Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171709 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3960 on: July 05, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »
David Silva signs for City  ;D

Wow your alive ! I was concerned after the league cup semi final you had gone and done something silly as your appeared to have vanished.

This is just like last summer "City have bought (enter foreign mercenary/over rated/priced Englishman)" .

Looks like more expectation to result in dissapointment again.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:23:41 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3961 on: July 05, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »

Wow your alive ! I was concerned after the league cup semi final you had gone and done something silly as your appeared to have vanished.

This is just like last summer "City have bought (enter foreign mercenary/over rated/priced Englishman)" .

Haha, yeah, Donnely isn't very active 'cept when City wins or does some crazy signing..

kemizt

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3962 on: July 06, 2010, 12:43:54 AM »

Hahaha bring on the hate Im loving it, little old City

United dont buy the league though do they and Wayne Rooney was a life long United fan

I see your still keeping the Norwich campaign going, and I dont come on here much because I think Hip Hop today is shite so i just pop on here now and again. Stop getting mad because u cant buy anyone and ya club is fucked, you wanted Silva for years it was 1 of the biggest topics on the United forum. Now he's signed for us he is shit blah blah blah

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3963 on: July 06, 2010, 01:28:31 AM »

Berbatov

bez

« Reply #3964 on: July 06, 2010, 05:33:49 AM »
Anyone who knows anything about football will know that the Bundesliga is so far advantaced compared to the Premiership. They have it sorted in German.

Elano

« Reply #3965 on: July 06, 2010, 05:46:48 AM »
Anyone who knows anything about football will know that the Bundesliga is so far advantaced compared to the Premiership. They have it sorted in German.

only 2 teams are advanced,3 this year.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3966 on: July 07, 2010, 05:34:13 AM »

In terms of infrastructure and organisation, yes. On the pitch, not yet.

However, I think the Bundesliga has the potential to rival the English, Spanish & Italian leagues within the next two or three seasons.

Elano

« Reply #3967 on: July 07, 2010, 05:50:41 AM »

United dont buy the league though do they and Wayne Rooney was a life long United fan

I see your still keeping the Norwich campaign going, and I dont come on here much because I think Hip Hop today is shite so i just pop on here now and again. Stop getting mad because u cant buy anyone and ya club is fucked, you wanted Silva for years it was 1 of the biggest topics on the United forum. Now he's signed for us he is shit blah blah blah

;D 8)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #3968 on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:39 AM »

However, I think the Bundesliga has the potential to rival the English, Spanish & Italian leagues within the next two or three seasons.

It's pretty certain that we get the 4th spot in 2012, we'll surpass the Italian league next year. However, we only have one team that can compete in the CL. But let the Spanish and English teams continue their crazy game, some day a few teams'll have to pay the price for this, but obviously not the big ones like Madrid or Barca. ::) There are only 2 alternatives: a salary cup or the City/Chelski way. I'd rather have a healthy national league.

Elano

« Reply #3969 on: July 07, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »
MESUT OZIL has hinted he would consider a move to England — if Chelsea or Manchester United came calling.

The Werder Bremen midfielder has been one of the stars of the World Cup as Germany's young side have stormed their way to the semi-finals.

But with just a year left on his contract, Ozil is weighing up his options after attracting attention from some of Europe's biggest clubs.

And the 21-year-old revealed a move to Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford would be most appealing to him.

He said: "The Premier League is a great league and teams like Chelsea and Manchester United are very strong.

"While the World Cup is on, I won't think about my future — but La Liga and the Premier League have teams where you can win the best trophies.

"I just need time to think. This is about the next three or four years, my future."

bez

« Reply #3970 on: July 07, 2010, 02:01:28 PM »

Thats what I meant.

Elano

« Reply #3971 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:18 AM »
SHAY GIVEN has warned Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini he must start winning trophies - or he'll be in real trouble.

The Eastlands keeper revealed Mancini is under huge pressure to deliver silverware to repay the £200million spent on players by City's Arab owners.

The squad has been boosted by a £60m summer spree to lure David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng.

And more cash is expected to be splashed with England midfielder James Milner on the wanted list.

