Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171720 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4215 on: January 10, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »
Crazy that it was actually a stevenage fan that did it.

It was an embarrassing loss for my toon army to be fair, but I really couldnt give a fuck. We've not won a trophy for 50 years and with the team we have now we werent going to change that so not too fussed about going out...just wish it wasn't to a league two side!

Its all about the north east derby next weekend. Battered the dirty mackems 5-1 at our place so i'm fairly confident despite their home form that we can get at the very least a draw.

In other news, the Man Utd/Liverpool game was interesting. 12 men on 11 men. Its the new way to play football apparently.

yeah theres always some major upsets in the 3/4 rounds of the fa cup, which is what makes it such a good competition.. i dont think the newcastle loss was that embrassing compared to there being no side from the north east in the 4th round, bit of an alarming stat.
I thought the utd/pool game was pretty boring on the whole, scousers are just lucky they have Reina still, my favourite keeper in the league. that little passage of play where he made like 4/5 saves in the space of 10 seconds was awesome. LOL @ Ngog, there cant be a more useless striker in the whole premier league can there?

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #4216 on: January 11, 2011, 05:27:56 AM »
LOL @ Ngog, there cant be a more useless striker in the whole premier league can there?

There might be some, but Ngog is definetly on the top of the pile  ;D  :D

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4217 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »
LOL @ Ngog, there cant be a more useless striker in the whole premier league can there?

exactly. i work with a die hard liverpool supporter and at the start of the season i bet him £20 that Ngog wouldnt get 6 Prem league goals all season, so far he's hit 2 lol, and the 1st was on the 1st game of the season, hahaha  ;D im pretty confident ill win.

also video footage of the stevenage punch  :-X

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A2qNnHsxq6g?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A2qNnHsxq6g?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #4218 on: January 11, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »

exactly. i work with a die hard liverpool supporter and at the start of the season i bet him £20 that Ngog wouldnt get 6 Prem league goals all season, so far he's hit 2 lol, and the 1st was on the 1st game of the season, hahaha  ;D im pretty confident ill win.

also video footage of the stevenage punch  :-X

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A2qNnHsxq6g?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A2qNnHsxq6g?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Well for his lil' defence, he scored a couple at the europa league, but overall he's useless....and that puch is nasty!

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4219 on: January 11, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
i think i may have rushed into my comeback post ;D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4220 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

to be fair to Liverpool, they played every inch as good as Man Utd for large periods of the game, and with 10 men defended admirably. Especially when the red card wasnt a red card and the penalty wasn't a penalty. If Webb had got the big decisions right on the day we might be looking at a different scoreline.

Invincible

« Reply #4221 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

to be fair to Liverpool, they played every inch as good as Man Utd for large periods of the game, and with 10 men defended admirably. Especially when the red card wasnt a red card and the penalty wasn't a penalty. If Webb had got the big decisions right on the day we might be looking at a different scoreline.

Seriously, was we watching the same game? No doubting it wasn't a penalty, Berbs went down extremely easily, but then Gerrard has done it enough in the past so I won't go on any longer. Liverpool played just as bad as they've been playing before that. They created 0 clear cut chances. And how can you say that wasn't a red card? Off the ground with 2 feet, which by the rules is a red card offence.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4222 on: January 11, 2011, 02:41:23 PM »

Seriously, was we watching the same game? No doubting it wasn't a penalty, Berbs went down extremely easily, but then Gerrard has done it enough in the past so I won't go on any longer. Liverpool played just as bad as they've been playing before that. They created 0 clear cut chances. And how can you say that wasn't a red card? Off the ground with 2 feet, which by the rules is a red card offence.

yeah man, players know the law about two footed tackles.. gerrards was a clear red card.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4223 on: January 11, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »
Gerrard's tackle was not a red card, it had no intent and wasn't dangerous. The sending off was, quite frankly, ludicrous, as was Cheik Tiote's sending off in the Newcastle/Stevenage game, which was actually one of the tackles of the season.

Also, I never said Liverpool created chances, I said they played well defensively and stopped 11 men of an almost unbeaten team at home scoring a single goal in open play against themselves, a team in tatters with awful form and average squad quality. That cannot be denied. They didnt create any other chances, no. But if we're all in agreement that the penalty wasn't a penalty, and that was the only goal...then you Man Utd fans can't exactly claim that it was a deserved victory can you?

Invincible

« Reply #4224 on: January 11, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
Gerrard's tackle was not a red card, it had no intent and wasn't dangerous. The sending off was, quite frankly, ludicrous, as was Cheik Tiote's sending off in the Newcastle/Stevenage game, which was actually one of the tackles of the season.

Also, I never said Liverpool created chances, I said they played well defensively and stopped 11 men of an almost unbeaten team at home scoring a single goal in open play against themselves, a team in tatters with awful form and average squad quality. That cannot be denied. They didnt create any other chances, no. But if we're all in agreement that the penalty wasn't a penalty, and that was the only goal...then you Man Utd fans can't exactly claim that it was a deserved victory can you?

The fact you said they played every inch as good as United tells me you think they attacked as well as United did. Fair enough on the last comment but we created far more chances than they did. Reina had to make about 5 saves in quick succession and we hit the post, On balance of play we deserved to win but that counts for shit.

The red card, the law is the law, that can't be done on the football pitch. I'm not being biased. As you can see, I agreed about the penalty.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4225 on: January 12, 2011, 04:10:25 PM »

The fact you said they played every inch as good as United tells me you think they attacked as well as United did. Fair enough on the last comment but we created far more chances than they did. Reina had to make about 5 saves in quick succession and we hit the post, On balance of play we deserved to win but that counts for shit.

The red card, the law is the law, that can't be done on the football pitch. I'm not being biased. As you can see, I agreed about the penalty.

You did create more chances, but Pepe Reina saving those chances kind of takes away any feeling of deserving of the win, because as you say, balance of play is nothing if you don't convert, which you didnt. It still took a bad penalty decision to win it. Not that Man Utd fans should care. A win is a win.

Liverpool are going from bad to worse, loss away to Blackpool as the tangerines do the double on them. It will take YEARS for Liverpool to be anywhere near where they were two seasons back. The team is a shell.

bez

« Reply #4226 on: January 15, 2011, 08:00:52 AM »

you really are an idiot if you think that was not a red card.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4227 on: January 15, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »

you really are an idiot if you think that was not a red card.

BREAKING NEWS: Everton fan in biased opinion against Liverpool SHOCKER!!!!!

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #4228 on: January 15, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
That tackle was nasty, red card in my opinion....BUT...if Webb would have given yellow, I would have understood that too...in game everything happens so fast, you have to make big decisions in big games....Webb decided to give a red card....

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4229 on: January 16, 2011, 02:44:55 AM »
Tevez was the difference for Man City yesterday. We nearly pulled off a comeback but oh well.

btw, that Gerrard tackle is something top players normally get away with a yellow card at most (Scholes lol). Two footed, off the ground tackles when playing for Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn etc will get you sent off no doubt.