Author Topic: Anyone heard Cormega's new album "The Realness"??  (Read 264 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Anyone heard Cormega's new album "The Realness
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2001, 06:13:29 PM »
Riveria, im not the only one who is saying this is the best Queensbridge album since It Was Written. Almost EVERY east coast head is saying this album is PURE fire. For real listen to the album before you judge, otherwise your opinion holds no weight. I think you'll be surprised.......Go to any east coast board and see what people are saying about it. I have NO doubt in my mind that this album is better than 2001. 2001 is quite overrated on this board.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2001, 07:40:54 PM »
Hellrazor...Stop being so dumb...Your entitled to your opinion, but there aint NO fuccin way that this album is "Much Better" than '2001'...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2001, 07:44:36 PM »

Hellrazor...Stop being so dumb...Your entitled to your opinion, but there aint NO fuccin way that this album is "Much Better" than '2001'...

yeah no fuckin way ;)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2001, 08:01:37 PM »
You havent even heard the album, so you cant judge. I HAVE heard the album, so I can judge.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2001, 08:06:47 PM »
most of the people here have listen it so, that's 2021 vs 1 that think this is a classic...it ain't my fault ;)
gives me dopeness"                                   

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2001, 08:11:27 PM »
i own both albums and dre2001 is much better...MUCh

but hey maybe that's just my so called biast...so i took it to my friend skooter who's more of a eastcoast head than most backpackers in New York, we were relaxing sitting in his living room listening to the albums and this is what he said

man that cormega is some hottness one of the best albums of the year

me: do you think it's the best of the year

skooter: naw, ___ was better ( i don't know who the hell he was talking about) , outkast, and talib kweli's albums were better (even though kast came out last year)

me: oh, so what was the album of the year last year.

skooter: the chronic

me: what do you think was better 2001 or the realnexx

skooter: (ponders for a sec) 2001...the production was so much better and even though mega's lyrics were doper than dre's

me: dre ain't a lyracist

skooter: i know but even though mega's lyrics were better, 2001 was more of a refreshing , mega's was a typical...typical in a good way as in it was dope but it's just the typical of what you expect from a dope album, but 2001 was somthin' fresh and dope

me: yeah, that's a way to look at it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2001, 09:39:01 PM »
You havent even heard the album, so you cant judge. I HAVE heard the album, so I can judge.

How the fucc are you gunna tell me what the fucc I heard and what I don't own?! Your trippin dawg...I don't wanna have nothing to do with you anymore...You think your opinion is a fact, even when your opinion is out of the ordinary...Peace out!

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2001, 09:41:19 PM »
:o
gives me dopeness"                                   

RivieraIII

Re: Anyone heard Cormega's new album
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2001, 09:26:46 AM »

Riveria, im not the only one who is saying this is the best Queensbridge album since It Was Written. Almost EVERY east coast head is saying this album is PURE fire. For real listen to the album before you judge, otherwise your opinion holds no weight. I think you'll be surprised.......Go to any east coast board and see what people are saying about it. I have NO doubt in my mind that this album is better than 2001. 2001 is quite overrated on this board.

Listen dog, ain't about East Coast/West Coast boards. Hip hop icons such as Pete Rock called "2001" classic on radio (Hot 97, NY) so what the fuck are you tellin' me? Again, I LIVE in BROOKLYN, NEW YORK and besides West Coast legends such as Dre, Snoop (+ the crew), Cube, Quik and a couple of others, I don't check West Coast Rap like that; in other words I KNOW my muthafuckin New York Hip Hop. I don't know ONE head here in NY who ever fronted on "2001" (and I've never been to L.A.). So yeah, like I said before, that Cormega joint may be DOPE but I doubt (like most in the know would) it can't be "MUCH better" than "2001" which is listed among the greatest Rap records ever. I listen to all the underground radio shows in NY and I ain't heard no fuckin' body talkin that classic shit about "The Realness". And how dare you compare this shit to "Illmatic" or "The Infamous"?? Fuck beats, lyrically a Super-Cormega COULDN'T go toe for toe against NAS or PRODIGY, (especially "Illmatic" era Nas). Now, as a concept, there's no way this album can retrace the grounds covered by "Illmatic" and "The Infamous" or even "Hell On Earth" without being somewhat repetitive. That's what REAL classic albums do: they fuck up whateva comes afterwards. And one last thing: there's a fuckin' difference between a dope album, a masterpiece and a CLASSIC record. What the fuck is "The Realness" changing in HIP-HOP? I could list you 20 things "2001" changed, especially when it comes to production (and I have magazine quotes from THE RZA and TIMBALAND plus props from DJ PREMIER, MARLEY MARL and PETE ROCK to back it up). So Cormega's "The Realness"? Another dope rap record, probably alongside Talib Kweli & Hi Tek's "Reflection Eternal (Train of Thought)" (and I'm not even too sure 'coz THAT shit is a masterpiece...) That's about it... Don't get it twisted... Still, I would defend an album I love like you do so it's all good...

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2001, 12:31:03 PM »
Shits off tha chain, but it aint no classic, and i 2001 is definetly classic, just my opinion.
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2001, 02:21:44 PM »
Riveria, im not the only one comparing this album to Illmatic or The Infamous. Go to the eastcoast boards, and almost any site that has reviewed the album. Maaaaaaaaad heads were comparing it to Illmatic and The Infamous before I even heard the album. And after hearing the album, I can see why. I wouldnt say its on the same level as Illmatic or The Infamous, but it aint too far behind........Believe me, im not the only one saying this shit. The people who are hyping it up are the reason I checked out the album in the first place. Shit is hot.

As for 2001, I dont consider it one of the greatest albums ever. And guess what?? Im BORN AND RAISED west coast. Ive lived in Cali for my entire 23 years, and I love west coast music, but 2001 is OVERRATED!!! I skip half the songs on it, thus I cant consider it classic. I hear people compare this album to The Chronic, and it sickens me. These two albums shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2001, 08:53:57 AM »
Thank you RivieraIII...

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2001, 10:28:06 AM »
Hellrazor you really underate 2001. I don't understand why. I haven't heard cormega's album yet (I'm getting it this weekend) however I'm sure it's not "much better" than 2001.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

RivieraIII

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2001, 02:44:07 PM »

Thank you RivieraIII...

Good lookin' dog... Real headz know the deal....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2001, 04:43:33 PM »
hellrazor your really need to check yourself, everyone including eastcoast heads know what's up with 2001, you act like your opinion is fact...and it's not, there are some albums i don't like but they're still classic...and theres album i really like alot more than those classics like the war disc by cube but i ain't gonna say the war disc is a classic, like you're jumping to the conclusion that the art of war was classic, cormega's album is tight but just becuase some board is comparing it to illmatic doesn't mean it's true we got people on this board talking about the eastsidaz being classic...just cuz they say it don't mean it's true

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09