Given said: "We're at the point where the club has invested so much and the manager understands and knows that the pressure is on to get results and trophies.

"City have the backing to challenge the top teams in England and even in Europe in years to come.

"I don't want to say we are going into the league to finish fourth.

"We are going in to win it and if we don't, the next thing will be the top four.

"But with our squad, we've got to be looking to challenge Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal."

Too many top stars can bring problems but Given believes everyone will pull in the same direction.

He said: "When you train and play with the likes of Carlos Tevez and Silva, it can only help you. Players improve their game in training.

"The headache will come for the manager when he has to pick 11. But I'd rather have a big squad than a thin one."

And Given knows the knives are out as City try to buy the title.

He added: "A lot of people are jealous because they'd love to have the backing City have. That's human nature.

"But I was at Blackburn when people said they bought the title. Yes, they bought some quality players like Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton.

"But they also had a nucleus of good squad players."

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3972 on: July 08, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »

I aint mad at all dont know why you would think that, its strange how you on pop on when city do something. You on here frequently before the league cup semi final but then when you lose you vanish. If united lose im more than happy to still come on here post my thoughts and take what ever stick comes with it. This is the sports section you dont need to look at the hip hop if it doesnt appeal to you.

Why do you lurk on United forums, i wouldnt be seen dead on blue moon.

Cant say i was ever interested in Silva and arent particularly bothered by the fact he has signed for city. He is clearly not shit but citys scatter gun approach to signings driven by huge wages dont exactly consititute stability. The giddy metre must be out of control at eastlands at the moment, just like when Robinho signed and kaka........oh wait.

As for spending here is 1992-present (start of prem league)

Net Spend 92 - 2010 Purchased               Sold                 Nett              Per Season 

1 Chelsea               £563,340,000   £191,875,000    £371,465,000        £19,550,789 
  2 Manchester City   £444,110,000   £102,553,000    £341,557,000        £17,976,684 
  3 Liverpool            £418,555,000   £222,620,000     £195,935,000       £10,312,368 
  4 Tottenham       £383,550,000    £200,717,500    £182,832,500        £9,622,763 
  5 Aston Villa         £253,240,000   £111,225,000    £142,015,000        £7,474,474 
  6 Manchester United £419,350,000 £290,440,000  £128,910,000        £6,784,737
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:56:26 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3973 on: July 09, 2010, 01:10:16 AM »
Who said I lurk on United forums?? That fact was posted on Bluemoon

No matter what you say United have been buying the league for years, just like Chelsea. Now everyone is spitting there dummy out because little old City are doing it.
Well I dont give a fuck.
And your right you probably wasnt intrested in Silva
Why would you be when you have an ageing squad and no money to buy players.

But you have got Owen Hargreaves coming back.........oh wait
 ;D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3974 on: July 12, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
Any team that spends over £250 million in three years and STILL doesnt even get into the Champions League can't be THAT happy with how things are going.

Silva is a good signing. Yaya Toure not so much when you already have a player like Nigel de Jong who does the same job for less wages at the same quality. Toure losing his spot at Barca to arguably Barca's worst player in Sergio Busquets says it all about how much Yaya Toure was valued in the grand scheme of things at Barca.

I actually like City, my girl's father is a City fan and I will always have an affinity with them for that link, going to see games with him and so on, but their problem is that by and large, the majority of these great players theyre signing are nothing more than whining, selfish mercenaries who for their bad behaviour and lack of focus or work ethic have been sold by their various teams. Adebayor, Bellamy, Robinho, Y.Toure, even players like Lescott, Gareth Barry and Santa Cruz were hated by the end by their respective clubs because of their disrespect and lack of professionalism to their former clubs when they tried to force their move.

Silva is a genuinely good signing for once and might, JUST MIGHT, help them breach the gap and get into the top 4, but that squad you have will NEVER EVER gel and work together properly or do as well as they seem like they would on paper. Too many egos to juggle. No manager could handle that all at once. Not least a softly spoken niceguy like Mancini.

Once they do gel of course, they'll be unstoppable, but until they get it right they'll continue to fail in breaching the gap between them and the true big clubs of this world.