Author Topic: Posey signs with boston  (Read 169 times)

BIG SB

Posey signs with boston
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:41:20 PM »
Don't no if this has been posted:

ugust 25th, 2007
Celts agree to terms with Posey
Posted by Mark Murphy at 2:13 pm

The Celtics just agreed to terms with one of the hottest free agents still on the market - James Posey, a player who should give the Celtics defense a significant upgrade.

This 6-8 forward, known in particular for his role as a defensive stopper on the 2006 Miami team that won the NBA title, averaged 7.7 points, five boards and one steal per game last season.

The deal came together with relative haste. Though Danny Ainge, the Celtics’ director of basketball operations, had been in touch with Posey over the last month, discussions gained momentum yesterday, after Reggie Miller informed the Celtics that he would not come out of retirement to join the team.

By this afternoon, the sides had reached agreement on a deal that will pay Posey just over $3 million - the amount left on the team’s mid-level exception - next season. The full contract will pay him $7 million over the next two years, with Posey holding an option on the second season.

Posey’s decision is significant, considering that the Celtics initially considered his price to be too high. But dynamics of the market drove Posey’s price down.

According to agent Mark Bartelstein, Posey could have received more to play in some other locations, but was attracted by the Celtics’ growing allure as eastern conference contenders.

New Jersey had been close to a deal with Posey this week, but had less money to offer than the Celtics.

Though Posey had been thought to be angling for a return to Miami, the Heat’s signing of Anfernee Hardaway may have changed his thinking.

His modest scoring numbers aside, Posey is considered a high-energy player who is particularly adept that shutting down opposing small forwards and big guards.

At the age of 30, he is not only considered to be a player in his prime, but also one of the NBA’s most highly regarded role players - in short, the perfect player to compliment Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/celtics/?p=126

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Posey signs with boston
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:43:30 PM »
...and theyjust keep improving.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
Damn thats a sick pick up!

Kendrick Perkins / Scot Pollard
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce / James Posey
Ray Allen / Tony Allen
Rajon Rondo / Eddie House

Nice core. But the more and more they improve, more pressure gets put on Rondo. He can't be ready to lead this group of players.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:04:45 AM »
Now that's a nice acquisition.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 11:30:04 AM »
Didn't Pat Riley de-activate Posey this year for not meeting a conditional goal?

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »
Didn't Pat Riley de-activate Posey this year for not meeting a conditional goal?

It's a good move for the Celts Nik

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:13:49 PM »
I wouldn't know until I saw the chemistry. However, I wouldn't want Posey on my team, to be 100% honest.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »
i would

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 03:42:49 PM »
Damn thats a sick pick up!

Kendrick Perkins / Scot Pollard
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce / James Posey
Ray Allen / Tony Allen
Rajon Rondo / Eddie House

Nice core. But the more and more they improve, more pressure gets put on Rondo. He can't be ready to lead this group of players.

it makes it better for him i think, all of those players are reliable scorers, makes him look better if you ask me.