Author Topic: PUSHING BACK DETOX IS REALLY LIKE PUSHING BACK THE WESTCOAST  (Read 547 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
PUSHING BACK DETOX IS REALLY LIKE PUSHING BACK THE WESTCOAST
« on: August 15, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
Yeah i really feel that everybody thats not from the west and shit im really tired of this detox talk when it comes out it comes out but damn i remember being in high school in 2001 and dre was really active he was on countdowns videos and making movies and all of the sudden damn its like as soon as the wash came out that was it everybody else has been poppin and other then the game shit no noise from the westcoast and nobody that is not from the west they dont want the shit to come out because people will be on this shit like flys on shit chinese people on rice and mexicans on beans because the consumer knows what this means anybody that is featured on this shit that is not named snoop or game will be able to put out albums and people will be on the just like in 99-01 like artist that put shit out xzibit knocturnal etc

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Dopeisjay

Re: PUSHING BACK DETOX IS REALLY LIKE PUSHING BACK THE WESTCOAST
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »
I wouldnt say that though..
Cause Dre dosent have much of a Westcoast Vibe anymore.. it kind of sounds more "Eastern type Hip Hop"..
Who know's though?.. he still reps the west though.. but yeah times have changed and so has Dre..
im realy lookin to hearin Detox though.. i like that song he did for "LIL Wayne - Outstanding" beat is Dope!

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »
Once again, Dre is not only representing the WC.....When Dre left DR, that was the end of being boxed into just WC music and we should all be happy for that...Time moves on and one of the things that has kept Dre somewhat popular is unlike so many WC artists, Dre refuses to be limited to just WC music...I do agree however that even as a fan of Dre's , this Detox shit needs to stop....Either release that shit or just fade into the background like he is gradually doing anyway. I think the project has lost some of it's impact anyway since it is a couple of years later than he should have released it.....I mean DAMN. RELEASE THE SHIT OR JUST FADE AWAY DRE!!. Produce whenever or whoever you want but just stop all the teasing..Unlike 2001, most of the artists that will be on Detox are not popular anymore and even the new Aftermath signee's including Bishop Lamont are starting to lose whatever buzz they had..I just don't understand the whole thing with Aftermath in releasing new music.   

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 05:10:23 PM »
yea i think everyone is in agreement that this shit is gettin ridiculous
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
I mean Damn...Dre always talks about how much he is in the studio and I understand he want's to go out with a BANG, and I know he need other rappers to make everything work but I'm sure even his closest friends and associates  including Em and Snoop are just about sick of this shit.   

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:33:57 PM »
Waiting for detox is a waste of time. Dre knows what he's doing by keeping you waiting. He's starving you people. He knows all you simps will buy it even if he drops it 5 years from now. I'm not waiting for this shit, nor will I be buying it when it drops.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 05:37:37 PM »
lets be real..does anyone think dre gives a fuck about the west or anyone that he aint eatin off of?

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 05:37:58 PM »
Man stop thse stupid threads!!!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »
...another detox thread, eh???? LMAO...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »
I mean the shit is getting ridiculous

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:52 PM »
Realy? I would've thought that nobody new coming out of the West with any real backing would've been holding the West back more than ONE Dre record. People need to come out and make their own names and quit bitching about the vets that opened their dorrs in the first place. Nobody put Ice Cube under their wing, nobody had E=40 under their wing to to lend their credinility to him, Too Short never neded nobody to make him Too Short. Get the picture?

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 01:31:27 AM »
Realy? I would've thought that nobody new coming out of the West with any real backing would've been holding the West back more than ONE Dre record. People need to come out and make their own names and quit bitching about the vets that opened their dorrs in the first place. Nobody put Ice Cube under their wing, nobody had E=40 under their wing to to lend their credinility to him, Too Short never neded nobody to make him Too Short. Get the picture?

Exactly

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 02:07:56 AM »
new WC with Ice Cube > gay Detox with 50 Cent and Eminem

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 02:11:30 AM »
new WC with Ice Cube > gay Detox with 50 Cent and Eminem

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 02:16:53 AM »
Pushing back Detox is really like pushing back hip hop in general.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.