Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 172230 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4185 on: December 12, 2010, 07:12:28 AM »
lol at Woy Hodgson

Elano

« Reply #4186 on: December 12, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
tottenham chelsea 1-1  :(

Invincible

« Reply #4187 on: December 12, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »
tottenham chelsea 1-1  :(

Great result.  8)

That's if we win tomorrow though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:34:55 PM by Invincible »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4188 on: December 12, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
tottenham chelsea 1-1  :(

Great result.  8)

That's if we win tomorrow though.

kemizt

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4189 on: December 13, 2010, 09:30:35 AM »
 :raisetheroof:

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4190 on: December 13, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »
is it just me that thinks Blackburn owners are retarded? and Newcastle for that matter. was really surprised at both Allardyce and Hughton getting the sack
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:20:37 PM by Get It Off Ya Chest »

Invincible

« Reply #4191 on: December 13, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
Good performance by United tonight. Made Arsenal look very ordinary. Arsenal didn't have 1 clear cut chance all game. Got a bit worried when Roon missed the penalty but I was confident we could see it through to the end.

Anderson has been looking real good recently. Would like to see some more goals out of him though. Park must love playing against Arsenal.

2 points clear now and a victory against Chelsea this weekend would put us in a great position and we still have a game in hand.  8)

Great result.  8)

;D

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #4192 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06:09 AM »
Good performance by United tonight. Made Arsenal look very ordinary. Arsenal didn't have 1 clear cut chance all game. Got a bit worried when Roon missed the penalty but I was confident we could see it through to the end.

Anderson has been looking real good recently. Would like to see some more goals out of him though. Park must love playing against Arsenal.

2 points clear now and a victory against Chelsea this weekend would put us in a great position and we still have a game in hand.  8)

Great result.  8)

;D

Yeah, good result...I think Arsenal is missing something important, that's why they can't be considered real title contenders....they hang in the top every year for a while but then they start slipping....and yeah, Ando has been great, brings something different to the midfield, very energetic, even though he can't play the whole game....

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4193 on: December 16, 2010, 02:02:53 PM »
who is bale the game i seen him play the other day he couldnt put a penalty shot in :-X

He's just a half-decent winger Spurs have that has been masturbated over by the press because:

a. he had one great game vs Inter Milan in front of TV cameras.
b. he plays for a London club and the press are desperate to big them up over any other club for whatever reason.

fuckin hell, sour much? The fact is bale broke into the tottenham side back in January last year, he was a key player in our push for 4th. Remember he scored big goals in back to back wins against arsenal and Chelsea including the winner. His overal improvement in the last year is incredible and he rightly deserves the praise he's been unstoppable all season.

And LOL about the press being desperate to big up London club players, wat a load of crap. 

True, but the thing is, I don't know why he's sour about it. I thought he was a Newcastle fan.  ???

exactly, why would I be bitter about Spurs? completely unrelated club to mine (which has fucked itself up from the inside today btw but lets not get into that).

Are you seriously denying the fact that the press, entirely based in London, don't favour London clubs? Seriously? Thats pretty much industry standard knowledge.

For example, Darren Bent at Spurs...only needed to simply start regularly for Spurs to get in the England squad. Darren Bent at Sunderland is the highest scoring English striker over the last two seasons so far...still left out of the england squads all the time. Thats not an isolated example aswell. This is because the media coverage gives more shine to London teams' players.

LOL are you joking about darren bent?? thats your example? the reason why bent go so much press was because he was an half decent player who we stupidly spent £16.5 million on, and who never lived up to his price tag.. he scored only 25 goals in all competitions in 2 seasons at us, which isnt a great return given the price..
you talk about england but yet, his only been cap'd 7 times and has scored just 1 goal, and that was in september this year.. the reason he doesnt get into the side is because he simply isnt an england quality striker.. nothing to do with media influence  :loser:

Darren Bent has scored more goals in the last two seasons than any other current English player working in football today. So he's not an england quality striker then? Okay. What does he have to do....

Find me a player that has scored more goals than him in recent seasons. You won't be able to because there isn't one.

Remember this is coming from a toon fan who fucking hates Sunderland also. You have to be completely out of tune to suggest Darren Bent can't appear for England looking at his track record throughout his entire career. Even his time at Spurs where you yourself mention 25 goals in two seasons....thats poor for the price tag but its still 12-13 a season - IN HIS WORST SEASONS OF HIS CAREER. Thats an impressive track record.

Its entirely about what club you play for. A player like Jermaine Jenas for example, couldnt get many caps at newcastle (and didn't deserve any...he's shit), suddenly he moves to London and he's always in the squad for that period he was a starter. Only one difference. Wake up, mate. This is common knowledge.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4194 on: December 16, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »

Great result.  8)

;D

That Man Utd Arsenal game had more missed passes and poor performances than almost every other premiership game this season. Man utd didn't perform well at all. They were poor. They won because Arsenal were horrific. The game didn't deserve a goal. It was so bad both teams should have agreed about 20mins in to not put the fans through so much horror.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4195 on: December 18, 2010, 06:31:09 AM »
Quality wise the game against arsenal was poor, but its all about the result.

Its easy to play against arsenal if you can defend, there pretty predictable.

Id have darren bent in the england team for sure.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #4196 on: December 26, 2010, 10:47:02 PM »
hey kuruption.....Man utd 37 Man City 35  8)

Invincible

« Reply #4197 on: December 27, 2010, 04:51:32 AM »
hey kuruption.....Man utd 37 Man City 35  8)

United have 2 games in hand on them.  :laugh:

Elano

« Reply #4198 on: December 28, 2010, 10:21:58 PM »
birmingham manchester united 1 - 1  ;D

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #4199 on: December 29, 2010, 06:02:10 AM »
birmingham manchester united 1 - 1  ;D

Yeah, and not the first time this season that we can't kill the game and we concede in the last minutes...gutted....