Author Topic: Post East Coast albums that you consider classics and why. Thread.  (Read 513 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: Post East Coast albums that you consider classics and why. Thread.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
The Fugees - The Score

What more can i say!?!? ITS THE FUCKIN FUGEES! Got all their classic tunes on this one.

Tribe Called Quest - Hits, Rarities & Remix's

I can listen to this album all the way through! Q and Phife are fucking gangsters! Beats bang and their flows makes my penis enlarge. SHWING! So many classic tunes on this album its crazy!!!!!

Gangstarr - Ownerz

Premo is easily the best producer ever! This album is fuckin classic aswell, right along side Moment of Truth.

Pete Rock - Soul Survivor

Damn pete rock's definately top 5 best producers of all time. AND he can rap!! Great guest appearences on this album, soo many im too fuckin lazy to type them out. COP THIS SHIT!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:34:37 PM by Notorious T.D.A »

herpes

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 07:57:57 PM »
Lost Boyz - Legal Drug Money

This is a personal classic to me.  Mr. Cheeks might not be the best lyricist in the game.  But he knows how to make a good song.  He hasmade some of the catchiest hooks the game has ever seen.  This album without a doubt is a street album but at the same time is a excellent party album.  Which is a very hard thing to do.  Dont kid yourself Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimas and Benz and Music Makes me High still can get a club jumping.  And Renee is a all time classic song.  Mr Sex and Eazy Mo Bee drop some dope beats on here.  The whole album flowed nice not like now a days where every song sounds like a totally different song.  Freaky Tah was one of the dopest hype men around and even his solo track was fire.  If you dont get hyped off of 1,2,3 then there is something wrong with you.  And also is a personal classic b/c these cats are from around my way, there from South Ozone Park.  The Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimas and Benz video was shot in Lincoln Park on 135th st and Linden Blvd.  There are certain things from that album that you would only get if you're from Queens.

herpes

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »
Wordsworth - Mirror Music

I heard this album only sold like 1000 copies which is really a shame.  This is a album that I call grown up rap.  He speaks on real issues.  Its a very deep and personal album.  Its just the type of album where a lot of songs you can find a way to relate to.  And he does have a couple of battle type tracks which he is know for.  Its just a really mature sounding album which is very refreshing in this day and age of hip hop.  And wordsworth is a dope lyricist.  There are only a couple of guest appearances but they all come correct.  Its not like most albums where every track has a guest and it sounds more like a mix-tape then a album.  The production is all right.  The only problem with it is whoever mastered and mixed the album did a shitty job.  But too me at least that doesnt take away from the overall product.  I really think this is a great album and criminally slept on.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 08:36:30 PM »
Cam'Ron - Purple Haze
Mobb Deep - Infamous
Cam'Ron - S.D.E.
Cam'Ron - Confessions of Fire
Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity 1
Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity 2
Juelz Santana - What The Game's Been Missing
The Lox - Money, Power, Respect
Wu Tang - 36 Chambers
Jim Jones - Hustlers Pome
Jim Jones - Diary of a Harlem Summer
Jim Jones - On The Way To Church
Big - Ready To Die
Puff - No Way Out

herpes

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 08:52:11 PM »
Can the mods do there jobs and whoever didnt follow the rules have there shit deleted.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 01:23:31 AM »

this is a classic album right here.i'll never get tired of this.even after 21 years this album still sound fresh.how many ppl in rap jacked lirycs from run-dmc? a shit load!!! just listen to the first track to hear it for yourself! even the beat got jacked a several times. this album revolutionised hip hop back in the day.if im a hip hop head these days it's because of this album.if you dont have this album in your collection,well you dont have a collection!!! ;)

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 04:05:27 AM »
Props Quiet 4 a creatin a clever topic!

I agree with the 2 Big L albums, they 2 of my favs, and the Fugees 2, but this is 1 of my east coast classics right here:

Big Pun - Yeeeah Baby

Big Pun was a really talented dude! His first album Capital Punishment woz dope as fuck, but Yeeeah Baby is my personal favourite. Pun shows he cud spit in different ways on this album and its just gr8 2 listen 2.

