Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 172162 times)

Lunatic

Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4800 on: December 07, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »
happy for Marseille and Napoli ;D well done Lyon. i'm hoping we (Marseille) get Apoel Nicosie for the rounds of 16... not sayin it's gonna be easy but it's definitely gon be easier than Barca, Real or Bayern :laugh:
I'm quite upset about that  :'( lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

bouli77

« Reply #4801 on: December 07, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
lol it seems like Porto's having a year off... they've been like this for a few years now. every other year they're competitive, while every other year they're disapointing.

Lunatic

« Reply #4802 on: December 07, 2011, 03:58:38 PM »
lol it seems like Porto's having a year off... they've been like this for a few years now. every other year they're competitive, while every other year they're disapointing.
I'd say this is our second disappointing year in recent memory (the year before last year) so I guess I hear where you're coming from.

The #1 problem is we didn't properly replace Falcao. Kleber/Walter aren't the answer and they're the only two strikers on the squad. Pereira is an OK coach, not great but not horrible whereas Villas Boas is genius. But the bigger problem is the lack of a striker. Hulk has been playing striker out of place where he's best on the wing. James has emerged for us as a future star and Moutinho is phenomenal. Those are our three quality players.

Guarin is having a horrendous year and will likely be sold in January. Guys like Varela & Belluschi need to go also. New midfield purchase Defour has failed to impress. Guys like Fernando and Alvaro are having quality years as usual, but I also think they're disinterested and eager for new challenges.

We really need to clean house (I predict by next year the following players will be sold: Hulk, Varela, Guarin, Belluschi, Fernando, Alvaro & Rolando). Minus Hulk, (he's having a fantastic year) I think the rest of the guys on my list were thinking they'd get a chance to move on to bigger leagues after the perfect season we had last year, and are bored to still be at Porto.

Guys like Djalma, Mangala, Iturbe, Sandro, Sergio Oliveira, James & Danilo are the future. We need to add a striker to the mix though.

bouli77

« Reply #4803 on: December 07, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
u really know ur shit when it comes to Porto lol. good read 8)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4804 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
benfica  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #4805 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »
u really know ur shit when it comes to Porto lol. good read 8)
lol thank you

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4806 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:59 AM »
Looking back with less emotion, this whole Ajax/Lyon thing seems like a huge fraud backed by Platini, to be honest. First Ajax gets two perfectly clean goals taken away from them, while Zagreb gets shitted on with like 10 goals in the 2nd half, whereas you can clearly see that the defense and the goalkeeper are not even trying at all. Not to mention that Zagreb is a Croatian club and therefore very easy to bribe. One can't imagine the money to be made when you bet on Lyon advancing to the 16s during half-time. You can even make a huge profit while still paying off everybody in Zagreb and the Portoguese referees. (Who maybe just wanted to do Mourinho a favor anyways. He's a national hero over there.) Of course the UEFA won't do shit, everybody knows why. Loaded with French and Italian people, just as corrupt as the system itself.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:20:30 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4807 on: December 08, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
Man United & Man City leaving the Champions League after the group stage  :o

its all about the Thursday nights, real football unlike this watered down champions league stuff  :'(

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4808 on: December 08, 2011, 03:04:23 PM »

its all about the Thursday nights, real football unlike this watered down champions league stuff  :'(

You mean real football like losing 6-0 in a derby in Old Trafford? Sounds tempting.
No, it's not a sin

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4809 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
"Not to mention that Zagreb is a Croatian club and therefore very easy to bribe."

Don't you just love unsourced xenophobic claims?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4810 on: December 08, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
"Not to mention that Zagreb is a Croatian club and therefore very easy to bribe."

Most betting related manipulation scandals in european football have ties to Croatia, that is a plain fact.

All such proven instances in Germany have been instigated by Croatian immigrants.

It's a corrupt country full of bribes, money laundry and people who love to bet on soccer games. You can ask your fellow Croatian immigrant next door, he will tell you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:10:57 PM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4811 on: December 09, 2011, 03:40:59 AM »

You mean real football like losing 6-0 in a derby in Old Trafford? Sounds tempting.

i wasn't being serious mate i thought that was obvious hence the tears.

it was 6-1 anyway.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4812 on: December 09, 2011, 03:45:05 AM »
Of course it was, I was just being an ass cause I like to see Fergie suffer.. he deserves it.
No, it's not a sin

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4813 on: December 10, 2011, 06:14:05 AM »

Most betting related manipulation scandals in european football have ties to Croatia, that is a plain fact.

All such proven instances in Germany have been instigated by Croatian immigrants.

It's a corrupt country full of bribes, money laundry and people who love to bet on soccer games. You can ask your fellow Croatian immigrant next door, he will tell you.

Were you buttfucked without permission by a Croatian once?

bouli77

« Reply #4814 on: December 11, 2011, 09:38:05 AM »
Of course it was, I was just being an ass cause I like to see Fergie suffer.. he deserves it.

even though he might have suffered that say, I'm sure the next day he looked back on the legacy he's built for 25 years and then look at City's honours and was like "whatever, fine, you can have that 6-1", had a good laugh and went on about his business...

seriously though, that 1-6 has left a wound that hasn't been tended yet by MU. they're shook as hell. they remind me of Chelsea last season, they were not to be fucked with in the very beginning, and a very serious contender for the title. then Ancelotti's assistant coach left and they went throught a bad streak of defeats-draws and never recovered from that.