didn't see the first game, so I can not comment on that, but anti-football is indeed a legit term.

Anti-football:

• Using every man on your team in defence - 10-11 men behind the ball at all times. (Could be justified if the team at least tries to counter or score themselves)
  • Using ONLY defensive players on the field. (Eto'o & Milito could have been replaced with 2 centre-backs, and nobody would notice)
  • Making no effort what-so-ever to attack, get any play going, or in anyway counter, or threaten the opponents goal.
  • Fouling the opponent more than actual tackling. Going for heels, pushing/grabbing shirts, obstructing - as an actual gameplan!
  • Chopping up the game by acting injured and falling over at times when the opponent starts to get intimidating by playing actual football. (It could be argued that it's not a big deal if done the last 10 minutes, but over 90 minutes?)

If this isn't anti-football, then you haven't played enough Football yourself to comment..
You can play a perfect defensive game without resorting to anti-football, anti-football is more douchebaggery than football.. that said, if Inter really was that much better in the first game, then it's deserved.

What a load of bollocks. Anti-football is a word created by attacking teams who have failed in their goal because a defensive team has stopped them from running riot like usual.

And please, don't ever say I've not played enough football. As a lifelong Newcastle United fan, season ticket holder and sunday league footballer who has played football every week for over a decade at a competitive level I find that insulting. Try to construct a valid argument, don't resort to insults.

Jome

« Reply #3779 on: April 28, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
^^ Wasn't aimed at you, more in general.
Look at the list again, anti-football is more about avoiding any football being played, than anything.