It all starts with a skit of Pun creatin the ultimate being, by throwin in Kool G Rap, Eddie Murphy, Michael Jackson and so on...then it kicks in with track after track being different from the last 1.

You got hard ass tracks like We Don't Care with Fat Joe and New York Giants with MOP to easier tracks like the spanish soundin 100% and comical tracks like Laughin At You and My Dick.

The album just got massive replay value 4 me, its 7 years old now and everytime I bump it, it still sounds fresh as fuck. I fink it wud b difficult 2 find another album that is like this 1.

Top that all off with lines like "I got songs with the Devil, and Jesus singin on the chorus" and u got a dope classic album! Any1 who aint listened 2 this shit shud do!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 04:52:47 AM »
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

this is definatley a classic album.. i love the distinctive and instrumental sounds throughout the album, the work the bassiist Ron Carter did on it was brilliant for the time it was released.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 08:36:54 AM »
Black Moon - Enta Da Stage

Buckshot drops muted verbal perfection over jazzed out, bottom heavy samples and dusty beats. "Who Got The Props", "Buck Em Down", "I Got Cha Open" and "How Many's MCs" stand out, but this is a amazing album from front to back.

Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin

A similar formula to Enta Da Stage, but with a greater Reggae influence in the vocals from Tek and Steele and in the samples used by the Beatminerz. "Wreckonise", "Bucktown" and "Stand Strong" are the highlights, but once again its almost perfection from start to finish.

Play these two back to back and you've got the perfect smoke session accompaniment.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »
 ^ Add

OGC - Da storm

Another classic album i picked up a month ago. Beats are tight. And who doesnt love the homies from the boot camp!?!

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »
Can the mods do there jobs and whoever didnt follow the rules have there shit deleted.

Preach.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 03:29:58 PM »

Preach.

I just knew it wasn't gonna work. When I first saw T.D.A's post, I had high hopes.

Propz for at least postin' ya'll though. :-\

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »
Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music

People is posting heat!!

And I'ma add this album. Shit is off the hook. I personally think the album's beats is tight, the lyrics is fire, flow, on point.

Some of my favorite tracks are, 'Tears', 'Ghetto Instinct', 'This Is How We Do' and especially 'What's Up Doc'. I think there's maddd quotables in that track. Plus it's got the hottest beat on the CD.

There's only like one track that I don't feel which is 'Flip Da Scrip'. But don't get it messed up, it ain't wack.

It's a grimey 18 joint album and I think it's somethang you can listen to in full complete rotation. Especially if you need a East Coast 90 Hip Hop album to vibe too.

It's one of my favorites and got some of my favorited tracks, so, it's hot.

I don't know, if you haven't checked it, look into it.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 04:00:17 PM »
Pumpkin Head - Orange Moon Over Brooklyn

Pumpkin Head is one of those real emcee's, bringing dope, clever lyrics that have a message involved. Dope production from Canada's own Marco Polo. I recomend listening to the song "Rock On"

One.Be.Lo - SONOGRAM

Yeah its not east coast but i thought i'd bring it to your guys attention. Another dope emcee that has a positive vision in his lyrics but can still spit that fire. I recomend listening to the song "the ghetto"

dope shit boys, dont sleep!!!!!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »
Zhigge - Zhigge

One of my favorite shit's ever. Love the beats, love the style, everythang is hot.

From 'Rakin' In The Dough' to 'Harlem' to 'Make Ya Hips Hop' and 'Toss It Up'. It's all heat, imo.

'All That Glitters Ain't Gold' is a fav. I mean, I don't know ya'll. Album is off the chain. Prolly won't find it in a store, so cop that shit off Amazon. Ya'll need it in your collection. Otherwise, I don't know, ya'll lost. Along with other albums, this is in the rotation alot alot. So for real for real, buy it!

No much to say bout it, it's that good niggas. Do not sleep!