Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171667 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4725 on: October 12, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
Its a shame none of the other British countries made it to the Euro's, I want to see Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland in a major tournement. I suppose it would be nice if Ireland got in through the play offs, thats a nice friendly rivalry too (In football terms of course, not politically in historical terms).

fuck scotland and fuck andy murray. i hope they never reach a major tournament again...

Rep of Ireland made it into the play off's, i hope they make it through after that sham against france last time. Thierry "cheating bastard" Henry.

Lunatic

« Reply #4726 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »
Rep of Ireland made it into the play off's, i hope they make it through after that sham against france last time. Thierry "cheating bastard" Henry.
That's why I'm hoping Portugal avoid Ireland..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4727 on: October 13, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »
Its a shame none of the other British countries made it to the Euro's, I want to see Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland in a major tournement. I suppose it would be nice if Ireland got in through the play offs, thats a nice friendly rivalry too (In football terms of course, not politically in historical terms).

Still not over this .. lol

Lunatic

« Reply #4728 on: October 13, 2011, 01:41:13 PM »
4 Euro spots left, here are the teams competing

Ireland v. Estonia
Turkey v. Croatia
Czech Republic v. Montenegro
Portugal v. Bosnia

Highlighted who I think will be the winners.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4729 on: October 13, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
Estonia? WTF

kemizt

bouli77

« Reply #4730 on: October 13, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
Turkey v. Croatia 8)looking forward to that. looks like it's gonna be a heated confrontation. i think Croatia's gonna win though.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4731 on: October 13, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »

Still not over this .. lol

lol well im a quarter irish  :) , so i always want them to do well

Lunatic

« Reply #4732 on: October 13, 2011, 02:47:18 PM »
Estonia? WTF
Serbia must be extremely disappointed they were beat out by Estonia for a spot in the playoff. Serbia v. Ireland would have been much better.

Sidenote: Why does Vidic take Serbia's penalties? Lol

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4733 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »
Estonia? WTF

yeah they had a good campaign, finished above serbia

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4734 on: October 13, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Not the easiest opponent for your team Luna

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4735 on: October 13, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »
portugals got it but as usaual theyll choke at some point  :(

Lunatic

« Reply #4736 on: October 13, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
I'm not overly concerned. We met Bosnia two years ago in the World Cup playoffs and won each leg 1-0. Not the most convincing victories, but everyone was talking about Dzeko and how he would tear us apart but this isn't Man City, it's Bosnia who failed to score on us in two matches; Dzeko doesn't have the supporting cast.

Plus, two or three of there starting defenders are injured/suspended and will miss at least the first leg. On top of that, they currently have 9 players a yellow card away from missing the second leg - surely, 1-3 of those players will miss the second match.

On the flipside, Portugal will have Pepe, Coentrao, Danny & Almeida back. And hopefully Bosingwa gets a callup and maybe the situation Carvalho gets fixed. Even if neither happen, a back line of Pereira, Pepe, Alves & Coentrao is more than solid enough to hold Dzeko (who's only good supporting cast member I know of is Pjanic).

Also, nothing of Bosnia's defense concerns me about them stopping Ronaldo, Nani and co.

It won't be easy but I think we should win 3-2 or 4-2 (over both legs)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4737 on: October 13, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
Turkey vs Croatia is the hardest to call, but I'd go for Turkey simply because I think they're national team performs better. On paper, Croatia should win but they just don't seem to pull it together and play as well as Turkey do.

Estonia is an easy draw, but Ireland aren't actually that good at all so they still have to play very well there.

I'd be worried if I was supporting Portugal or Czech Republic though, both Bosnia and Montenegro are tough games. Both sides have had a great qualifying campaign. Portugal should already be disappointed they've needed a playoff game for starters though. Especially from that group.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4738 on: October 13, 2011, 03:48:01 PM »

fuck scotland and fuck andy murray. i hope they never reach a major tournament again...

Personally I'd have much preferred to see Scotland go through over Ireland. But yeah, fuck andy murray.

Lunatic

« Reply #4739 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
I'd be worried if I was supporting Portugal or Czech Republic though, both Bosnia and Montenegro are tough games. Both sides have had a great qualifying campaign. Portugal should already be disappointed they've needed a playoff game for starters though. Especially from that group.
Portugal will be fine. Czech are a very poor team and Montenegro will defeat them. Portugal will be disappointed but the reason they're in this position doesn't have much to do with current form. Yes they played bad at Denmark, but that's a tough rough road game. Prior to that, they had won 5 qualifiers in a row.  They will defeat Bosnia.

The reason they are in this position has more to do with how they started the campaign - with a 4-4 home tie to Cyprus and 1-0 road defeat to Norway; all because we had major problems going on with our coach and president (Quieroz and Madail). Since those two games, Quieroz was fired and we've been in much better form under Bento.