Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 173425 times)

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4260 on: February 08, 2011, 02:51:39 PM »
Cech is no more the great goalkeeper of a couple of years ago.....Meireles goal is 90% his fault
Hasnt been the same since Stephen Hunt done him in IMO. Chelsea need a new keeper  :-\

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4261 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »
LOLOL @ Arsenal, made my whole weekend that did  ;D

on a random thing, check out kevin muscats red card, fuckin awful challenge (dunno why the link wont embed tho)

As some of you will know Muscat was notorious for this sort of thing when at Wolves, his most famous victims being Craig Bellamy and Dennis Bergkamp.
Funnily enough, his only red card in over 180 appearances for us was for deliberate handball ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #4262 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
A few things.

Albeit friendlies, I'm excited for 3 of tomorrow's matches. France V Brazil, Italy V Germany and of course, Portugal V Argentina.

Portugal will be without starting CB's Carvalho & Pepe. Alves & Rolando will start and it is quite a luxury to have such players as 3rd and 4th string CB's. It balances out as Argentina will be without Tevez, Higuain, Aguero and Milito up front. At least Ronaldo & Messi are both healthy and set to start.

My boy Raul Meireles has been on a roll since Danglish took over. 4 goals in 5 games. He's been playing more of an offensive role instead of DM (his role at Porto and for Portugal). I hope Portugal tries him tomorrow a bit more up front, but then again, he is phenomenal for us in DM, not sure we can afford to lose him there.

My FC Porto are on a roll. 18 league games, 16 wins, 2 draws, no losses. Albeit the Portuguese league (which isn't AS bad as most think), that is still impressive. We've made some phenomenal signings this month and I'm excited for a much deserved return to CL next year. There is no way we blow the league title at this rate. I'm also excited for the upcoming match up versus Sevilla in Europa.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4263 on: February 08, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
A few things.

Albeit friendlies, I'm excited for 3 of tomorrow's matches. France V Brazil, Italy V Germany and of course, Portugal V Argentina.

Portugal will be without starting CB's Carvalho & Pepe. Alves & Rolando will start and it is quite a luxury to have such players as 3rd and 4th string CB's. It balances out as Argentina will be without Tevez, Higuain, Aguero and Milito up front. At least Ronaldo & Messi are both healthy and set to start.

My boy Raul Meireles has been on a roll since Danglish took over. 4 goals in 5 games. He's been playing more of an offensive role instead of DM (his role at Porto and for Portugal). I hope Portugal tries him tomorrow a bit more up front, but then again, he is phenomenal for us in DM, not sure we can afford to lose him there.

My FC Porto are on a roll. 18 league games, 16 wins, 2 draws, no losses. Albeit the Portuguese league (which isn't AS bad as most think), that is still impressive. We've made some phenomenal signings this month and I'm excited for a much deserved return to CL next year. There is no way we blow the league title at this rate. I'm also excited for the upcoming match up versus Sevilla in Europa.

you misspelt Dalglish :nawty:

meireles is having a good run of form the tactics suit him and he's being played in his correct position which helps

cant wait to get suarez and carroll into this team tbh

i

Lunatic

« Reply #4264 on: February 08, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
A few things.

you misspelt Dalglish :nawty:

meireles is having a good run of form the tactics suit him and he's being played in his correct position which helps

cant wait to get suarez and carroll into this team tbh

i
Oops, my apologies.

I've always liked Meireles. Always been underrated IMO. Good shot from distance, excellent tackler in the midfield and sneaky when it comes to getting into good scoring positions. If he does lack, its in his play making ability when it comes to him quickly getting the ball from midfield to the up front guys, its 50/50. Passing can be off at times.

Denmark-England should be a good match too.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:41:11 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4265 on: February 09, 2011, 02:46:38 AM »
My only criticism of Meireles is his tendency to duck out of tackles which were 70:30 in his favour. He gets knocked off the ball too easily as well.

Class player tho.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #4266 on: February 09, 2011, 03:08:32 AM »
LOLOL @ Arsenal, made my whole weekend that did  ;D

on a random thing, check out kevin muscats red card, fuckin awful challenge (dunno why the link wont embed tho)

Muscats always been a filthy bastard, i seem to remember a few hair-raising challenges during his season at rangers

^^always makes me laugh

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4267 on: February 09, 2011, 10:40:25 AM »
cant wait for the match tonight.italy is getting their ass whooped  8)
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4268 on: February 09, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »
My only criticism of Meireles is his tendency to duck out of tackles which were 70:30 in his favour. He gets knocked off the ball too easily as well.

Class player tho.

he trains wiith the Greek that is understandable ;D

heres a question lucas leiva rate or hate??

Invincible

« Reply #4269 on: February 09, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »

Class player tho.

he trains wiith the Greek that is understandable ;D

heres a question lucas leiva rate or hate??

Don't rate him or hate him. He's just a very average player.

Elano

« Reply #4270 on: February 10, 2011, 12:50:06 AM »

:nahnah:

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4271 on: February 10, 2011, 01:30:14 AM »

:nahnah:

:laugh:

We jus can't win against Italy, but fuck it. It was just a meaningless friendly anyway.

But Germany will be even stronger in the future. Neuer is already world class, Hummels will be one of the best defenders in a few years, Özil, Müller, Götze etc So many talented players. Germanys future looks brighter than ever! As soon as Spain shows a weakness Germany will be there...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4272 on: February 10, 2011, 01:44:30 AM »

;)

kemizt

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4273 on: February 10, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »

;)
whats your point what did messi do play a full 90 and score a penalty kick :-X

Invincible

« Reply #4274 on: February 10, 2011, 04:13:49 PM »

;)
whats your point what did messi do play a full 90 and score a penalty kick :-X

I think it's pretty darn obvious. Ronaldo, who is known for his strength in the air and is 6 inches taller, was outjumped by little Messi. Can you not see the funny side of this?