Author Topic: The Montreal Screw Job?!?!?  (Read 374 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: The Montreal Screw Job?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 09:19:17 PM »
Anyone see the vid where Bret Hart announces that he quits wrestling in the WWF & when Bret's going into the crowd you can hear Vince saying something like "No Bret, please don't do this".lol
This should be it.  And if you want anymore youtube clips of Hitman like when he started cussing like an ECW wrestler, and when he & the rest of the Hart Foundation goes to Halifax, i'll give you the links to that too.  Although they should be on the related clips on the right.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
Lets be honest though: Bret should of just dropped the title when Vince asked. He was asking to get screwed. You can't tell the boss how you're gonna do things. I don't usually agree with Vince, but I can't blame him in that situation either. However, on the flipside, Vince did agree to the terms so that is equally fucked up. Vince should of used those grapefruits that he brags about and told Bret straight up that he was gonna drop the belt at the Survivor Series. That woulda saved him a black eye.

Notice how I switch sides completely in my argument lol..............no homo.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 11:43:06 PM »
Yooo some classic footage if you scroll threw those youtube videos. Austin, Dx started the attitude era??? naa man Bret HArt startd it by pushing Vince caling him a asshile on tv, by attacking Vince every monday and exposing him as the owner for the first time.

If you look at some of those videos he eeps saying he was screwwd insint ironic that he realy got screwd in the end???

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 07:18:06 AM »
Lets be honest though: Bret should of just dropped the title when Vince asked. He was asking to get screwed. You can't tell the boss how you're gonna do things. I don't usually agree with Vince, but I can't blame him in that situation either. However, on the flipside, Vince did agree to the terms so that is equally fucked up. Vince should of used those grapefruits that he brags about and told Bret straight up that he was gonna drop the belt at the Survivor Series. That woulda saved him a black eye.

Notice how I switch sides completely in my argument lol..............no homo.

I always felt that Vince set this up from the day he told Bret that he couldn't keep him under contract in September, while Bret was champion. Bret didn't even want to leave. He was willing to restructure his deal for less money. I think Vince wanted to do the screw job just for the publicity it would get him. The rating Raw did the next night was the beginning of the turn around for WWE. For the record Bret was willing to drop the belt before and after that night. He just didn't want to drop it to Shawn because Shawn told him he'd never job to Bret again. Hell when Shawn went against Austin the following Wrestlemania Undertaker had to threaten him before the match to make sure HBK did the job right.

It makes no sense for Vince to tell his current champion that he is going to drop him and to find a job with WCW and then keep the belt on the guy for two months after that. All that shit about worrying about Bret taking the belt to WCW is garbage. They trusted Bret enough to give him two months notice while he had the title and they knew that trust would be returned by Bret, and there was no way BRrt would screw them afterwards. If he wanted to he could have easily taken the belt over anyway since he didn't actually lose in the minds of any fan. It was because of the respect he had for all the other guys in that locker room that he didn't do that. There was nothing stopping Bret from walking in to Nitro as WWF Champion. If Vince was really worried about Bret screwing him then he would have taken the belt off him first and then told him he was fired.